1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Space Key not working on Mac?

Discussion in 'Support' started by jfc_sebastian, Aug 6, 2018.

1. jfc_sebastian

jfc_sebastian Intergalactic Tourist

So, since I tried updating Stardew Valley, my space key no longer works. I usually have it set as my action key so I can talk to people and interact with things. It works for the first interaction (i.e., I can turn on the TV or start a conversation), but then it won't work anymore. I can't speed up the text or even get rid of the dialogue window until I use my mouse.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

• ConcernedDuck

ConcernedDuck Aquatic Astronaut

More information would be required, but, the best improvement right now is:
      Set your interact key to the original E and forget all about the space bar. Besides, you can't jump in SDV.

Concerned,
      Concerned
      Duck

:)

• jfc_sebastian

That key doesn't work either. :/
        What information can I provide?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
        • ConcernedDuck

If i was to ask,

Mods. Any changes to the SDV files. If pandemonium happens, redownload the game or check file integrity.
          I'll search the whole WWW to fix your problems.

I'm waddling with no answers. Sigh.
          ConcernedDuck

• jfc_sebastian

I have a mod to change Sebastian into looking like a character from Mystic Messenger, but that's it. I'll try as you say and redownload. For some weird reason, I have both the old version and the updated one.

I really appreciate your help!

• ConcernedDuck

I found multiple answers to your bug, but i dont think it should permanently fix your problem:

1. Does keys like ESC and CTRL work? Try pressing CTRL while pressing space or E.
              2. Using a different language may break the buttons. Set your keyboard language to U.S English.
              3. Do you have a KVM? If you have, that may fix your problem.
              4. Might be a bug, i dont know, since i had no problem with the latest version, but if it is, well, find a way to downgrade or wait for next update.

P.S: If you dont know what to do on this list that i did, welp, search it on google.

Detective Duckers!
              ConcernedDuck

jfc_sebastian likes this.