Modding Help Some questions on custom events

Discussion in 'Mods' started by G00ps, Dec 19, 2017.

1. G00ps

G00ps Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just figured out how to make some custom events, but I have some things I'm having trouble with( again)
    1. How to emotes work exactly? I found the png files but I don't know which numbers go with which emote
    2. How do I make new portraits? I already know how to edit them, but how do I make new ones? For instance, an NPC like Vincent has only like 4, and I'd like to give him some more complexity. How to I add more?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
      HopeWasHere likes this.
    • Savertin

Savertin Void-Bound Voyager

1. There numbered from #0 to #9 from left to right and up to down. It's also possible to use #h for the happy face and #s for the sad face.
      2. I'm not sure about this, though, but I guess it's not possible with XNB-Modding alone.

• G00ps

Numbered from #0 to #9? I don't see any numbers on the unpacked emotes png file.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

1. Here's a list of emote IDs.
          2. The first image in any spritesheet is index 0, the second is index 1, etc. You can add any number of portraits at the bottom of a character's portrait spritesheet, and just refer to them by their index (see Modding:Dialogue#Portrait_commands). You can either create an XNB mod which replaces their portrait file, or use SMAPI's content API to safely inject your new portraits without editing files.

• G00ps

Thanks! :D