1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Some QoL changes

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Moose2001, Jul 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Moose2001

Moose2001 Phantasmal Quasar

So I decided to go and collect some plants for crafting outside of the base crop seeds. Some of these things should have been changed long ago, but for whatever reasons have not been. If there is a future update, hopefully some of these things can be changed.

• Trees that drop saplings. Too many trees that do drop saplings only drop 1. All trees should have a chance to drop more than 1.
    • Going further on trees, a lot still don't drop saplings. Makes farming some drops like Bio Samples more annoying.
    • Petals. Flowers still don't have seeds for them. Besides crafting, this would allow for some nice base decorating.
    • Thorn Fruit. There are no seeds or saplings for this plant still.
    • Kelp. This thing has been bugged for awhile. Ocean/Arctic Biome kelp do not drop saplings. Only toxic oceans seem to drop saplings.
    • Food. It's currently too annoying to be worth using in the game. The main problem is the toolbar issue. Once you consume it, it empties it from the toolbar because food doesn't stack. Its fine that food rots, although I feel once you have a Cooling EPP it should do something to extend the life/prevent this. The main issue is food being so clunky to maintain and use from your toolbar. If I'm carrying around multiple Ultimate Juices, I shouldn't be forced to open my inventory to use them each time because they drop off of the toolbar after each use.
    I know there's plenty of other long standing issues, and that this is only a small subsection of them. If there is a future patch it would be nice if it was one that polished up some existing content.

2. Wa.luigi.time

Wa.luigi.time Subatomic Cosmonaut

All of these seem like proper improvements to me.
    I didn't even know kelp had a sapling!
    Food is definitely not the best thing in the game but I always have enough inventory space to keep my character alive for the (surface) exploration of one full planet.
    There isn't any room for more food because of the countless seeds I collect.