1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Some FanArt and Some Writing

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by QuartzComposer, May 10, 2014.

1. QuartzComposer

QuartzComposer Seal Broken

Hello, My name is Madeline, also known on Youtube and DeviantArt as QuartzComposer
    YT Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/QuartzComposer
    DeviantArt - http://quartzcomposer.deviantart.com/
    I'm mainly a digital artist, and enjoy working in a more abstract style, but I also have a sketchbook practically filled with Risk of Rain stuff!

Risk of Rain Enemies - I Like all of them except the parent, I think it looks weird
    [​IMG]
    My first drawing of providence
    [​IMG]
    Some more enemies
    [​IMG]
    Items!

[​IMG]
    Providence - WIP
    [​IMG]

I also enjoy writing, and have started a pretty in-depth story. All of the character's personalities are created by me with a little inspiration from comments on the wikki...

Risk of Rain -

Commando - … and so he left, with everything but his humanity.
    Enforcer - … and so he left, mutated beyond recognition.
    Bandit - … and so he left, with his pyrrhic plunder.
    Huntress - … and so she left, her soul still remaining on the planet.
    HAN-D - … and so he left, servos pulsing with new life.
    Engineer - … and so he left, more steel and machine than man.
    Miner - … and so he left the planet, adrenaline still rushing through his veins.
    Sniper - … and so he left, sound still ringing in deaf ears.
    Acrid - … and so it left, with a new hunger: to be left alone.
    Mercenary - … and so he left, never to become human again.

Introduction

It started just as a drizzle, small droplets falling from the sky, but as you should know, when it rains… It pours.
    It’s a different time now then it was only a hundred years ago. Space flight is the core of society, transporting cargo and people to all the worlds of humanity, but believe me when I say the war of before is not over. Jealousy and malice fill the minds of some, and there is no way to preempt their strikes.
    It was through an ‘untimely’ set of circumstances that we find ourselves in the position we do now. Ship crashed, crew split up, maybe even dead, cargo strewn throughout the alien landscape, so let us hope it does not monsoon.

Commando

The relief of getting through the nebula clouded our vision to the events that would conspire. As the so-called captain, all I feel is pain: pain of the loss of friends, pain of the loss of trust, and the searing and burning pain of the crash itself. All I can think of is If, If, If: if I could have seen it, if I could have been more careful, if I could have saved them. Well, they may still be alive, but all of the teleporters are gone, and survival seems less then likely on this planet. I don’t know what our cargo was, but it’s my theory that it is what put us… me, here.
    I walked from the crash site in the direction I decided to call north. There was a large clearing ahead, the ground made up of clay with small grasses sprouting from the cracks, the stalks blowing in the wind, the sky filling with clouds above me. I looked around once more, noticing that this was not a clearing at all, but a dry lakebed, dotted with the sprouting of new life. Not so far away I saw 2 of the cargo chests from our ship laying upside down in the mud. Not so far from that was an odd sculpture, not like any created by humanity. I started walking, and then broke into a run. The sky clouded over above me, ominous clouds obscuring the small star that gave this world light. A drizzle fell from the clouds.

Enforcer

I have my gun and I have my will, I may not have my humility or my humanity… or my compatriots, but I’m here, alive, and I’m full of resolve. The forest was desolate, a twilight purple sky above me and thick trees and mountainous terrain surrounding me. My ground zero. In the sky: a broken moon with a trail of rocks following. A truly unnerving sight. My wounds began to call my attention, and I knew that if I didn’t find supplies soon I’d be less then pleased. With my gun drawn and my shield, which I had luckily held on to in the crash, I advanced forward. I went slowly at first, taking in the alien surroundings. The air was cold and the light dimmed as small drops of rain fell from the sky. A few hundred meters to my side I saw a wealth of plants, many with berries and fruits hanging heavy from the thin branches, making them sag with weight. I dragged my injured body to the patch of bushes and began to eat, not knowing, or caring, really, what the foreign fruits would do to my already degraded condition.

Bandit

In the old days, the cowboys of Earth explored the great expanse of desert, conquering as they went. I am a space cowboy, and presented with unplundered world, a space cowboy must obey his impulse and plunder it. Don’t get me wrong, I care very much for my crew, but a lone ranger will always be a lone ranger. I much prefer hot to cold, and the fetid dampness of the cavern unnerved me. A small flash of light made me jump, and I turned to see where it came from. A large figure stood at the entrance to the cave, I knew on sight that this was not one of my crew, but an alien, coming for my blood. I pulled down my blue cowboy hat that my father had given to me as a boy and pulled my rifle from my back and shot. The drizzle, which had already persisted for a few hours escalated, and fat drops of water rained from the sky. It was too dangerous to go outside, that I knew, so farther into the fungal heaven I went.

MONSTER LOG – TAKEN FROM CLASSIFIED FILES OF A LATE SCIENTIST

Lemurian:

“The first sentient species I discovered on my unfortunate arrival. Around 7 feet tall, with scaly skin not different from that of a lizard. Bipedal. Aggressive on sight, and attacks with its bite and does not employ weapons. All that I have encountered have armor on their shoulders and wrists indicating a high intelligence. They seem to live in underground tunnels networked all over the planet which they can use to ambush prey.”

Huntress

I am not of their kind, but yet I do end up on a planet that so wants me to believe I am. I know true that I am not of the human race, but from whence I origin I do not know. My father told me none before he disappeared, leaving me to the dogs. After, I went to the only place I thought I truly knew: Space. An environment that rejected all life, so when it rejected me, I felt no pain. How I found myself on this planet is a less then beautiful tale, but what I’ve found here was worth all of the pain that crew might have suffered because of me, for I knew it was my fault. They always knew I was not one of them, even though I never told them strait out. I wear my armor at all times for the soul purpose of hiding my face, the outward feature that separates me from the humans. The risk of rain is complete and I can tell from the air that they are coming from my blood, the blood of an infidel. Providence called me, so I went, spiraling deeper and deeper down the hole. Forced to kill my own family to find the one that would accept me.

Child:

These small beings fill me with dread... From a distance I can see them frolicking among the rocks- playing with the other ghostly 'children'. I don't know how else to describe them; they seem so innocent until I approach. When they see me, it is as if a switch is flicked, and I am now their plaything... Deadly. Kill on sight.

Parent:

A deadly force, they rush at me mad with grief and rage. Parents will slam the ground; their only aim to crush the butcher of their offspring. Their powerful blows open great lashes into the quaking ground. I feel the guilt now of murdering their children, but I know that these things cannot stop me now, I must go on.

Engineer

I can’t help but blame myself; I’m the damn engineer! I’m the one that’s supposed to keep the train on its tracks, and what happened? We fell out of the sky, lost all of our cargo, and everyone else is probably dead… because of me. I’m prepared though. I always have tools and material with me, it’s habitual and some of the crew call it unhealthy, but I know what I must do now. I found a chunk of ship’s computer on the ground in a meadow on top of a large hill near where I landed. I fashioned the crude materials into a drone: a flying bit of machinery to survey my surroundings and alert me of anything of interest. I made 20 of these small machines and programmed them to disperse themselves across the landscape. If any of my crew was alive, I would know. I walked over to the edge of the meadow, feeling lucky to have 4 working limbs. Down the hill just a bit was a large clump of rocks. I’m one to know my surroundings, and learn how to exploit them. This sky meadow tripped my uneasy sense. I turned to walk back to the other edge when a movement caught my eye. A ghostly, very nearly transparent figure ran into view. It was very softly shaped, and its mannerisms looked like that of a lost child. It’s face met mine and I saw at once the look of a child ready to play. Ready to play with my limp, dead, body. There was no teleporter to save me now. As a great inspiration to me once said, “All you ever need is to survive for 60 seconds, just one minute, and your assurance of survival is complete.”

Part II

Miner

The children’s game, the floor is lava, has never been more relevant than in this place. I was soaked to the bone, and a small cave opening radiated heat, inviting me to bask in its warmth. The underground was where I was meant to be. My big alloy pickaxes were heavy in my hands, but I couldn’t, and I knew I never would, have a desire to put them down, leave them, throw them away. The magma was scorching, and it was surprising how treacherous the path was: catwalks suspended from the rock ceiling and alcoves carved into the walls. The ground beneath me rumbled with the fire of this world’s geologic wonders inviting me to do what I was meant to do: dig. I crept along the high platforms searching for something I didn’t know I was looking for. Maybe it was home, a place to sleep, or maybe my adrenaline powered body was catching up with itself. In front of me I saw a large pile of rocks, almost like a sculpture. They had obviously placed by someone there on the catwalk and their foreignness intrigued me. I walked over to the pile and was compelled to place my hand on its surface. I instantly yanked off my thick glove and put my hand on its rough surface. A burning sensation spread through my body, like all of my limbs being bathed in mining acid at once. The pain was glorious. My vision blurred at the sides as I fell to the ground, my arms above me, trembling, but I NEEDED to keep them on the monolith. The burning began to subside. A soft glowing light flickered on, and I stood up, finally having enough strength. A small object was sitting on top of the shrine, a mangled child’s teddy bear with a label reading “Dio’s Best Friend”. The ground began rumbling under me, the magma churning, a monster rising from the waves.

Shipping Details:

Order – Dio’s Best Friend

Shipping Method – High Priority/Fragile

Order Description – Cheat Death

Order Details – Here you go: you can remember Dio forever with this. A cheers, to the best kitten ever born. We all love you, despite your flaws. Please stick around for a long time

MONSTER LOG – TAKEN FROM THE CLASSIFIED FILES OF A LATE SCIENTIST

Cremator:

I could not believe my eyes as this creature erupted from the lava. My suit's temperature gauges screeched in warning. How can anything subsist in such heat? Through craters in the Cremator's thick back armor red hot boulders explode in every direction. The amount of heat and pressure within its body must be a source of immense power. I pray I survive this encounter, for if this beast bests me I know there will be no remains left to mark my short existence.

Sniper

I came out of the fall in a roll, sniper rifle held stable in front of me; I knew that my military training would a virtue in this place. The ground was unstable, depressing, cracking, and bending under my feet. Just in front of me I saw a small bit of electronic sitting in the mud, gleaming with rain. I know good engineering when I see it, and I recognized the little machine instantly. As I approached, a small red light blinked on. It knew I was here. This machine gave me hope, some of the crew must still be alive and I knew with all of my hart that if I would complete this journey, I would find my comrades. I picked up the small drone and activated its flight. It instantly flew a few meters in front of me. The engineer had a custom drone setting for each crewmember, I used mine as a scanner to locate and alert me of incoming enemies. We would conquer this world together. The panic started as white noise, just a vibration in the back of my mind, and as I walked through this environment, it came more to my attention. After a few minutes, the unnoticeable humming became an overwhelming buzz, like a bee. I would have never known how true that analogy would actually be.

Archer Bug:

Such aggravating creatures! These insects come in droves- as a group their wings create a maddening whine. Even the other creatures seem disturbed by their presence. A small amount of their projectile spit managed to penetrate one of the layers of my suit. It was extremely caustic. A festering rash has formed in the area, but doesn't seem to be spreading.

Mercenary

Laser sword pointed to the heavens, the Mercenary set out on his journey. He was a hired gun, a man made only to be bought and sold for the use of his skills. It was only luck that he would land in such a place, but he knew someone would, and it was probably for the best that it was him. The ground was sopping even hundreds of feet from the hole. The Mercenary had never seen something like this. The entrance was a cliff, about 10 feet above the surface of the submerged lake, and was obviously artificial: a perfect circle. The mercenary knew that nobody else but him would have even thought of exploring the underwater chasm, but he sensed something, and he was trained to follow his instincts. A small staircase obviously not made for human proportions was carved in the side of the cliff face. The water was cold and the salinity burned his eyes. The subterranean lake gave off an eerie dark, a fog that couldn’t be lifted. There were small square alcoves carved into the walls, some form of lettering written above; Inside each was a small stone box. The mercenary dared not touch these boxes for he knew what this place was, and had heard the tales of defilers, killed for their crimes. The Sunken Tomb spread out under him, just coming into view as his breath became short. A small ledge dipped into the water, he swam over and hauled himself out from the lagoon, his clothes heavy with salt water. In front of him was a cargo box, not unlike the ones from the ship, this one was different thought, he knew it. Rust covered the seams, convex blemishes riddled the surface like there was an animal trapped inside, pounding to get out.

Second Loop

Commando

The rain didn’t bother me, in fact, it heightened my senses of the world around me, making me notice how my boots sank in the mud of the wet lakebed and how alien this world really was. I knew that if there was life on this planet, this clearing was not a safe place to be, but I also knew that there would be valuable supplies in our ship’s cargo, and the crates, sitting upside down in the mud, invited me to open them. And then the odd sculpture caught again my attention. I knew the danger that was present in the unknown, it could have been an alter to their gods for all I knew, and touching it could mean sudden death, but I also wondered what would happen if I touched it… I decided to go to the containers first. They were completely upside down, and it took almost all of my strength to upend them and pry open the carefully sealed latches. The mission we were on was very secretive, even I didn’t know what we were carrying, in fact, no one knew but the Mercenary, the one hired to keep the precious cargo safe, we had good reason not to trust him. The first container contained a small vile containing an opaque green jell. The screw off cap invited use, but I didn’t know for what. I could be poison for all I know. Again I looked into the crate; Why would someone need to ship a vile like this by space train? Anyway, I grabbed the mysterious vile and opened the second box. Inside was a weapon unlike any I had ever seen before. It was obviously an energy subrifle, I knew enough about advanced weaponry to distinguish that, but other then that, the technology seemed completely foreign. I picked up the weapon, it was very light, almost fragile, so much so I was borderline afraid of shooting the thing, but I knew I would need all I could get on this planet. The rain continued and night began to fall, I would visit the sculpture in the morning.

Enforcer

The fruits put up no fight, they dropped off the vine as to say: eat me, you know you want to. I was not ready to die, not here, in this desolate place, with no one to even feel my death. The small star was beginning to dip below the horizon and the purple sky began to fade to red. The incessant rain was maddening, the sounds remind me so much of my home, a place I know I will never be again. Even if I die on this planet, which I very well may, the chance of rescue is miniscule, not with all of our equipment destroyed and teleporters gone. I resigned myself to the consequences: my comrades were gone and I was terribly injured. My last meal in this universe would be these foreign fruits, inviting me to take a bite from the tree of life. It took all of my will to bite into the crunchy flesh. The juice was succulent, sickly sweet, not unlike a poison. I laid on the wet ground of this forest, ready to die, as my body began to burn, a searing pain shooting up my limbs. As I resigned to my death, I remembered my mother and her death, how she must have felt, leaving this universe. Was her death painful, did she resign to it as so I did. Nobody liked to talk about the war anymore, it seemed like so long ago, but was still so present in everyone’s minds. The burning subsided and the shock of it was over. I was sure I was dead, brought to the place beyond places, everything seemed right with the world, my pain had subsided and the ground was soft. I sat up and in front of me was the fruit bush. Was the place beyond places tricking me? Was I too live out eternity in the place I died? Was the universe that cruel? I looked to my leg, the large gash was still there, but was closing rapidly; Strength returned to my arms and I felt the rain falling from the heavens, the sky now a deep maroon. I had not died. I was still on this mysterious planet, but honestly, was this really a better option? It would’ve probably been mutually agreeable if I had just died, for now I had my fire back: I would take this world by the neck and give it a good lashing. I heard a muffled boom, and then footfalls behind me as I slowly turned around to face my first foe. I could have never guessed what I would have see…

Bandit

The caverns were unnerving: moss and pink slime covering the walls and fungi littering the ground. The smell was putrid and the faint sounds of motion below me was unnerving. I heard the uneven footfalls of the monster behind me. I had obviously wounded it but not killed it. I had luckily kept some of my supplies from the ship, but I knew they wouldn’t last long; I would have to use them sparingly, which was not something I was used to doing. I pulled my only stick of dynamite from my pocket and cut the stick into 5 pieces, knowing very well that if I even got close to a fire, the uncovered nitroglycerin would blow my body to pieces; These are the sort of decisions an outlaw has to make, and in ordr to stop the beast behind me from devouring my flesh, risks would have to be taken. I took my lighter and set the stick off, throwing it back towards the monster as I ran full speed down the ill-proportioned tunnel. I held on to my blue cowboy hat with all of my strength and strapped my rifle to my back as I ran. The explosion was defining, and as soon as the rubble cleared, I ran back for the cave entrance, knowing that the inhabitants of this underground lair would not take the destruction of their home lightly. The cave opened up into a dark forest, thick with the fall of night. The cracked moon loomed in the sky above me as I stared in disbelief into the night. Standing just a few meters in front of me was the figure of a man, blue armor gleaming the the moonlight: shotgun drawn before him.

“Brother”, I said, “By what fortune as well as misfortune that I meet you here tonight, in a forest so desolate, on a world that wants us to believe that we are utterly alone. I can’t decide if we will conquer this world together or kill each other in the process. Walk with me.”
    He lowered his gun and walked with a slight limp over to me. Only then did I see the massive gash on his lower shin.
    He replied, “Brother, how is it that the world has changed so much that the Bandit now commands authority over the Enforcer?”

Huntress

The ship was in wreckage, so ironic that the mighty UES Contact Light, the best space train in existence would end up in such a pile of rubble and debris. The jagged strips of metal, so unceremoniously ripped from the landing gear, seemed to be the most accepting thing in this place. Even so, it pulled me so like a magnet, beckoning… no, drawing me as if I was on a string that Providence had so wrapped around his wrists. I wanted to believe that this was my origin, yet I also knew that, if it was so, I would no longer belonged to the community of my heart: I was irrevocably changed. I still felt the imminent danger, the pounding in my soul that said they were coming for me. The cars were utterly crushed, every single one. Only the doorways stood intact, locked: baring me off from pillaging their contents, then I remembered: The Mercenary, a traitorous fool, the only one with access to the so secretive cargo of the UES, had 4 keycards that allowed him access to the untouchable assets, and those keycards were stored in the most obvious of places. I felt the wash of truth flow over me, leading me to greatness. My body moved without command, walking without feet to the place of hiding. Never shall that traitorous oaf stand in my way of greatness, my family was calling, no matter how foreign they were to me. The Armory of the ship would be by far the most useful; Protection was what was necessary, not weaponry or power, that had been given to me from my father. The door slid open easily, resting in an ajar position, the boxes and crates unceremoniously strewn in the collapsed space: disarray, just as I liked it. I reached for a box, my hand guided my providence, and I pulled out just what I needed: a piece of armor so perfect for me that I am unable to describe of it in words.

Shipping Details:

Order – Repulsion Armor

Shipping Method – High Priority/Fragile

Order Description – After being hit multiple times, deflect all incoming blows for several seconds.

Order Details – If what you were looking for was pain before gain, then this would be perfect poetic justice: the armor only triggers after the wearer has taken many blows. I guess this is the perfect armor for all of you masochists out there.

Engineer

The child stared me in the face as I stumbled backwards in shock, tripping over my own legs. I ran to gather my things: I couldn’t loose my equipment. I’d die before I would give up my machinery. I hadn’t taken full inventory yet, so I didn’t know what supplies I had at my disposal to fight this beast, in fact I really didn’t want to fight at all. I was not the brawn of this group, I was the brains. I ripped open the second bag of supplies, the one I hadn’t examined yet and found an object that must have come from heaven; An old rusty jetpack, probably from before we knew how to exploit photons. The holdings were loose and it felt pretty flimsy, but it would have to do. Luckily, it still had a bit of fuel, enough to get me down this mountain. The small alien was now romping across the meadow, stirring up the small glowing bugs, which were now visible in the twilight light. I quickly tinkered with the jetpack, getting it to start, and I too, began running towards the edge of the high meadow, which was perched on the very top of a tall mesa. A small vibration alerted me to the blinking light of my drone remote, someone must have found one! I didn’t have time to deal with it now, you know, being chased by a veracious child-like extra-terrestrial. I looked down the edge of the cliff face and gathered up all of my courage. I flipped the switch on the jetpack and a small stream of flames erupted from the small pack as I jumped. The child, not knowing to stop, tumbled from the cliff, as I drifted down, held by the hundred year old engineering. The fuel sputtered out about 10 feet off the ground and I took the fall well. The ground was freezing, covered with snow: a tundra. Again, I remembered the drone remote and it’s blinking light. I checked who had picked up the drone and saw a familiar name: The Sniper.

Last edited: May 16, 2014
    • mageblood

mageblood Big Damn Hero

Although I have yet to read through this, already I know it will be interesting. I wanted to make a post so that I can keep updated about this. I will read it later when I have time. Also, I like the art, quite good.

• QuartzComposer

Thank you very much! I may scan some more later just for fun... Hope you enjoy the story!

• mageblood

mageblood Big Damn Hero

Nice, It's interesting and I like it so far. Any idea when more will be added to the story? A possible fanfic? If you want any help at all, I can try to contribute.

One thing I want to say is this: To me, monster logs, and maybe item logs as well (haven't looked at them in a while, nor have I looked at them that closely), all seem to be written in a way that I would see as being written by the Commando in his own words. I think it would be interesting/unique if each character would describe the monsters/items in their own way. Of course, this would be a ton of work, and you have it in your way (log from a late scientist), it's just something I would like to see, to give each character more personality/life. As much as I would love to see this in the game, it would actually take away from the game and fans. Each character can be however the player feels they should be, rather than a static thing set up by the devs. It leaves many possibilities. I really should read more of the fanfics about Risk of Rain.

• QuartzComposer

My basic idea for the progression of the story was to cycle through each of the characters about 3 times. I'm not including HAN-D and Acrid, because I'm planning to have other characters possibly find them in their adventures. Because in the Huntress part I didn't describe location, she's the one going to the last level (also because I want her to fight Providence), and I think i'm going to have the Sniper and the Engineer meet up at some point and go to the temple of the elders... As for when, I know I'm going to post about half of the next cycle by Thursday. If you have any other ideas I would really like to hear them!

As for the monster logs, I was vague, and I know it. I thought of them as being the research notes of a scientist who had come to the planet previously and had been killed by Providence, but his logs were saved digitally or something and are now classified due to their apparent danger. I agree that it would be interesting if the characters wrote them, but i figured they were too busy surviving and such, and I didn't want spoilers that they lived. I put the item log in just for fun because Dio's Best Friend's shipping information is SO random, but the monster logs are in there to help people unfamiliar with the game understand stuff, because I sometimes read this story for my creative writing class.

I really wish more Risk of Rain fanfiction was out there in genera;! I also write fanfics for a card game called Ascension, and I use a similar style to my Risk fan-fics, and as far as I know, I'm the only one who writes for that. Thank's for such a nice comment, and i'm excited to maybe hear more of your opinions. Like I said, writing more this week, will definitely update by Thursday.

• mageblood

mageblood Big Damn Hero

Cool, I will make sure to check back often.

Anyway, I didn't think you were vague with the logs, you just took what was from the game, keeping it as the original, and you described they were lost logs, which most should be able to assume that somebody had been to the planet before to have made them in the first place. I'm sure more could have been done for the logs, but I thought it was fine (then again, I was never good in any English class, essays were my downfall, but grammar/editing/spelling was easy). As for the characters being too busy, it might just be how you are progressing the story. Some take out the little details, like what the character does when they have 'free' time, leaving nothing but the action and few thoughts. It could be the characters find a place to rest and they write down their own thoughts about that day's events/encounters, including the monster/item logs. Personally, I like to put in as much detail as possible, even if it is boring. The only writing I have done (that I think is at least decent) is (personal) creative writing, nothing for a class, college course, or any other thing, just myself. Also, you said you didn't want spoilers that they all live. They could still write the logs and be found dead later, just a thought.

Just because I find Risk of Rain so interesting, I may actually work on my own fanfic. I did have quite a few ideas, but I have yet to work on anything, and when it would be finished? Who knows? I'm quite lazy and prefer to play games, but I will work if necessary. If there is anything else you want to discuss, we can either continue it here or in a conversation (conversation may be better to avoid dropping spoilers for your fanfic or future works). Skype would be another idea since I'm online 24/7 (just not at the computer 24/7), but I don't know how you would feel about that and I don't want to just throw out my info for the world to see. Anyway, I look forward to more from you.

• Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

You could do Acrid, but have it be as a Scientist's log about him and his behavior.
                Or, just for humor, have it be something like "Graagwuh kiflor! Translated into: 'Someone get me out of here!' "
                Same with Han-D. Just be something of a ship's log, talking about how he fell in love with the Med-Bay Unit K253, and things like that.
                Just for some comedic relief between the seriousness of the other heroes.

Maybe, at the end, include something from Providence. That would be interesting.

• QuartzComposer

Cool! I saw that you're on DeviantArt, correct? We could note back and forth on there maybe, I also do have skype, but I don't really use it or keep it open, but it could be an option. I'm working on more of the story currently, (I called part 3 'the second loop') and I'll update the copy here and on DA often! I'm excited to hear the ideas you have for yours also! Don't fear, human creativity usually overwhelms our lazyness!

• QuartzComposer

Ohhh... I love the Providence idea! I was going to have the Mercenary do a 'monster log' on the Acrid, and adding some humor with the non-human characters would be pretty ironic, but a really good idea. I origionally was going to write HAN-D as a character and have it be super sarcastic and ironic, so I still may try to add some of that!

Dargona1018 likes this.
                    • mageblood

mageblood Big Damn Hero

Yes, I have a DA, though I don't really do anything on there, nor do I log into it too much (maybe once a day at most, otherwise once a week or so). Steam would be another possibility, it just doesn't save messages for too long unless you copy/paste them into a text document yourself.

Eh, creativity for me doesn't really overwhelm my laziness. Often I will be laying back in my chair, computer right in front of me, and I get some idea to type and save for later... I don't get up, even knowing I will forget the idea within minutes. I think I'm just too lazy...

• QuartzComposer

Steam works for me! (though I've never really used is as a social networking sight...) But i think that it's a happy medium. The whole: messages disappearing after time isn't that big of a deal, as you said: text editors.

• Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

Sounds good.
                          [dumb-pun]And I think irony for Han-D is irony in itself. Get it? Because he's a robot? Eh? Eh? Okay. [/dumb-pun]

The Mercenary-to-Acrid thing makes sense.
                          Maybe have it be something along the lines of the Mercenary opening the containor, with the chains still attached to Acrid, and he reads a part of a Scientist's Log.
                          Once he gets through "This creature's acidic saliva can break through any metal, so be very cautious", then he hears a sizzling, and Acrid is on top of him.
                          He rolls away, his swords out of reach, and Acrid doesn't approach. He sees something in the cage, grabs it (looks like a sticky bomb), throws it at it, and Acrid starts speaking in English (a translator).
                          From there on, the Mercenary has a pet, so he isn't alone. Then the Huntress finds them (later), tried to kill Acrid, and destroys his translator, showing him in his current "Guwagghra" state.
                          Then the Huntress will part from them to meet someone else (like the Bandit?), and have it be where there are the other Pairs of guys.

My ideas for Pairs:
                          Commando, Sniper (war stories??)
                          Mercenary, Acrid (to show compassion)
                          Engineer, Miner (both working class)
                          Han-D, Sniper (balance of strength)
                          Huntress, Enforcer (bow'n'arrow + Shield/cover)

Also, if we all want a brainstorm session, I got Steam too. We can do a group chat.

• Mushie

Mushie Phantasmal Quasar

Sniper : And so THEY left...
                            Sorry, just feel like pointing this out. eitherways. HUZZAH FANART!

• QuartzComposer

Yah, I caught that too after doing some more research! There are also SO many spelling and grammar errors in the entire piece, anyway, thank you very much!

• Jodyis

Jodyis Space Hobo

The read was splendid, and probably better than mine shot
                                I like your art style; it's different and new than what I'm used to. Keep it up!