Snow Infantry Armor

Discussion in 'Other' started by Salvation, Dec 11, 2013.

?

Do you want the Snow Infantry Armor Adjusted as mentioned in my comment?

1. Yes

64.7%
  2. change the name

5.9%
  3. No

47.1%
  1. Salvation

Salvation Space Hobo

So I got fed up with the latest update and decided to step up and do something about it. I will begin a series of polls to change and bring back a lot of things that made this game good. I do hope that we can add new things and make this game even better.

I have read some forums as well as heard from a friend of mine that the Snow Infantry Armor has been seriously nerfed. The reason that they did this was because they made an error and used gold armor stats. I agree that was to high, but armor stats the same as regular armor is absurd. If they are looking for realistic measurements then make it the armor after copper but before silver. The rarity ratings is balanced out that way, as there is no armor before silver. This armor also made exploration of cold planets and exploring at night no longer tedious. If it is going to stay like that then change the name to not Infantry armor but simply snow clothes. The base Material needs to be changed as well then, the reason being and many are not realizing or least not mentioning is that leather is a tough material I know. I used to work on making Leather armor as a hobby. lets make a comparison before the leather gets embossed and turned into leather armor making it hard, shape-able and durable. you take fabric you can tear it with your hands leather you need utility scissors which are a lot sharper and durable and you will have a rough time doing it unless you have strong hands. Another comparison before you emboss Leather is its taken from animals like a bear. Bears whose hides are thick enough your lucky to kill it in one shot with a gun same with elephants they have special guns for hunting them which are infamous for their power. Embossed leather in the medieval ages was used to stop arrows and protect against axes, swords and spears. The use of Leather armor was used from the bronze age to the early Renaissance age during which copper, brass, iron and steel armors where being made but leather was still used so with rarity and usefulness put aside look at the history of a leather based armor.

This is another suggestion that people have brought up on my post that are agreeing with.

- We change the factor of the Armor to 50% of its original warmth so that it is not absolute easy to stay warm.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
    p13600d likes this.
  2. Azharok

Azharok Astral Cartographer

Actually high end hunters use chain-mail, just saying ^^

3. Insanitor

Insanitor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Did he seriously just call WoW a role model? :eek:

4. Sideways

Sideways Star Wrangler

OMG LEATHER ARMOR? TOTALLY GONNA STOP THE GUNS!!!

Wow had magic leather, wow was fantasy. This is scifi, we try to sometimes science.

That being said I'd love to be able to put some magic space heat leather onto my iron, silver, steel, gold, ect armor and make it warmer. I have the materials, why can't I science it out?

5. Xzalander

Xzalander Astral Cartographer

Voted yes and no.

As you stated it either needs buffing a tiny bit, slot in between Copper and Silver or renaming to Snow Clothes.

Another alternative I would love would be for clothes/armour worn as vanity to contribute 50% of their Warmth rating. I mean its' prefectly possible to wear a coat over some copper armour surely?

6. Salvation

Salvation Space Hobo

Very true indeed

7. Salvation

Salvation Space Hobo

I say that bececause it is the most successful RPG game out there and that cannot be denied

8. InvdrZim13

InvdrZim13 Void-Bound Voyager

That's probably the most logical suggestion.

9. Salvation

Salvation Space Hobo

well since 2 people have already come to like this idea and I also consider it a little to easy to where you only have to have one piece of the armor to stay absolutely warm I am going edit it in noticeably.

10. Salvation

Salvation Space Hobo

they still wear it at some point though

11. Tlarby

Tlarby Guest

Snow Infantry was nerfed again to the armor rating of Iron.

12. Azharok

Azharok Astral Cartographer

Why not include shamans then ? :)

13. Itz Rhino

Itz Rhino Space Penguin Leader

Firstly, WoW's method of implementing leather armor is NOT why it is a successful RPG.

However... I do agree that leather needs a slight buff simply due to the fact that it takes a lot longer to run around and kill a bunch of enemies with a bow to gather leather than it does to run around and gather copper. I think it should be between copper and iron though. I say this because, once you get the iron bow, it is MUCH easier to get kills (although after the second patch last night, that has changed). I think it's stats should depend solely on when it is easiest to gather the mats for the armor. So if it becomes faster/easier to gather leather before Iron, the the stats should be lower than iron.

I'm sure leather will be implemented in other ways in the future since I BELIEVE the leather armor is the only real thing that can be crafted with it. Perhaps some reinforced lather armor, or perhaps different types of leather that can be gathered from rare monsters :)

14. Salvation

Salvation Space Hobo

true

15. Salvation

Salvation Space Hobo

Enough about WOW this isn't about WOW its about this game I am removing it from the descussion completely as its getting us off topic

16. M1K3Y

M1K3Y Void-Bound Voyager

are we realy argueing aboutsomething like this? just make the armor recipe need some form of fur that could mabey be implimented as another kind of hunting spoil and the reson its called snow infantry armor is because its a star wars refrence: DONT TOUCH THE STAR WARS!

17. Salvation

Salvation Space Hobo

lol i have been noticing alot of references to things

M1K3Y likes this.
  18. M1K3Y

M1K3Y Void-Bound Voyager

the apex are a planet of the apes refrence. and there are a lot more

19. TheLostSentinel

TheLostSentinel Big Damn Hero

This. It was the Rebel Alliance's infantry armor during the battle on Hoth in Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. That's why it's called snow infantry armor. Thusly, I say keep it the way it is.

20. NinjaWarrior

NinjaWarrior Space Hobo

While I agree that the snow gear is now completely useless, the armor values should fall more between copper and your tier one racial armor set. The racial armor set should be the best you can get for tier one. At the very least it should have the same values that copper has.