1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

sniper's 4th ability

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by panakon, Jun 14, 2015.

?

what suggetion do you prefer?

1. 1)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3)

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. 4)

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. none

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. panakon

panakon Orbital Explorer

As you may have noticed, sniper's 4th ability is one of the most lame in the game. If you disagree you haven't tryto play with him or you are one of these guys that think this makes the game more challenging. Im not saying sniper is bad, he is really good but that useless ability annoys me so much. It has ridicously long cooldown and sometimes it marks enemies you dont ven know where they are. So i've come up with some suggetions that also utilize this very nice drone that flies around him.

1) The ability stays as it is but it has low cooldown and when you use steady aim (2nd ability) while its active , it automatically targets the marked enemy.
    This will help when you are on different level than your target and you can deal with flying monsters too. This suggetion changes the playstyle very little.

2)Have you ever thought that it would be amazing if the drone that is following him could shoot? With this one the ability changes completetly. The idea is that the drone he has, works like a normal one. the abilitycould be just a passive that give him the drone (which cant die) or the drone can die and you use the ability to resummon it. Another optin is tofollow him without shooting anything and you can enable its guns for a short period (lets say 5 sec) when you use the ability. With this one sniper can deal with groups of enemies that get too close without having to reload all the time. It can also be usefull when you try to shoot something and an enemy aproaches you from behind

3)This one is my favourite. When you activate the ability the drone flies towards the strongest enemy but instead of marking him , it fires on him. It could stay and shoot its target until it s dead (it can be recalled with a second press) or for a limited time whatever makes it balanced. This can also be combined with the bonus crit chance the original ability has. Again , with this change he can reach targets he couldn't shoot normaly.

4)This one is a bit stupid and lazy sollution. when you activate the ability , for a period of time , his other abilities dont need reload and deal bonus damage.

These are my suggetion , i write then so the devs can see them and you can supportthem if you like them. Leave yours suggetions if you have anything to suggest.

• reVelske

reVelske Pangalactic Porcupine

At this point, it's high unlikely that we'll get any more balancing changes, game is pretty damn old now with what is likely a diminishing playerbase.
      That said, the drone is fine, not great, but fine, consistent crit is frankly amazing on Sniper. The targeting algorithm may not sit well with a lot of people (myself included), but it's serviceable.