1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED SmoothUI

Discussion in 'Other' started by Ricowan, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Ricowan

Ricowan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey guys. Here's a very simple UI update that does the following:
    • Replace the default font with a smoother Sans Serif font. The font's freeware license is included in the zip.
    • Darken the chat window's background.
    • Increase the amount of time the chat window stays on-screen before fading, by quite a bit.
    • Add new zoom levels to the option menu: 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, and 1.75. I personally use 1.75, 0.5 is pretty laggy but it works great for screen shots.
    Here's a link to the mod on my Dropbox account: [CLICK HERE]

Here's an in-game screenshot of the font and chat box change. Unfortunately, the chatbox is over a dark area of the planet so you can't really tell. I'll try to get a better shot after work today.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
    Shasow and Conir like this.
  2. Affero

Affero Contributor

I'd like a screenshot! :)

3. Ricowan

There you go. :)

4. Affero

Affero Contributor

That's neat!

5. Shasow

Shasow Space Spelunker

Alternate download link, please! This looks really good, but the download does not work.

6. Ricowan

You just have to keep refreshing/clicking the link until it works. I'll see about putting it on my Dropbox later today.

7. Shasow

Shasow Space Spelunker

I've been clicking for a while, still not working. Getting a problem loading page, file not found.

8. Ricowan

OK, here's my dropbox link. [CLICK HERE] I don't suppose this mod is popular enough to get Dropbox mad at me.

9. Shasow

Shasow Space Spelunker

Thanks! This is wonderful. You should consider uploading this on the Starbound Nexus for more people to see.

My only complaint is that the chatbox's background is really dark, but that is simply fixed by removing chatpane.png.

10. Shasow

Shasow Space Spelunker

Any plans on updating for Angry Koala?

11. Ricowan

I've updated the zip in my Dropbox share. If you'd like to avoid downloading the entire mod, just edit SmoothUI.modinfo and change the version string to "Beta v. Angry Koala".

Shasow likes this.
  12. Ricowan

Updated for Furious Koala.