Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reduku

Reduku Void-Bound Voyager

@Entoarox I'm aware its heavily limited, however even so it worked fine before I started using SMAPI. If it didn't work beforehand I wouldn't have mentioned it. I think its worth bringing up since its a SMAPI issue and its better for it to be a known issue rather that just a headache for someone who is trying to play.

@Pathoschild So an Xbox controller doesn't have the same issue? That's great I'm sure I have one in a closet somewhere. The wrists just get sore after so much keyboard use its nice to use the controller when possible.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Reduku I think an XBox controller should work fine. Try it out and let me know. :)

• ald03

ald03 Space Hobo

after updating to 1.7 i keep got this error..anyone help me pls..

[​IMG]

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@ald03 Make sure the game isn't already running. Try rebooting your computer to close any processes accessing the file.

• Davrial

Davrial Big Damn Hero

Any news on Farmhand? I knew it would take a while to develop, but at this rate it wont be out before CoOp, and then the whole thing will probably need updated to be compatible

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Davrial Farmhand is being developed by ClxS separately. My understanding is they're close to having a first private beta build, but there's no timeline.

• zidanreign

zidanreign Void-Bound Voyager

There's a discord invite on the front page. If you wish to only ask a question about Farmhand I'm sure ClxS wouldn't mind answering there.

• ClxS

ClxS Pangalactic Porcupine

Sorry I took a while, I don't tend to read the forums much any more.
                  I hope the Co-op update will use the existing (but incomplete) co-op stuff already in Stardew. If that's the case then both SMAPI and Farmhand will mostly work as they already do.

As for Farmhand - it's as Pathos said :), I'm hoping to have a preview build I'll post in the discord soon enough to get feedback on. Sorry I can't really give a firm deadline, I'm working on it in my spare time after work and alternating weekends - so it's kinda hard to predict when some stuff can be done. I'm going to start using proper milestones on the GitHub now though, so it's at least a bit easier to track priorities. https://github.com/ClxS/Stardew-Farmhand/issues?q=is:eek:pen+is:issue+milestone:"0.1+Private+Alpha"

• FlyingNoodle

FlyingNoodle Yeah, You!

I know nothing so I might just be overlooking something super simple but I downloaded (mac), extracted the zip but there is no mono install.exe. I have install.exe as a seperate file and mono as a different folder. I tried to run install.exe but it said it was a window file and I couldn't use it. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I downloaded smapi from the link in the op. Is that only for windows or??

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• FlyingNoodle

FlyingNoodle Yeah, You!

Aha, there we go. Thanks!

• adiktdtololi

adiktdtololi Yeah, You!

Hello People of the Forum.
                        quick question... im noticing that when i give Gifts to increase the Friendship/heart of NPC's that u can have a relationship with.. its not adding any heart icon even do i keep giving them "Best Gift". Example ive given Penny 2 Diamonds but the heart bar is showing no hearts, its the same with Abigail and Emily.

im thinking it might be an outdated mod that is the cause of this.. So before i do any trouble shooting.. im just gonna list off some questions..

First the following mods i have are
                        SMAPI 1.6
                        GiftTasteHelper
                        LookUpAnything
                        LovedLabels
                        NPCMapLocations
                        StardewCJB
                        TrainerMOD

thats the content of my "*\Stardew Valley\Mod" Folder.
                        My questions are IF i start removing mods to see which one is affecting it will it dmg my save? or is there any known problems with this perticular mods.
                        also Will updating, outdated mods dmg my save?

Update.. I notice that the Rar File dat SMAPI came from is named "SMAPI-0.40.1.1-3" but on the game it said 1.6..soo is this correct or is it a RAR naming issue?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

None of those mods will affect your save file, feel free to remove or update any of them.

Are you sure there's a problem, though? Try using Lookup Anything to check the friendship points before & after giving a gift. It takes 250 points to increase the friendship level by one heart, and the two diamonds for Penny is only 160 points.

With regards to the SMAPI download, it should be a file like "SMAPI 1.6.zip"; SMAPI isn't released as a RAR file.

• Lil Crim

Lil Crim Big Damn Hero

Heeeelp! theres no install.exe D: is there requirements like a certain application or so

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Lil Crim

Lil Crim Big Damn Hero

Yes i downladed the latest version

upload_2017-2-3_18-29-47.png

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Lil Crim Can you post a screenshot of the "SMAPI1.7" folder that contains that one?

• Lil Crim

Lil Crim Big Damn Hero

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Yep. Double-click that "install" file.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 1.8 beta is now available (see attached). This version completely rewrites the mod loader so it's simpler, eliminates the .cache subfolders, and fixes many cases where mod loading would fail. For more information, see the 1.8 release notes. This version will be released soon if no issues are reported with the beta version.

Since this is a major change, please try it and let me know if anything breaks. Feedback, suggestions, and bug reports are welcome here. :)

[Edit: download removed; see the latest version instead.]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
                                    Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.