Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

Ok, so I just need to work around the second call, so it counts only the end of day.
    Also, thanks for the link, I seriously needed wiki/guide for SMAPI.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Use the correct EventArgs extending type and you can see what the Game1.newDay boolean was set to when the event was fired, it will be made `true` first when starting the newDay code, then `false` once newDay is done.

• Bubblebeam

Bubblebeam Phantasmal Quasar

Please excuse my stupidity, but is this updated for 1.1? Just got back into playing (last time I played was May) so I'm back to being confused with my mods.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Yes, SMAPI is updated, although not all the official releases of mods are, but for most of those there are unofficial updates :)

• Bubblebeam

Thanks very much Entoarox. :)

• diminee

diminee Space Spelunker

hi, i had an older version of the api which worked a few months ago but not today, so i updated it to the latest one and now the game crashes whenever i try to load a saved game, or start a new one. i've extracted everything to where it's meant to be so i've no idea what's causing the crashes.
              edit; uploaded the error log.

Attached Files:

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

• diminee

diminee Space Spelunker

ive already updated my post with the errorlog.

• foghorn

Start the game up without SMAPI, and attempt to load your save.

• diminee

diminee Space Spelunker

yeah, still able to do that just fine. i've been playing for 3 days on-off now and only attempted to update/launch through smapi today.

• foghorn

@diminee Have you updated the other mods that you're using (Daily Notifications hasn't been updated yet, though)?

• diminee

diminee Space Spelunker

ok, i've just gone and re-downloaded everything - i think the mod Love Labels was what caused the crash, as replacing it fixed it.
                        thank you for your help!!

• Bubblebeam

How do I go about safely uninstalling the old version before installing the new one? Is there a guide anywhere on this?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

remove the old exe, put in the new exe, there, update done.
                            All you need to take care of is checking if any of your mods are outdated and need updating as well.

• Kessy

Kessy Void-Bound Voyager

Hy....have a problem with the new SMAPI....i cant start they...
                              It crashes instantly and i can read in the window what appears something from Framework not found...
                              but im on Win 10....and there is the FrameWork included...i cant install it manually because it says its already there...

Have tried it as a admin and normally...what can i do?
                              Cant post the Error here because the Window closes and there isnt a log file anywhere

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Install .net 4.0 and 4.5, do not say they are included, just go and install them.

• evilpirateduck

evilpirateduck Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello! I'm trying to install the latest version of SMAPI, but every time I attempt to run the program, my CMD gives me a System.MissingMethodException

I've checked the version on the properties of my StardewValley.exe and it seems to say that the version (under details) is 1.0.6124.25603, which I know is not 1.11, but I cannot seem to get Steam to update beyond that point. I have reinstalled and restarted steam, and I'm at a loss. I would imagine that the game is up to date, but given the error, I'm not sure. My Roaming folder has no mods, either. Please advise?

• foghorn

^That is the latest Steam version. Have you updated .NET Framework?

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

You may need to right-click and run SMAPI as an administrator. It can be problematic on some systems especially PCs running Windows 10.

Entoarox likes this.
                                      • evilpirateduck

evilpirateduck Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah, goodness, that about fixed it!

Turned out, my OS was way out of date (oops) and I had to update that multiple times before I could download a new .NET framework, which seems to have let everything fall into place.

I'm not running windows 10, for what it's worth - I'm sticking to 7, haha. Thank you both!

Androxilogin likes this.
                                        Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.