Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

1. 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just to be clear, you said that SHE had the FreeDusty mod installed. Does that mean you didn't have that mod installed?

In multiplayer, all players need to have exactly the same mods, or else issues will often arise

• arcanites

arcanites Void-Bound Voyager

originally i did have the mod installed! it was only when the crashes kept happening that i started taking mods out, but it seems that she didn't take her own mods out accordingly :/

13akoors likes this.
      • ahhhhh1

ahhhhh1 Space Spelunker

Having a problem where the game crashes when I try to sleep. This has only just begun happening, everything was working fine until this point.
        Here is the SMAPI crash log https://log.smapi.io/pswaiWcs
        Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Also, it keeps telling me to update JsonAssets, but I cannot find a download for 1.3.7, they all turn out to be 1.3.36

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Pangalactic Porcupine

Your error is related to character dialogue. The only CP mod you have which edits dialogue is More Fish, so try temporarily removing that mod to see if the problem goes away. If so, report the error to the author with your log link and any other details about the save. If removing that mod does not fix the error, you should reset your content files.

The JSON Assets update notification is a false positive because the modder did not update their manifest version when they updated the mod. I would just ignore it, but if it really bothers you, you can change the manifest.json for that mod to have the correct version number.

• CherryOtaku

CherryOtaku Yeah, You!

Okay, so. I keep having my game crash whenever I try to boot up a save or create a new save. It's become unplayable, and I've sort-of deduced what the issue is, and it stems from Advanced Location Loader. Whenever I check my error log, that's the last mod to show an error, and each error from ALL is "requesting an immediate game shutdown". They all claim that a certain ALL Mod's tilesheet being loaded in is seasonal; they're all using "spring_outdoorsTileSheet", and "winter" is missing. I checked some of the mods, they're missing everything except spring, excluding the "z_extras" seasonal tilesheets.

Here is my log, scroll to the very bottom of the raw log: https://log.smapi.io/NRP6TM5U?raw=true

What can I do to fix this issue? I don't exactly know if it's ok to use the summer, fall, and winter "_outdoorsTileSheets" from the base game because the locations might not have necessary sprites in the base game tilesheets, as the tilesheets included in the mods could be edited. Idk, this could be a stupid thing to be concerned about, I just want to know what the safest solution is.

• 13akoors

2 things:

1: You have a huge number of mods that claim to have updates. All mods that can update should be updated when reporting errors.
              2: If you know the error is an ALL error, why aren't you reporting it to the ALL mod directly, or ALL directly?

• CherryOtaku

CherryOtaku Yeah, You!

1: I probably should have done that, but I wasn't thinking clearly & I rarely update anything unless it being out of date causes issues. I'll be sure to do that.
                Edit: Some of these that claim to have an update say their last update came before I downloaded it, just mentioning.
                2: Idk man. I've been tired as of late so i can't think properly, I probably should have done that instead of going here. I just thought in my tired state "since smapi is telling me to report errors here, i should probably do that." Sorry for wasting time.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
                • 13akoors

Yeah, some mods lie about updates. Always best to check, though
                  Not a big deal, we're all willing to help out. Just not much we can do about an error that ALL is causing besides say "go tell Ento about it". Again, that's assuming none of the "updates" are secretly causing the issue

Also, noticed that JSON Assets is reporting a duplicate item/object. Be careful of that mod, as JSON Assets tends to crash the game due to duplicates. Doesn't seem to be happening here, but might want to remove the mod causing that

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Pangalactic Porcupine

@CherryOtaku : In addition to updating your mods, you should just disable ALL since you don't appear to have any content packs which need it. Early versions of SVE required it, but that is no longer the case. The crash itself is from ALL getting overzealous about seasonal tilesheets and not understanding the way Content Patcher loads things as necessary.

• CherryOtaku

CherryOtaku Yeah, You!

1. Yeah, i'm looking through the mods that want to update again to see if any of them require ALL, so I can disable the ones that are necessary, though so far none of them say they need ALL(though i recognize that some of them could be one of the causes of the crash, like Summit Reborn).

2. Eh, it's probably a simple thing for me to just fix, both mods have an item called Napa Cabbage that I might be able to just remove for personal play, if not I can just toss one of the two mods to the side for now.

I probably should just disable it for now. I had a bunch of mods in the past that I knew required it but it seems like they don't need it anymore. I just booted my game back up with ALL off, and only one mod seems to be having issues with ALL being off, that mod being Better Woods. The log says it can't function without it, despite its Nexus page saying ALL is not a requirement. I'm probably going to have more mods screaming at me in the SMAPI log once I try to play the game, so i'll have to wait and see.

• Teekun

Teekun Space Hobo

Hey there,
                        I installed SMAPI yesterday and I play it with my friend but when we want to begin Somertime it keeps crashing. We also don't get any crash reports. The only thing that comes is this: http://prntscr.com/o4f2lm
                        When I start SMAPI again we were still at 28th Spring but after we go to sleep and the somer starts it crashed again
                        Please help

• Moragaine

Moragaine Cosmic Narwhal

@Teekun Go to https://log.smapi.io/, follow the instructions on the page and bring the link from the log parse back here. That little picture doesn't tell anyone anything other than your game crashed, a log will tell folks much more - probably what made your game crash.

pepoluan likes this.
                          • miniebunny

miniebunny Space Spelunker

Got this error. (actually, quite a while ago, but finally doing something about it now)

[SMAPI] SMAPI 2.10.1 with Stardew Valley 1.3.36 on Microsoft Windows 10 Home
                            [SMAPI] Mods go here: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods
                            [SMAPI] The game crashed last time you played. That can be due to bugs in the game, but if it happens repeatedly you can ask for help here: https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/108375/.
                            [SMAPI] If you ask for help, make sure to share your SMAPI log: https://log.smapi.io.
                            [SMAPI] Press any key to delete the crash data and continue playing.

Here is my SMAPI LOG: https://log.smapi.io/dgE3ByqX

Halp??

• Moragaine

Moragaine Cosmic Narwhal

@miniebunny For starters, update Smapi and see if that helps.

• Nebroxah

Nebroxah Fat Man

Hello, I've been having some trouble with Stardew Valley Expanded recently. I just got done with my first spring season, and when it tries to load to summer for the first time, it crashes. I'm not a modder myself, but apparently there's a map called Dusty, and it's missing a file for the summer version? I looked through all the mods that I downloaded, but none of them contain the exact file the game seems to be looking for. Here's my error log, I'll be very grateful for any help!

https://log.smapi.io/0kZKfsK1

(Edit: Hey there! Thanks to anybody looking at this, but I got this issue resolved on my own by downloading some new versions of mods that updated recently.)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
                                • miniebunny

miniebunny Space Spelunker

• Claranon

Claranon Void-Bound Voyager

I'm getting a crash on one specific save file when I try to load it. This happens even when I take all my mods out (only using SkipIntro to test). Any help would be appreciated!

Log here: https://log.smapi.io/GfBSs8uY

• pepoluan

pepoluan Orbital Explorer

I suggest trying to verify game files again, just in case there's a game file that somehow got corrupted/replaced.

• pepoluan

pepoluan Orbital Explorer

For SMAPI Modders, a question:

Is it safe to target .Net Framework 4.5.2, or must I target just 4.5 ?

Edit: To add more context, the mod works on my laptop, running Windows 10 + .Net Framework 4.5.2 SDK. However, will it still work on non-Windows devices?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
                                      • Claranon

Claranon Void-Bound Voyager

No dice, still getting the exact same crash. The save file worked fine when I last tried it about a week ago. I've added a couple mods since then but I have no idea what could have affected it, especially since it still doesn't work when all mods are removed.