Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Firstly, you have several mods that need updating, and several duplicate mods. Please update all outdated mods mods, and remove any duplicate mods.
    Secondly, your error is caused by Json Asset mods that contain the same items. Json Assets tends to crash if 2 mods add the same item. You'll need to remove any duplicate items (specifically Forage to Farm and Six Plantable Crops for Winter)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    • alexagirllie

alexagirllie Void-Bound Voyager

Hello!

I am having trouble with the game crashing after some new mods i installed. Obviously its the new mods i installed causing the problem but I'm not sure where/how. They are all connected and need to be installed to run a new expansion mod.
      Link to my crash log https://log.smapi.io/PTTZ8CVL
      link to the mod i installed and includes the list of required mods that go with it https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/3753?tab=description
      Initially it would crash after i start game file, i deleted some non related mods thinking i had too many, then i was able to load game but not all areas would load and when i went to sleep for the night it crashed again.
      I'm not seeing anything in my general log that jumps out as being an issue
      I installed newest version of SMAPI today as well

TIA

• Icemancomeith

Icemancomeith Yeah, You!

Thanks for the help

• LuckyFish

LuckyFish Space Hobo

Hello! I am having a problem when I run Stardew Valley with SMAPI. I can start the game fine, and load a character, but as soon as my character starts to wake up the game stops responding and I can't play. When I go to the error logs, it doesnt show an error message, but the same thing keeps happening every time I try to play.

Attached Files:

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This specific error log doesn't seem to have any errors in it. Try causing the error again and posting the new log.

Also, try updating the 3 mods that have available updates

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
            • pikaa

pikaa Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just a note that it's easier to read the logs if you upload them to https://log.smapi.io/ !!
              But anyways, I can't seem to see anything in your log that could be causing the issue? It's hard to tell when the game doesn't actually crash. Maybe your save is corrupted somehow? Try starting a new game and seeing if the problem persists! And if it does, you can try validating your game files through Steam to make sure everything is up to date. I had an issue like that before, except the game actually crashed, and it's cause I was using outdated XNB mods that messed with my files. Those don't show up in SMAPI.
              I'm no expert - that's just my guess - so if anyone else has any input here please feel free to help!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Unfortunately there isn't really a good way to do it that wouldn't be confusing or cause new issues. I recommend only having one mod per page (and using config options to toggle features like which NPCs are affected), or keeping the versions in sync.

SMAPI has no control over that, so sounds like an issue with your computer settings. I'm not sure what would cause that though.

Does it still happen after you restart your computer? Does it still happen in multiplayer if the other players don't connect? If so, what if you remove the mods listed under "Patched game code" in that log?

• gabitorres98

gabitorres98 Space Hobo

I tried installing new mods last night from NEXUS but the game wouldn't run so i deleted them and reinstalled them as a just in case.... Game still would't run. I uninstalled EVERYTHING (SMAPI, Mono, SDV, etc) and reinstalled everything and the game still won't run. It wouldn't even run just by itself with no mods... I don't know what to do any more. It doesn't give me an error through the SMAPI text box. It just ends with "Starting game...." and stays that way until I force quit.

• Nojamin

Nojamin Big Damn Hero

Recently got a new graphics card after having not played for about 2 months, my game crashes immediately now.
                    First I found some problematic mods and removed them, but now I'm getting this: https://log.smapi.io/mxsHzNET

Any insights as to how I could fix this would be greatly appreciated.

• Jaxon99

Jaxon99 Space Hobo

Hi! SMAPI keeps crashing whenever it tires to load the next day. (Summer 16, Year 1 -> Summer 17, Year 1)
                      Here is the log: https://log.smapi.io/MXQ4YLnw
                      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@Nojamin Try updating Smapi to the latest build: https://smapi.io/.
                        @Jaxon99 Since the only thing you really have installed is the Randomizer, try uninstalling that and see if the game doesn't crash.

• paxchristos

paxchristos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's Stardew Valley Randomizer causing the crash.

Drop a bug report on https://github.com/cTooshi/stardew-valley-randomizer, you aren't the only person having a crash (in the other bug report I saw, it was a level up a skill and it crashed.)

Pax

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Come ask in #support on the Stardew Valley Discord, and we'll help you get it it working again.

• JaseStone

JaseStone Space Spelunker

Hi! I haven't opened Stardew in awhile and now it crashes everytime I open it. I have SMAPI and idk what to do. Should I just reinstall it?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@JaseStone Stardew Valley 1.3.36 was released recently, so you may need to update to the latest SMAPI version (just unzip the download and run the installer, it'll update the old files automatically). If that doesn't fix it, can you upload your SMAPI log (see instructions on that page) and post a link here?

• maeru_maeru

maeru_maeru Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello all,
                                  Not sure if this is the right thread or if this goes in the Modding Guides/General Modding Discussion thread, but I have been making my own Custom Furniture pack conversion of coldazrael's Modern Gothic Interior mod (for my personal use, not intending to override the original mod author here), and while I've got the content.json up and running so it can be parsed by SMAPI, I'm now getting the following error (full log at https://log.smapi.io/0JAGgQTA) where CF stops working entirely:

"ERROR Custom Furniture Mod crashed on entry and might not work correctly. Technical details: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value) at CustomFurniture.CustomFurnitureMod.loadPacks() in D:\Programming\Games\Mods\GitHub\Stardew-Valley-Mods\CustomFurniture\CustomFurnitureMod.cs:line 153 at CustomFurniture.CustomFurnitureMod.Entry(IModHelper helper) in D:\Programming\Games\Mods\GitHub\Stardew-Valley-Mods\CustomFurniture\CustomFurnitureMod.cs:line 37 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.LoadMods(IModMetadata[] mods, JsonHelper jsonHelper, ContentCoordinator contentCore, ModDatabase modDatabase) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 824 "

I'm also noticing that although SMAPI is loading the pack, I'm getting a "repeats [1] times" notice for it, but I'm not detecting anything in the content.json (attached here as a .txt file for reference) that would cause this. I'm very new to all this, and to be honest I'm not even sure if this notice has anything to do with the issue.

Would anyone happen to know how best to address this? Thank you!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 7, 2019
                                  • Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@maeru_maeru The manifest looks okay; and the content file is fine until the last 2 entries, which accidently use the same ID number - that's what the error was in Smapi. If you're making a CF pack and see that error you have 2 items numbered the same. Change the ID number of the last entry to 103 instead of 102 and everything should be fine.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
                                    • maeru_maeru

maeru_maeru Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Aha! That was it -thank you so much!!
                                      (As it turns out, I've got most of the tile index numbers off by a row or two, so back to the drawing board for me before it's actually ready, but now the path ahead seems clear!
                                      Update: fixed the tilesheet numbers and replaced the content textfile in the previous post- it all works now!)

Last edited: May 4, 2019
                                        Moragaine likes this.
                                      • JaseStone

JaseStone Space Spelunker

Thank You!!!! IT WORKED! Just updated SMAPI!

• skittleshot

skittleshot Orbital Explorer

Help/Advice needed: Did some updates to my game with the extended SDV and now my game won't start. It will let me create a character and then the game crashes.

https://log.smapi.io/u3dW9Qkb

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.