Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minapoly

minapoly Big Damn Hero

Hello! I recently downloaded a few dialogue mods, but I ran into some problems, namely the Extended Abigail Mod and Flirty Alex. The mods themselves run fine, but in terms of dialogues, they have issues asking question to my farmer.

For example, Abigail was supposed to ask me a question from the dialogue pack, but when it came to the actual question, it was replaced by '......'. My log error showed me this: https://log.smapi.io/Qs7QUxZ8 (scroll to the bottom)

I've checked the integrity of the files in Steam and tried redownloading the mods but it doesn't seem to work. I'm more concerned that the error is tagged with 'game' - is there something I should be looking into?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@DevynGreen5 That's a bug in Json Assets, so the author will need to look into it. In the meantime you could try removing other mods temporarily to see if it's due to a mod conflict though.

@minapoly The custom question references dialogue lines that don't exist. That caused a game error, and SMAPI replaced the dialogue with "..." to avoid a game crash. I suggest reporting the error with that log link to whichever mod contains the broken dialogue question.

• Sage Persephone

Sage Persephone Space Hobo

Thank you! This turned out to be the issue.

When I looked into, I found a post on the Farmhouse mod's page from someone having the same problem as me:

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2714?tab=posts&BH=0

So the reason it hadn't crashed before was because that just happened to be the day my cellar was completed! Turning it off for that day and turning it back on again worked great. So the mod is fine unless you happen to upgrading your farmhouse to include a cellar. :)

• juancuellar14

juancuellar14 Intergalactic Tourist

plz help me this is the log my game keeps crashing i removed the mods that were not working what else i can do? https://log.smapi.io/hd62kYn1

• DevynGreen5

DevynGreen5 Void-Bound Voyager

Turns Out,It Was My Save File,made another one and it worked like a charm!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• alannalapenna

alannalapenna Aquatic Astronaut

so uh, i require assistance. My game has crashed several times. the smapi window opens and runs the mods etc. just before it notifys me of updates and goes to full screen (i think) the screen seizures violently in a purple color before displaying this:

[SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden draw loop: System.MissingMethodException: Method 'SpriteText.getWidthOfString' not found.

at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Draw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) <0x16a2ef340 + 0x00056> in <filename unknown>:0

[SMAPI] SMAPI requested an immediate game shutdown: the game crashed when drawing, and SMAPI was unable to recover the game.

but like all highlighted in red. Tried to open again and displayed a similar message. not sure where to start, never encountered this kind of issue.

• crochethooker13

crochethooker13 Yeah, You!

I only have CJB item spawner and SMAPI, I haven't played in a while and when I went to play the entire thing crashed and I have no idea why. I uninstalled and reinstalled SMAPI and the mods I had, i'm still having issues

https://log.smapi.io.

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You gave a link to the log.smapi.io website. We need the link to your specific error log, which is the full URL you obtain once you upload the error log.

Please edit the link with your specific error log, and we'll do what we can to help.

• loveThem

loveThem Yeah, You!

i'm not entirely sure where to post this, this is my first time actually using forums. i'm trying to run modded stardew valley, but it keeps crashing. i already have the smapi log thing, but i'm not sure what to do with it
                    https://log.smapi.io/EFkv8ayW

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@loveThem That wasn't the error log, but the crash txt.. However, I suggest updating Smapi and seeing if that fixes anything.

• loveThem

loveThem Yeah, You!

oh gosh, i didn't think it would be that easy. thank you so much!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@alannalapenna Stardew Valley 1.3.36 was released recently, so updating to the latest SMAPI version should fix that (just unzip the download and run the installer, it'll update the old files automatically). You may need to update your mods too; the SMAPI console will show update alerts in purple, and you can check mods.smapi.io to know which mods have updates or alternatives.

• AlyKun

AlyKun Void-Bound Voyager

Hi my game keeps crashing for some reason. I just installed Stardew Valley Expanded and everything that I needed to play it but for some reason after the Opening scene the game crashes. I tried skipping the opening scene and it crashes. Thank you for the help.

Here is my log
                            https://log.smapi.io/LKj7CrdQ

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
                            • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@AlyKun Make sure you upload the SMAPI-crash.txt file instead if it's present.

• AlyKun

AlyKun Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you! I actually was able to figure it out! :)

• comeonchelsea

comeonchelsea Void-Bound Voyager

so i installed smapi, no error logs everything worked fine but it caused a stutter every time the page scrolled. figured whatever, craptop can't handle it, so i uninstalled smapi but now the vanilla game has that same stutter. it didn't lag at all before smapi. does anybody have any advice??

• Gold_Dawn

Gold_Dawn Intergalactic Tourist

Hey, my game will keeps crashing, I'm not sure why. Somebody please help.

Attached Files:

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

You should upload your log to https://log.smapi.io next time. But your problem is you need to update SMAPI. 2.11 1 is for SDV 1.3.36

• Snarkypie

Snarkypie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am getting a CTD a few mins into a new save from various activities - I tried moving my fireplace the first time I played after updating SMAPI and my mods, and this last time I think I was planting the first set of parsnip seeds. I've gone through the log from previous crashes and wound up removing two that were throwing obvious errors to my unskilled eyes, Climates of Ferngill and Animal Husbandry, and I've checked and\or updated anything the log parser recommended.

https://log.smapi.io/ZtHQJ5Ak

While I'm here, is there an edit I can make to my personal manifests for Faster Horse, and MegaMom's Crop Signs, so I will stop getting faulty update notices?

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.