1. Hey Guest! Our new game Wargroove has released! Check out the forums or wiki for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Cosmos Killer

Welcome! I don't know why it didn't work through the normal way, but I'll keep an eye out for others having the same issue.

• esthericious

esthericious Intergalactic Tourist

I had get dressed, bathroom after 2nd house upgrade, chic cute kitchens, pet house - CP, Shepard husky dog, babies take after spouse which have all been removed some time ago & the game works fine. The only remaining custom item I have is Pam crow & Pam mask if I'm not mistaken. I only use CP mods.

Here are my save files:
      my.mixtape.moe/dnwprl
      my.mixtape.moe/ftynjn

Not sure why there is an old save file & a current save file so I posted both just in case.

Update: I reset content files & reinstall SMAPI. It no longer crashes. Thanks a lot! :)

Update: It crashes again while I was spawning seasonal decor & seasonal plants & placing them
      Crash log: https://log.smapi.io/HuUydDAR

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
      • Pathoschild

@esthericious The BJS mods don't seem to be compatible with MacOS; I suggest reporting it on the Nexus pages with a link to that log. The crash itself seems to be caused by a broken item on your toolbar, but I just added a change in tomorrow's SMAPI 2.9.2 release which will prevent broken items from crashing the game.

• Pathoschild

SMAPI 2.9.2 is now available!

Release notes:
          • For players:
            • SMAPI now prevents invalid items from crashing the game on hover.
            • Fixed some multiplayer features broken when connecting via Steam friends.
            • Fixed cryptic error message when the game isn't installed correctly.
            • Fixed error when a mod makes invalid changes to an NPC schedule.
            • Fixed game launch errors logged as SMAPI instead of game.
            • Fixed Windows installer adding unneeded Unix launcher to game folder.
          • For modders:
            • Moved content pack methods into a new content pack API.
            • Fixed invalid NPC data propagated when a mod changes NPC dispositions.
            • Fixed Display.RenderedWorld event broken in SMAPI 2.9.1.
            • Deprecations:
              • The assetData.AsDictionary<TKey, TValue>().Set methods are now deprecated. Mods should access the Data property directly instead.
              • The content pack methods directly on helper are now deprecated. Mods should use helper.ContentPacks instead.
          • For SMAPI developers:
            • Added SMAPI 3.0 readiness to mod API data.
          See the release notes and mod compatibility list for more info.

• goldilox

goldilox Yeah, You!

I just downloaded SMAPI 2.9.2 and it crashes when I visit the traveling caravan with a null reference exception. I am running on Steam/Windows 10. Single player game / Summer Year 3.

[SMAPI] The StardewValley.Menus.ShopMenu menu crashed while drawing itself. SMAPI will force it to exit to avoid crashing the game.
            System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
            at StardewValley.Menus.ShopMenu.draw(SpriteBatch b) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\ShopMenu.cs:line 1204
            at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.DrawImpl(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 1600

Edited to add: I get the same exception when opening sales dialog with Clint to process geodes.

I previously had SMAPI version 2.8.2 running w/o these issues.
            I upgraded SMAPI just to get the latest Tractor Mod (was previously using 4.7, upgraded to 4.7.2). I haven't made any other mod changes.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
            • Pathoschild

@goldilox Fixed in SMAPI 2.9.3, which I'll release later tonight. Thanks for reporting it!

goldilox likes this.
              • Pathoschild

goldilox likes this.
              • esthericious

esthericious Intergalactic Tourist

Thanks a lot. In which BJS mods should I post the crash log?

• Pathoschild

@esthericious You can report it for BJS Capsule Mod or BJS Thunderstorm (no need to report it twice though since it's the same issue).

• Pathoschild

(SMAPI 2.9.3 is fully compatible with the upcoming Stardew Valley 1.3.33.)

• SirAmiel1

SirAmiel1 Yeah, You!

Hello again Pathoschild!
                      It's been a while, but I need your help again.
                      When trying to boot up Stardew Valley, I got this message in SMAPI.
                      "[SMAPI] The game failed unexpectedly: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<StardewValley.Farmer> StardewValley.Game1.getOnlineFarmers()'.
                      at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime)
                      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
                      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
                      at StardewModdingAPI.Program.RunInteractively() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:line 304"
                      Of course, without the quotes
                      Link for the Log: https://log.smapi.io/VE7RdTak
                      File Below is my Error Log
                      According to that log parser, I have no mods, which is false, I have a few.
                      My modlist is as follows:
                      Automate
                      Friends Forever
                      No Fence Decay
                      NPC Map Locations
                      Skip Fishing Minigame
                      I don't know mod versions, and haven't updated or played in a while, so that may be part of the cause.
                      Thank you in advance for your help!

Attached Files:

• Moragaine

Moragaine Pangalactic Porcupine

• hoetorii12345

hoetorii12345 Yeah, You!

anyone know how to fix this? i still want the dark wood! also it only started happening when i downloaded this mod.

Attached Files:

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Since you don't seem to have an error log, have you considered the easy solution of "don't use that mod"?

Alternatively, have you tried contacting the maker of that mod at all?

• beeedrill

beeedrill Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, my game crashes when I exit a festival and this is at the very end of the error log which I assume is the source of the problem:

[00:45:00 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden draw loop: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                            at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.DrawImpl(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 1156
                            at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 888
                            [00:45:00 TRACE SMAPI] Recovering sprite batch from error...
                            [00:45:04 TRACE SMAPI] Disposing...
                            [00:45:04 TRACE SMAPI] Disposing the content coordinator. Content managers will no longer be usable after this point.

Here's a link to the error log: https://log.smapi.io/EThJmF30

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

@beeedrill Removing the cranber.fireflies pack for Custom Critters should fix that. (That should be fixed in the next version of Custom Critters.)

beeedrill likes this.
                              • beeedrill

beeedrill Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you for your quick response :)

• TheMinim

TheMinim Space Spelunker

• Pathoschild

@TheMinim That looks like a bug with Better Crab Pots; I suggest reporting it to the author, with a zip of your save files and a link to that log. In the meantime removing the mod should fix the crash.

• TheMinim

TheMinim Space Spelunker