Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Felixsjinx

Felixsjinx Void-Bound Voyager

The windows installer is saying its for linux/mac?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Felixsjinx Sorry about that! I removed the SMAPI 2.8 release until that's fixed. In the meantime you can install SMAPI 2.8-beta.7 instead.

• DraGatete

DraGatete Intergalactic Tourist

• remybach

remybach Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, I'm getting what @DraGatete is getting too. I'm using SMAPI 2.7 and it broke after Steam updated the game to 1.3.32.

I've tried updating SMAPI to 2.8 beta.7, but that makes me lose a whole lot of the mods that were working before.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@DraGatete @remybach Stardew Valley 1.3.32 was released today. Updating to the latest SMAPI 2.8.1 will fix that error, and you'll need to update most mods too. (They're broken by the game update, not the SMAPI update.)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• DraGatete

DraGatete Intergalactic Tourist

Thanks for answering so fast =)

• rsiesta

rsiesta Space Hobo

I just download the update 2.8.1 I removed all my mods other then the 2 put in by the install. I am on a Mac 10.14.1 and game crashes and exits with SMAPI 2.8.1 installed.

https://log.smapi.io/TU2ZSmQB

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@rsiesta That's fixed in SMAPI 2.8.2, sorry about that!

• rsiesta

rsiesta Space Hobo

That did it thanks!

• doctorb0ng

doctorb0ng Void-Bound Voyager

• Kinacchi

Kinacchi Guest

So I'm getting an error when trying to launch the game, but it was working just fine not 12 hours ago or so. I've tried deleting mods, uninstalling and reinstalling SMAPI, even making sure I have the right .exe set to execute. If I run the game regularly, without SMAPI, it's completely fine. I'm just really confused because I was able to play the game through the SMAPI.exe this morning... but now all of a sudden I can't.

Here's the message it keeps giving me. https://log.smapi.io/BVDTiu0G

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd just like to know what happened and if it can be fixed.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Kinacchi

Kinacchi Guest

Oh! I didn't know that. It's working again. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2018
                      • MisaRyuk

MisaRyuk Void-Bound Voyager

Yesterday I was able to launch SDV but unable to play because I had a ton of mods that were outdated. Today I spent some time updating those mods, but now I can't even get the game to launch. I tried uninstalling SMAPI and reinstalling it but I got another error. I tried deleting the folder I downloaded yesterday and replacing it with a new download from today, but that didn't work either. I'm attaching screen caps showing the errors I'm getting. I was unable to physically copy and paste these because the boxes disappear before I can even read them, let alone click on them. The first image is the error I get when trying to launch Stardew Valley. The second image is the error I'm getting when trying to install SMAPI 2.8.2.

SMAPI Error when playing.PNG

SMAPI Error when installing.PNG

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@MisaRyuk Can you restart your computer, then try installing SMAPI 2.8.2 again? (There's no need to uninstall first.)

• hoetorii12345

hoetorii12345 Aquatic Astronaut

do i need to download smapi 2.8.2 to fix this? i just came back from a week of not playing and just got this pc about 3 weeks ago. all of my mods and xnb files were working perfect before i left, now it keeps saying this. help?

Attached Files:

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Stardew Valley updated to 1.3.32 early this week. Smapi needs to be updated, as well as most non-Content Patcher mods.

• hoetorii12345

This is what happens when i try to install 2.8.2, can you walk it through for me or link a tutorial? im on windows. thank you!

Attached Files:

• hoetorii12345

oh i figured it out! i forgot to extract some things! thank you anyways lol

Thread Status:
                                  Not open for further replies.