Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. backwardsgeorge

backwardsgeorge Space Hobo

I have a bug where when I open my smapi it automatically closes and I need to access my smapi (yes I do own it on steam so I can do vanilla)

Attached Files:

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Perhaps start out by using the latest version of SMAPI. You're on beta 13, and SMAPI is on beta 21

• backwardsgeorge

Thank you! I'll be back if it doesn't work.

• backwardsgeorge

I tried it twice and it still crashes. Before you ask, yes I did download and install the latest version.

Attached Files:

• backwardsgeorge

Never mind It fixed itself

• lolmaj

lolmaj Void-Bound Voyager

While creating this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2543
              I discovered that it doesn't react to eating event. And I could fix it in my mod, but I think, that bool, which I use: Context.IsPlayerFree should be changed to be false when Game1.player.isEating is true.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@lolmaj Try using Context.CanPlayerMove instead, it may be closer to what you want.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

I finally got a chance to look into this (since I'm finalising SMAPI 2.6 for next week's release). This seems to be an issue with the way you're loading the content; see the ticket for details. If you need help getting it working, the best place to ask is #modding on the Stardew Valley Discord. (Feel free to ask here too, but there are more modders on Discord.)

• lolmaj

lolmaj Void-Bound Voyager

I could use Context.CanPlayerMove, but then I probably would have to check if player is using tool or is fishing or many other things.
                    I just wanted to suggest, that maybe player eating matches the definition of not free player (It sound philosophical: A person eating. Free or not? :D ).

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Context.IsPlayerFree is meant to show whether the game is in a player-controlled context (e.g. no cutscene or dialogue), so it's still true when they're performing an action (e.g. using a tool or eating). I think in your case you'd probably need to check Context.IsPlayerFree && !Game1.player.isEating.

• macaro0n

macaro0n Void-Bound Voyager

is there anyway I can fix this? :"(

• Kryhol364

Kryhol364 Space Hobo

Hello, I have a big question: Is there a 32 bit version of SMAPI or 32-64 bit SMAPI version? I tried to download the latest version of SMAPI, but the system shows that I am not a valid installer for a 32 bit system. If you know the version, can you send the link?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@macaro0n Oops, sorry I missed your message. Can you come ask in #modding on the Stardew Valley Discord? It'll be easier to look into it there.

@Kryhol364 SMAPI is 32-bit only (since the game itself is too). That error may be due to a virus corrupting the file, or an antivirus blocking it. Try performing a full antivirus scan, then temporarily disabling your antivirus if that doesn't fix it.

• chronostrike

chronostrike Orbital Explorer

I have run into a persistent error, and I can't find the crash log because the directory suggested by SMAPI doesn't exist.

In-game, I am at Spring 10 Year 1. When I attempt to sleep, SMAPI reports an error.

The text of the error message is:
                              [SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden update loop: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                              at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
                              at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework.SGame.cs:line 271

This repeats some excessive number of times before the SMAPI window hard crashes, and it and the game windows both disappear.

I am currently running:
                              Automate 1.9.1 by Pathoschild
                              Better Quarry 1.2.1 by Nishtra
                              Console Commands 2.5.5 by SMAPI
                              ContentPatcher 1.3.1 by Pathoschild

Ace Farms Expanded Hill-Top 7.9 by Acerbicon
                              Ace Farms Expanded Tilesheets 7.9 by Acerbicon
                              Ace Pet Bedding for Expanded Farms 7.9 by Acerbicon
                              Canon-Friendly Dialogue Expansion for All Friend-able Characters for Content Patcher 1.0.2 by gizzymo

SMAPI highlights 3 possible updates
                              Automate
                              Better Quarry
                              ContentPatcher

SMAPI skipps 5 mods. I will detail them if necessary.

I am playing on version 1.2.6400.27469, so I don't know whether I should get some of the newer updates as they call out the beta.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• chronostrike

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@chronostrike The error doesn't have much info, so we'll need to try a few things. First, does it still happen if you temporarily rename the Mods folder (so SMAPI doesn't load any mods)?

• chronostrike

After renaming the folder "Maudes," there is no difficulty. The game saves and progresses to the next day without issue.

EDIT:
                                  I tried adding the mods back one at a time, and I could not recreate the error.

There were other mods that I had used, but they were in the xnb files, and the first thing I did to try to fix the problem was have Steam overwrite them. Is it possible that the problem arose from the interaction between SMAPI and non-SMAPI mods?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
                                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@chronostrike It's possible; an XNB mod may have changed data in an unexpected way. Glad to hear everything's working now though!

• chronostrike

Thank you for your assistance. It is a bit unsatisfying that I can't pin down the specific cause. I guess I'll just have to stumble into it later and take better notes.

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.