Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erlar

Erlar Space Hobo

Not sure whether this is the right place for problems with the NuGet package, but:

When linking version 2.1.0-beta-20180428 of the NuGet package to a MonoDevelop project under Linux, opening the project is aborted with the (probably) JSON error Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1..

Does anybody else experience this?

• peshdev

peshdev Void-Bound Voyager

Last I played earlier this week everything was working with Stardew Valley 1.3 and SMAPI 2.6-beta.12. Now when I try, I get the following crash message.

Since my Stardew Valley is 1.3.11, I tried updating to the SMAPI 2.6-beter.14, so the same mods that used to load would say they were loaded in the SMAPI console but weren't actually loaded in my game.

Is this expected?

Attached Files:

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

The latest update changed fields. So you have no choice but to use SMAPI 2.6-beta14 if you want to play on the Beta. The mods are slowly being updated again.

• peshdev

peshdev Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks. I guess it's weird to me because the mods that weren't updated for 1.3 aren't loaded at all, but the ones for 1.3 but 1.3.11 do seem to load

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

This sounds like an issue with your project file. Can you attach a zip of your entire solution folder?

• Erlar

Erlar Space Hobo

Thank you very much.

Attached Files:

• StSong

StSong Intergalactic Tourist

The game ends suddenly during the save. Please help ..

Attached Files:

• Wolffrost

Wolffrost Void-Bound Voyager

So I'm having trouble trying to fix the smapi after the latest update. I'm using the 2.6-beta 14 but no matter what I do, I always get this error when it loads up. Anyone think they can help figure this out? I tried doing a fresh install and everything but nothing works.

Attached Files:

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

That problem is associated with memory.
                    https://github.com/Pathoschild/SMAPI/issues/431

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

That's weird. Your project works fine for me in MonoDevelop 7.4 on ZorinOS. Do you have an older version?

The error seems to be happening in the game code. Does it happen every time, or only once? If it's consistent, does it happen if you reset your content files? What if you temporarily remove all mods? (Parsed log for reference.)

See "SEHException: External component has thrown an exception" in the troubleshooting guide for help with that.

• Erlar

Erlar Space Hobo

I'm actually using MonoDevelop 7.5 (build 1255) with Mono 5.10.1.47 and NuGet 4.3.1.4445. I haven't been able to find an older package, so I'm not sure whether this is a regression in MonoDevelop or there's a local problem with my setup.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
                        • Shawshu

Shawshu Space Hobo

Untitled.png
                          Hey all,
                          So I just installed SMAPI to try out mods for the first time, and I got this error message that doesn't make any sense. Has anyone else had this issue or does anyone have a fix for it?

• paxchristos

paxchristos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Verify game integrity in stream, you're wildly out of date. (as it says 1.3.11 it's current, so you're 8 releases behind)

Shawshu likes this.
                            • Shawshu

Shawshu Space Hobo

Gotcha. Thanks much

• Nemo Armstrong

Nemo Armstrong Void-Bound Voyager

I might have a similar issue to StSong. As the host of a Forest Farm game, I've had the game crash almost consistently during the night transition (SMAPI log), before any skill milestones or farm profits are reported to the host. The farmhand could hear the chime and see the reports briefly before being disconnected by the host's crash. To provide as much information as I can:

The farm had a coop and a barn built in that order, with a two-day gap inbetween completion of the coop and beginning of the barn. No animals were added. The earliest save file I could revert to was a day after the barn's completion, so I can't be certain that it's the oft-reported crash on the night of finishing the barn unless it can happen a day afterwards too.

Activities that took place during the first crash involve fishing (Farmhand reached level 9), foraging (Host reached level 5), farming (Host didn't level from 8), selling roughly 20K gold in blueberries to Pierre, gathering Pale Ale/Blueberry Jam and queueing more of both.

There was a single odd case of replicating everything and no crash occurring at night. For the sake of testing, we also tried reverting to this day and immediately going to bed, again without a crash. Every other attempt, including continuing to play for a day after sleeping early, resulted in the above linked crash, however.

Attempting to perform these same activities with no mods installed other than SMAPI resulted in a different crash immediately upon leaving Pierre's shop post-sale. In this case, I had to trim the log due to it extending to dozens of thousands of lines.

A third SMAPI-only multiplayer test in which all sales were avoided resulted in no nightly crash.

Lastly, crashes have consistently failed to occur when attempting to perform as many of these activities (sales included) as possible without a farmhand ever connecting.

• CabooseDOTexe

CabooseDOTexe Space Hobo

The game crashes when we go to bed in the multiplayer

Attached Files:

• Eskimorotica

Eskimorotica Space Hobo

Now I'm getting crashes when in multiplayer and selling a stack of items to pierre or going to sleep, with the same kinds of errors as Caboose has in his error readout:

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 20, 2018
                                    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Nemo Armstrong

Nemo Armstrong Void-Bound Voyager

That's... a very common sense thing that I didn't think to test. My bad on that one, I got blinders on for providing the log. I'll test again without SMAPI as soon as I get back tomorrow.

• Phazonrad

Phazonrad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello guys, wondering if you could give me a hand. Getting this error every time I join a server and perform an action. (Swing a sword, open a chest, etc)
                                        I verified my Stardew Valley beta 1.3.11 files, restarted my computer, and freshly installed Smapi beta 14 to test, I also removed all mods except the ones smapi auto-includes. Both the Host and I had no mods (other than auto included ones)
                                        I have no clue what's going on.

https://log.smapi.io/iWMACyM1

EDIT: Tried running the game vanilla, crashed the second I swung my sword. Sorry Pathos, ignore this, I'll report this to the vanilla team.
                                        Proof vanilla game crashed on swinging sword: https://i.imgur.com/Q3WyFRN.png

EDIT #2: Reported it to the correct source.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
                                        Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.