RELEASED [SMAPI] More Animals 3.0.2

Because a single pet is never enough!

1. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Is planned to be added to MP, but I have not found the time to brainstorm on a way of implementing it, since allowing the farmer to have multiple horses is not a good idea, but I do want to implement a way to allow the player to have different skins for different characters, without pure randomisation.

anothersarah likes this.
    • Cheeziswin

Cheeziswin Void-Bound Voyager

This may be a dumb question, but all I'm getting is dogs - is it possible to have both dogs and cats at the same time or can you only have one kind of pet per save?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You should be able to get both, please post your log so I can check if it is correctly identifying cat skins (The code is setup so if no cats are found dogs still work, and vice-versa)

• misskitty

misskitty Space Hobo

the box wont show up... what do i do?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• computerweekend

computerweekend Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello :) Thank you for creating this mod and for the work you put into sharing and maintaining it! I would really like to use it, but I can't quite get it to work. Box shows up, dialogue and pet picture shows up, but when I choose either option, nothing happens. The dialogue box blinks briefly and just reappears instantly. I don't see any errors in the SMAPI console. I understand that downgrading EntoaroxFramework to 1.7.4 might help, but it runs on a quite-old version of SMAPI, so it seems I'd have to either get rid of or downgrade all of my other SMAPI mods to run on an older version of SMAPI. I would prefer not to do that, since I do run quite a few.

If it matters, i've already put a few (hah, okay, like 20) custom pets in the correct location, and have encountered them in the portrait that comes up with the adoption box. I am currently running SDV 1.2.6400.27469, SMAPI 1.15.4, EF 1.8.0, and the following mods: https://i.imgur.com/PN8rZuW.png (More Pets is not in the picture as I've moved it to an inactive mods folder, hopefully for later)

If you need any more information, let me know, and if I somehow missed the information needed to fix this (or just to be patient and wait for a new version), I apologize!

Thanks in advance,
            Eliot

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
            • natlla

natlla Space Spelunker

Hi, I'm wondering how to I delete the pets from the save file? I have the save file open but have no idea where to start deleting the code and where to end. I deleted the more pets mod, but the save files have been changed so I still have a bunch of vanilla pets. I know I can keep the mod installed and use the kill_pets command, but I'd like to delete them from the save file too.

• boldnbrash

boldnbrash Poptop Tamer

The box never shows up :(

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

That is what kill_pets does ;)
                  Please post your log at http://host.kvdk.net/smapi so I can have a look at it.

• Melithria

Melithria Space Hobo

Can you tell me how I can install this? First I have put everything in the Mod Folder, but it didn't work, than I started to put the different cat_1.xnb and cat_2.xnb etc in the Content/Animal Folder, but still, it does not work>.< Can you explain me really quick what I need to do? And which file goes into what folder?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You install it the same as any SMAPI mod is installed, and like any SMAPI mod you need to install SMAPI to use it.

• hopieluff

hopieluff Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi! Is there a way to prevent the cats/dogs from clipping all over each other when they try to inhabit the same place on the map?

• bzior23

bzior23 Space Hobo

Hi, I am lovin your work, thanks a lot for such a great mod.

I can't figure out how to delete Pets, I know ther the kill_pets command line but it doesn't work for me.

I feel I am missing something regarding command lines. Would you kindly let me know the exact command I need to use? (As in what comes before kill_pets in order to make it work....)

Thanks

Edit: Solved it on my own by browsing this thread, for anyone interested, to use command list you must first input debug in the SMAPI cmd list window, in order to activate the debug mode....

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
                          • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You literally type `kill_pets` into the SMAPI console, nothing before it nothing after.

• bzior23

bzior23 Space Hobo

Thanks for the quick reply, but I was editing my original post. I figured what was preventing me from using kill_pets.

Many thanks anyway, and keep up the good work

• Melithria

Melithria Space Hobo

Yeah I know how to install a SMAPI Mod, everything goes into the Mod Folder, but it does not work. And yes, I have the latest version. I never had any problem with installing the mods, can you please explain me step by step? I installed everything in the Mod Folder, but it doesn't work, maybe I've missed a spot where I need to put it in? Where does everything need to be in? What folder? Or how does it work?

• boldnbrash

boldnbrash Poptop Tamer

I got mine to work. Put everything in the mods folder. But in order for it to work you have to have another mod installed called Entoarox Framework. I installed it and now it works!

DevineSpirit92 likes this.
                                  • Rizzice

Rizzice Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I installed this on SMAPI 2.0 and it was working great, but there is one slight issue.. when the box is empty it just says "Just an empty box." and I can't get out of the menu. Every time I press a button it just says the dialog again and I can't leave the box.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Press the escape button to leave, make sure to move your mouse away from the box.
                                      The logic EF 1.x uses for Action events is somewhat flawed still, and EF 2.0 is not release ready yet.

• suikasu

suikasu Aquatic Astronaut

i don't know what happened lel i was walking towards the box and it just crashed?? xD

Attached Files: