Standardheld Subatomic Cosmonaut

You got me wrong. It's already up to date and I have no problems, too :D

Ladysarajane likes this.
    • Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

Oh, okay! LOL misunderstood. :)

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

If you do not have the mod installed the pets will simply use the default skins, reinstalling the mod will revert the pets to their custom skins.
        So no damage is done to your save and it is safe to use without the mod, you simply will not have any of the custom skins without it, nor will you be able to adopt or remove pets without editing your save file.

• Hypergirll

Hypergirll Big Damn Hero

Sorry for late respondse i had some things to do.

I Redownloaded the 'more pets' mod just to be sure and started a new save game. I have a Pets file in my mos folder and all pets (1-9 cats & dogs) are in it but they are still not showing up. Also still no idea why.
          my Errorlogfile and pic of the pets file:

https://gyazo.com/fd988279142dd06b35bc2e79b035daa5

Attached Files:

• Ardalis

Ardalis Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thats the problem the MorePets folder should look like the picture here and inside the pet folder all the cat and dog files

Attached Files:

Ladysarajane likes this.
            • Destany89

Destany89 Cosmic Narwhal

Umm I updated this mod and when ever I leave to go t town I get black screen, music still plays. I can hear my character moving but can't see a thing.
              Mods I have in place as well as this one in smapi are:
              Cjb cheats menu
              Cjb item spwaner
              Get dressed
              Seasonal house hobit
              Smapi sprinkler mod

I removed this mod from mods folder I still have all the pets just not the skins of what I added but it now works fine. Is the more pets not getting along with another mod I have?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/dos-and-donts-of-reporting-issues-with-smapi-mods.125211/

• Destany89

Destany89 Cosmic Narwhal

• Ladysarajane

There used to be an attachment thing. Am I the only one missing it?

For some reason, the 'Attach a file' on my browser has whited it. It should be the radio button in between post reply and more options. If you click on the middle button, you will get a file chose pop up. Select that file that is needed, then click post reply and it will post that as an attachment.

• Destany89

Destany89 Cosmic Narwhal

I feel like a complete idiot lmao, I was looking where you add links and edit the text instead of next to post reply. Lol thank you though. I facepalmed at myself so hard when I saw how obvious it was.

Ladysarajane likes this.
                    • Destany89

Destany89 Cosmic Narwhal

Attached Files:

• Ladysarajane

LOL...I do that sometimes. It happens to all of us.
                      Entourax's framework is not installed and More pets has been updated. You must install Framework for More pets to work and More pets must be updated. Also did you add pet skins?

• Destany89

Destany89 Cosmic Narwhal

I thought I updated it, and yes added pet skins. How do I add his framework? And thank you for the help :)

• Ladysarajane

Add it like you do any other smapi mod. Sure to delete the MorePets mod first. And after you download and add the framework, then add the updated pet mod, don't add skins until you get it working. You have to keep to the naming system as in the pet folder. If you don't name them like cat_Your number.xnb or dog_your number.xnb For example, I kept my default skins, so I started naming mine cat_10.xnb and dog_10xnb. But you can replace the default skins, just start with cat_1.xnb and dog_1.xnb

Entoarox likes this.
                          • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

This is indeed correct, as long as the files start at 1 and no numbers are missed, More Pets will automatically detect all skins and pick a random skin to offer for adoption, the 9 cat and dogs skins provided with the download are simply so you are not required to download skins separately simply to get the mod working :)

Ladysarajane likes this.
                            • Destany89

Destany89 Cosmic Narwhal

I did keep to naming system. It worked before I added the updated more pets and get dressed mod to smapi and the skins worked fine.

• Destany89

Destany89 Cosmic Narwhal

Can you link me your framework please :)

• Standardheld

Standardheld Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ladysarajane linked already.

1. Download Entoarox' Framework
                                  2. Download MorePets
                                  3. Unzip/Unrar (if neccessary) the downloaded files. There should be folders now like "!EntoaroxFramework" and "morePets"
                                  4. Put both folders into your Stardew Valley Mods folder
                                  5. Start the game and test, if it works. Be happy!

If you want even more skins for your pets:
                                  1. Search pet skins, for example here on Chucklefish or on Nexus
                                  2. Download them
                                  3. Unpack them and copy to your Stardew Valley -> Mods -> morePets -> "pets" folder
                                  4. Go into this folder an rename the just downloaded skins into cat_NUMBER.xnb or dog_NUMBER.xnb (cat for cat skins and dog for dog skins ;) )
                                  5. Start the game, test if it works. Be happy!

Entoarox and Zalkyria like this.
                                  • Destany89

Destany89 Cosmic Narwhal

OK did all that and it's still giving me black screen

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Update more pets, you are using a old version, you need the very latest 1.2.1 version.