RELEASED [SMAPI] More Animals 3.0.2

Because a single pet is never enough!

1. Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

Good luck! I hope you can do it ^^

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The rendering is not really going to be the problem, it is making it LOOK right that is :p

Coolwyngs and Zalkyria like this.
      • eLe

eLe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Probably the best way to do that is with layers/masks? (i have not touched smapi yet so i have no idea if that's possible?)

Zalkyria likes this.
        • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The real problem is that there is no handy "On top of the tiles but behind the player" hook for me to use, so I will have to look into a way of drawing the animal in a way that the player can never intersect with it.

• eLe

eLe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The problem is that the animals are also 32x32. :/
            upload_2016-10-21_15-56-52.png
            The mock-up I made with the cat works, because the cat is so small.
            upload_2016-10-21_15-57-59.png upload_2016-10-21_15-58-20.png
            However, the dog is much larger, and there is the problem of the shadow.

And this is just with the vanilla animals.
            upload_2016-10-21_16-1-16.png
            Here's one a the dogs I'm usin, with the shadow colored green; it overlaps the sides.

Hmmm and if an animal uses the full 32x32 size, that wouldn't work either. Is it possible to shrink the animal sprites?
            upload_2016-10-21_16-5-20.png

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Another problem yes, but I might be able to cut off the bottom of the sprite at least so it looks like it is being obscured by the box they are in...
              This is really going to take some work I feel, but at least I have the time for it, since MorePets is already fully functional, I just want to make it fancier :p

eLe likes this.
              • eLe

eLe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am alll for fancier. (may or may not be slowly replacing graphics to match my Aesthetic [tm]. :D

(a lazy solution: just like a bit of cardboard on the ground, like the animal is gonna break dance or somefin)

• Standardheld

Standardheld Subatomic Cosmonaut

I found a small glitch when I adopted a pet. I didn't have enough money but tried to buy. First of all: it worked! Second I got this glitch on my money counter (see screen). It's not that bad and I think it will work out next time money comes in. I just want to let you know another part to "make it more fancy", haha.

[​IMG]

• fftljoe

fftljoe Space Penguin Leader

I can confirm this happened to me just now, although I just didn't realize I was broke before hitting yes haha

Edit: I also can confirm the money just goes back up minus whatever deficit you had

• xSirenity

xSirenity Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Question. After you already adopted a few pets. Is there any way to unadopt them or delete them from the save file?

• Standardheld

You could use the "kill_pets" command in console ... but it will delete all of your pets.

• xSirenity

xSirenity Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I might try that. I don't mind as long as I can get just 1 pet. Having more than one was glitching them together in a pile

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Correct, the kill_pets command will kill every pet adopted through MorePets, it will not touch the vanilla pet though.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Entoarox updated [SMAPI] More Pets with a new update entry:

Insect squashing for the WIN!

Read the rest of this update entry...

fftljoe and Ladysarajane like this.
                              • Romantiks

Romantiks Void-Bound Voyager

Do the adopted pets directly affect your save? I play on both a PC (modded SDV) and a Macbook (unmodded); will the new pets cause an error when I play without the mod installed?

Also, thanks for making this mod! I've been waiting for someone to do so. :)

• Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

They shouldnt since they wont exist in the unmodded one

• Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

Actually they must be stored on the save somewhere. If I play with the mod disabled, My Pet will show the default one on the farm, BUT the name of the pet will vary between names of my adopted pets on my inventory screen between startups. In earlier version I showed all my pets on my farm, even though I had completely removed the mod. Only way to remove the adopted pets completely is to use the kill_pets command on the API.

• Destany89

Destany89 Cosmic Narwhal

It's possible, hope it works out :)

• Standardheld

It was something with the Entoarox' framework. Since the last update I had no problems

• Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

Have you updated Entoarox's Framework? It is currently 1.3.0. I am running the latest Framework and More Pets and I am having no difficulty.