RELEASED [SMAPI] More Animals 3.0.2

Because a single pet is never enough!

1. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

This is an SMAPI mod and should thus be installed like literally any other SMAPI mod, further it explicitly states that the EntoaroxFramework mod is needed as a dependency, and that this wont work without it.

Next time please do read the instructions given, you will be in a much better situation.

• davidhedrick413

davidhedrick413 Void-Bound Voyager

I don't want to be annoying, but I'm not having success with this. I put my base animal skins in the skins folder, then added more labeled VanillaName_2 and didn't see a single new one show up, just my base skins, the same kind as would be found in my Content>Animals directory. Should I have skins that are formatted VanillaName, Name_1, Name_2? Or just Vanilla, then Vanilla_2? Or do I need to rename my default skins to Vanilla_1 then Vanilla_2 like the #1 & 2 cat and dog are structured?

• luna_panshiel

luna_panshiel Pangalactic Porcupine

i'm currently having a couple weird issues with the pet box, the pet never displays in the box except for a shadow, and when i interact with it no message pops up, until i try to open my main menu, then it gets suddenly closed and the adopt-a-pet dialogue opens up in it's place

the pet displays properly in the adopt menu, just not in the box

Edit: the box acts normally when interacting with a mouse, however acts very strangely when using a gamepad to play the game, i use a gamepad due to wrist injury, and the box interactions are very strange when using one, such as refusing to accept the adopt confirmation, menu popup timings being weird, the menu popping up again later after having already adopted a pet that day. ect.

also my animal skins aren't loading even though i followed the vanilla naming rules, such as BabyWhite Chicken_2.xnb White Chicken_2.xnb ect.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
        • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

the pet never shows up in the box, due to limitations in how SDV works.

• luna_panshiel

and i have just run into an issue where with more animals installed, i get a consistent crash when trying to transition from spring to summer, if i uninstall the mod the season transitions fine, according to the log it is also detecting all my animal skins but isn't displaying anything other than dogs and cats

[08:44:19 DEBUG Entoarox Framework] EF.ME.ActionTriggered(Warp)
            [08:44:24 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden update loop: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
            at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
            at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 239

it just repeats the error over and over until stardew crashes

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
            • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Animal skins will only be applied when you have new animals, once a animal has been detected & adjusted by MoreAnimals, it keeps its skin ID permanently.

• luna_panshiel

um... yes, i know this, i have bought new animals repeatedly and only ever end up with default skins, it never adds new ones

i have over 40 different skins for chickens and they're always default no matter what, telling me what i already know doesn't really help

and people in the SMAPI thread are also reporting crashes on the spring-summer transition with more animals installed

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
                • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

And if you had paid attention you'll have noticed I've been ignoring your crash reports since you're not providing a log!

As to the animal skins: LOG + SS of your skins folder.

• luna_panshiel

yeah i provided a log which you ignored, twice, i uploaded it the exact time i reported the crash. the log also lists what skins i have in my skins folder so screenshotting a folder with 582 skins would have been redundant when you already have a list, you're treating me like an idiot, ignoring the majority of what i even say, then getting huffy when you get called on it

it's really not my problem when you ignore when you're given exactly what you required to debug this problem

but since you insist on me screenshotting my skins folder despite the log actually telling you what my skins are, as part of the debug output from the mod you, yourself made, i'll provide them, they all use the exact same naming scheme as the vanilla files in the stardew content folder

and before you ask, yes i have attempted to reduce the number of skins loaded at one time, i had initially assumed that the game may have freaked out at the number i had set up at one time going by the error, however reducing the number didn't actually have an effect, so either it has a stored index that reducing the skin count can't fix without making an entire new save, or there's something else going on i cannot fix from my end, considering others have been running into this crash with the default skin count i have doubts that it is that

ratlochet.816542 in the smapi thread posted an error log with the exact same errors as i have been having, a crash on the spring-summer transition, and the default number of skins

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Ok, let me rephrase it in a clearer way:
                      1 - you're not putting the log in a useful place: http://log.smapi.io Dealing with a raw log, especially if someone has a lot of mods is slow and difficult, the log parser was developed explicitly as a tool for removing this difficulty.
                      2 - When it came to the crashes, I was talking about the initial issue you reported of the pets not showing up in game, there is only a log provided for the spring/summer issue, and I will not even try and solve that bug because until know it isnt caused by something else upstream and thus isnt a actual bug so much as the result of corrupt game state.

• luna_panshiel

the log i posted has 3 mods, two of them yours(more animals+dependencies) and longevity but i have also tested it with just the entoarox framework and more animals, still crashed on season change from spring to summer, when i'm debugging a suspect mod i try using as few mods as possible, and longevity was only in that particular test as a control, the error happens regardless. in fact it would be a pretty simple task to get a log with longevity removed so i'm going to do exactly that https://log.smapi.io/5VAz3BBW

as for the pets not showing up, no errors were output to the log so all i'm capable of in that instance is providing you with behaviors so you can attempt to figure out the cause. i can adopt dogs and cats fine(as long as i use the mouse, because SDV gamepad implementation behaves strangely) but chickens won't show up as anything besides default, i haven't done cows, sheep or rabbits because i was progressing through the normal(slow) way of playing the game.

this is what smapi had as it's output when i bought several new chickens(that should have gotten new skins but were all default) basically it said nothing https://log.smapi.io/ufzvn6ne

as for the crashing, it stops immediately as soon as more animals is removed from the mod directory, entoarox framework has no issues, it may be an issue with recent SMAPI changes(using 2.2) having a negative effect on your mod than anything your mod itself is doing, that's what it has been looking like to me due to a shortage of debug errors from your own mod

edit: i can actually pack up my skin collection for you to use if you'd like a very large selection of skins to test with, probably good for stress testing just how much the randomizer can handle

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Bug verified, will post a fix as soon as it is ready.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• luna_panshiel

thank you, i know how much of a pain these things can be to squash at times, when i tried the new version the game began spewing errors constantly in the console, but that's PROBABLY because it was an existing save, i'd need to test on a new save when i get the time to see if it's actually fixed

• Kitsunas

Kitsunas Void-Bound Voyager

Alright so, I really like this mod but the thing is - they keep blocking my path and when I go to water their dish, I cant sometimes because they all lay in a pile right NEXT to the bowl (yes they are in the same tile) and when I try to walk through them they scatter and get in my way! So, I tried getting rid of it - I deleted the mod and went back and there was just a whole bunch of Okami's and a cat. I put it back in. I don't know how to get rid of all these pets - I don't mind keeping the cat though. Can someone help me w/out completely destroying my save file?

Edit: I think I found out anyway! I went to the command thing and put help and kill_pets popped up! Sorry poor kitties and puppies :(

nope that dident do anything lol

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
                              • EpiclyPixelated

EpiclyPixelated Space Hobo

Hey so I encountered an error. Basically no box shows up and the mod doesnt work. Then I check the console and I get spammed with how it isnt working.
                                Is this a problem others or having or is it something Im doing wrong? https://log.smapi.io/SS4G4JBU

• muttly

muttly Space Hobo

Is their another part for this mod because it didnt load in mine it said i was missing a part

• HafuPan

HafuPan Void-Bound Voyager

https://log.smapi.io/n3VewLhf

hey, sorry. i know you probably get these messages a lot about "something wrong" & "not working"
                                    and you probably told already how to fix this,
                                    but can you please help me when you have the time?

I do love your mods btw, thank you for creating this.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
                                    • HafuPan

HafuPan Void-Bound Voyager

Nevermind! i got it to work!
                                      this is so exciting!!
                                      thank you again for creating this mod!

• nikkiblueeyes

nikkiblueeyes Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I finally got my first chicken! I was so excited to see which skin it was going to have only to see that while the skin worked, it did not animate. The chicken is always in it's default facing forwards pose. The sprite will move around the coop, but the animation won't play.

I downloaded Alternate Chicken Colors https://rd.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/189 and I changed the names of the .xnb files to the necessary names:

BabyWhite Chicken_1.xnb
                                        BabyWhite Chicken_2.xnb
                                        BabyWhite Chicken_3.xnb
                                        White Chicken_1.xnb
                                        and so on within the "Stardew Vally/Mods/More Animals/skins" folder.

I went and got a second chicken to see if the lack of animation persisted and my second chicken (a brown chicken) animates fine. It ended up with the "default" skin while my first chicken was assigned "BabyWhite Chicken_3.xnb".

I did check to see if it was a problem with the Alternate Chicken Colors file by swapping out the "BabyWhite Chicken_3.xnb" file with a renamed default file straight from the "Stardew Valley/Contents/Animals" folder, but the lack of animation persists.

When I try to buy a third chicken, I get an infinitely repeating error in the log.

Not sure how to get my chicken animating properly or where I went wrong.

Log: https://log.smapi.io/rhVcGeuG

Kuro.6804 likes this.