RELEASED [SMAPI] Lookup Anything

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Aug 22, 2016.

1. raptorbacon

raptorbacon Intergalactic Tourist

Sadly no. Renamed SV.exe backup to the original, ran the mono install.exe in the terminal, which said it was successful. I tried running the game in Steam and it just says preparing to launch and then nothing, the game won't start. If I try using the StardewSMAPI.exe nothing happens either. On the upside no longer getting an error message.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

I'm not sure what you've done so far, so let's return to a working baseline:
      1. Run the install.exe again, but this time choose "uninstall".
      2. Verify your game integrity through Steam. This will reset any game files that changed back to their original version.
      3. (Don't install SMAPI yet. First let's get the base game back to a working state.)
      4. Try running the normal game through Steam. Does it work?

• raptorbacon

Followed instructions and the normal game starts up.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Great. Now install SMAPI using install.exe (you don't need to change any files yourself), then run the game through Steam as usual. Does that work?

• raptorbacon

Unfortunately its back to trying to open on Steam (preparing to launch message) then nothing starts.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hmm, you'll need someone who's more familiar with Linux. I suggest asking for help on the Stardew Valley Discord; there are some Linux mod users might be able to help.

• raptorbacon

I'll give that a shot. Thanks for taking the time to help.

• GaxxD

GaxxD Void-Bound Voyager

Umm... is there any kind of a mod that adds iridium quality to all the crops? Asking, because this one seems to be thinking that's the case (shows price for iridium quality crops). Unless I missed something and was wrong in thinking, that only fruit trees and casks can give iridium quality products?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@GaxxD: you're right; I'll fix that in the upcoming 1.7 release. :)

• GaxxD

GaxxD Void-Bound Voyager

Ah alright. And here I was hoping there was a mod that increased crops quality to iridium :p

• leonov2010

leonov2010 Void-Bound Voyager

Foraging salmonberries didn't give me any exp :( Not sure if it's a bug or intended though. Can anyone confirm this?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@leonov2010 The mod shows your actual exp values, so if you didn't see an increase it's because the game didn't give you any. :)

• RendHeaven

RendHeaven Void-Bound Voyager

Encountered this bug:

[​IMG]

My previous gameplays were fine, this occurred after my wife gave birth to a baby. I also tried reloading my previous day save, and its working perfectly fine.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @RendHeaven. Could you send me the affected save files? They're stored in %appdata%\StardewValley\Saves (just zip up the relevant directory). You can send me an expirebox link in a private message if you don't want to publish them here.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

For reference, @RendHeaven's save somehow had Haley in two places at once. We removed the extra Haley from the save file, and everything works fine now.

• RendHeaven

RendHeaven Void-Bound Voyager

I think my case was really weird.

Again, thanks for the help man. Appreciate it.

Pathoschild likes this.
                                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Version 1.7 is now available on Linux, Mac, and Windows!

Changes in this release:
                                    • You can now lookup a villager from the social page.
                                    • You can now lookup an item from the toolbar.
                                    • Console logs are now less verbose.
                                    • Updated to SMAPI 1.1.
                                    • Fixed some cases where the item 'number owned' field was inacurate.
                                    • Fixed iridium prices being shown for items that can't have iridium quality.
                                    • F2 debug mode is no longer suppressed (removed in latest version of SMAPI).
                                    Feedback, suggestions, and bug reports are welcome here. :)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
                                    • Yeonyi

Yeonyi Tentacle Wrangler

maybe it is because I am new with mods on stardew valley or it´s because my individual mixture of mods, but when I have been updated the lookup anything mod, there was a error message

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

log or it didnt happen.

• Yeonyi

Yeonyi Tentacle Wrangler

nevermind, on the second control, i realized, that my SMAPI was only on the old 1.0 version.... strange I cannot remember, that SMAPI gave me a notice ( like with lookup anything) to update it.