RELEASED [SMAPI] Lookup Anything

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Aug 22, 2016.

1. slushiepower

slushiepower Intergalactic Tourist

Maybe I'm missing something but f1 changes my brightness lol I can't get it to work

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

Sounds like you're function key may be on. Close to your spacebar should be a button that locks it on usually it just says "FN" or something similar. Clicking that should toggle the f keys back and forth.

• Casserole

Casserole Space Hobo

Hi, I recently swapped from customcrops to jsonassets and Lookup Anything no longer works with the seeds at Pierre's, as in it doesn't display their grow time sell price (only shows the seeds sell price) etc but it does when planted. Love the mod though! keep up the great work :D

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Casserole

Casserole Space Hobo

• Ayriee

Ayriee Starship Captain

Hi, I recently installed the Custom Farming Redux mod and it seems that either something within that mod or another mod that requires Custom Farming is causing issues with Lookup Anything. I get this error every time I start up the game and am unable to use Lookup Anything while I'm playing.
          Log: https://log.smapi.io/qvPvGgyk

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Ayriee The log says you're running Custom Farming Redux 2.3.6, which isn't released yet that I know of. Lookup Anything is trying to load a feature added in 2.3.6, and crashing because it's not available. Did you manually change the Custom Farming Redux version, or download it from somewhere?

• Kuukrow

Kuukrow Void-Bound Voyager

I've run into an issue I can't figure out how to fix myself after a lot of googling and reading through the thread to see if I could find someone with the same issue. Not sure if I just missed something or something, but I keep getting this warning: 'Detected Custom Farming 2.3.5, but need 2.3.6 or later. Disabled integration with this mod.'
              Heres the log: https://log.smapi.io/wkDZ5QLG

I've tried reinstalling, but I get the same result. I've even tried removing all mods but those two (and the dependency that custom farming redux has), just in case it was something else interfering.
              Heres that log: https://log.smapi.io/Si6fcgHS

I've also tried letting SMAPI make a new mods folder, just in case. I haven't edited any configs whatsoever, so I'm rather confused and would very much appreciate assistance.

I should also mention that both were downloaded straight from Nexus Mods. I try to make sure I download the latest versions by going into files and making sure its the top one I download.

Apologies for the bother and thanks very much. I also apologize if I missed something in the logs and it has nothing to do with Lookup Anything.

EDIT: After attempting just now to change the Custom Farming Redux version, it has lead to the same issue the last person had I believe (if I'm reading the logs right).
              Log: https://log.smapi.io/hWqq6BPH

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @Kuukrow. You can ignore the "Disabled integration with this mod" error for Custom Farming Redux. Lookup Anything is looking for a feature in Custom Farming Redux, but the author hasn't released it yet. (If I'd known it'd take a while before they released it, I wouldn't have added the feature yet.) I suggest asking the Custom Farming Redux author to release 2.3.6. ;)

• Kuukrow

Kuukrow Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks! Sorry for that then >.> lol Appreciate the quick response! Thank you for all the mod stuffs you do!

• Ayriee

Ayriee Starship Captain

Ahhh ok, I didn't realize. Yea, I changed the manifest because it was saying I needed 2.3.6 even tho I had the latest version, so I thought it was just a mistake in the manifest. Thanks for the help!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Ayriee

Ayriee Starship Captain

• KingMonkman

KingMonkman Void-Bound Voyager

I recently downloaded LookupAnything on my Mac. I have used the mod successfully on my PC previously, but wanted to install it on my Mac. I wanted to change the keybinding so that it wasn't tied to F1, but I don't seem to have the config.json file. I tried deleting the zip and redownloading, but it doesn't appear. I looked on nexusmods to preview some of the older versions, and none of them seem to have it either.

Is there a different way to modify the keybindings now? Is it in a different file perhaps? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@KingMonkman Run the game once with the mod installed to generate the config.json file. The file usually isn't part of the download to avoid replacing players' existing configuration. :)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• KingMonkman

@Pathoschild I just tried that and I still don't see config.json. I have extracted the zip file and placed that newly created folder in my Mods folder where my other mods exist. Those mods I can see and manipulate within the game, but not Lookup Anything. I tried using F1 while hovering over an item but I still didn't get the info in game. Any other ideas?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• KingMonkman

Looks like I need to update SMAPI - i'll check that out and see how it goes, thank you!!

• rabbitafy

rabbitafy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello there,

I have some suggestions for things that might be helpful to add to this mod:

For Fish, telling when you're able to find them (season, time, weather, etc.)
                              For monsters, saying what floors they can be found on.
                              Also, adding support for changing what key you need to press. (Since my computer makes me press the function key to press F1, it's a little frustrating.)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018