RELEASED [SMAPI] Harvest With Scythe 1.06

Harvest all crops and flowers with Scythe only

1. ThatNorthernMonkey

ThatNorthernMonkey Aquatic Astronaut

So the "hacky" way of calculating XP previously was by keeping a count of all the crops in the area. When something was harvested, I then took a new count of crops, got the difference and calculated XP based on the difference. Of course with things that regrow (like trellis, berries) the count of the crops doesn't actually decrease when harvested. So I basically just changed from the count of the crops, to the count of the crops ready for harvest instead! Should be sorted :)

• drkfirwnds

drkfirwnds Void-Bound Voyager

God bless you ThatNorthernMonkey, It works perfectly now. Really appreciate the effort for the quick fix. Keep up the great work!

ThatNorthernMonkey likes this.
      • stunvn

stunvn Void-Bound Voyager

Is it compatible with SMAPI 0.39.5 ?

• ThatNorthernMonkey

I honestly have no idea, but officially I'm not supporting any SMAPI pre-releases as they're known to contain a number of bugs :) So all my mods will be tested against the next full release!

• Goldenrevolver

Goldenrevolver Astral Cartographer

so the next full release smapi 0.39.6 is here and it appears to be backwards compatible so there should be no update needed. btw as im fairly new to c# could u possibly provide the source code? i intent not to steal it but learn from your train of thought

• ThatNorthernMonkey

Pushed it for you https://github.com/ThatNorthernMonkey/HarvestWithScythe :)

tsunami11 and Goldenrevolver like this.
              • liadis

liadis Intergalactic Tourist

Bug reporting! I had a problem where when I mouseover sunflowers with the scythe, seeds would pop out really fast, with this mod.

• stunvn

stunvn Void-Bound Voyager

I dont get it. It's still version 1.06 but now requires SMAPI 0.39.6 ?

• Goldenrevolver

thats is just a modders way of saying people it works with the latest full release of smapi, not saying that it doesnt work with prior versions. a modder should always recommend the most up to date version of the framework he uses. smapi 0.39.6 is backwards compatible btw thats why he didnt need to change anything and why you should probably use it as its a full release and not a pre release and will be the new standard for modding until the next full release comes out.

• Kateish

Kateish Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This looks great!

But I'm wondering, is there a way to make this just affect flowers only? I'd love to just be able to scythe flowers so I don't accidentally pick them when trying to water them.

• fatherjammy

fatherjammy Space Hobo

Hey! I think I found a bug. Some crops (green beans, potatoes) have a chance to give multiple items from a single harvest, but this mod removes that function. I got maybe 30 less green beans from my field with this mod.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Reading this, I simply had to test it out.
                          I started a new game, planted 100 potatoes, and went to sleep several days in a row until they were mature.
                          I harvested:
                          123 normal potatoes
                          2 silver-star potatoes
                          6 gold-star potatoes
                          For a total of 131 potatoes, so 31 more than I planted. I definitely can harvest multiple from one crop with the scythe

• brunocambraia

brunocambraia Orbital Explorer

My crops dont grow again :(
                            Just me?

• Goldenrevolver

could be 1.07 too. any details? smapi version? but this mod should not affect crop growth in any way. or do you mean crops that grow multiple times after being harvested? and when u harvest them with the scythe they dont regrow? have u tested harvesting without the scythe? details u know

• xFishbone

xFishbone Cosmic Narwhal

green beans have a yield of 1 per harvest.............

• fatherjammy

fatherjammy Space Hobo

My bad. The description of the bean literally says it yields multiple per harvest, it must be a bug with the actual game. I must just have misread how many beans I got.

• madeyemoody

madeyemoody Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks ive added this to my mods list. Will test it out in a bit.

I think Green beans do yield multiple crops on harvest but its only a chance to. So you could harvest 20 peppers and get 3 extra peppers and sometimes you just get your 20 peppers. Same with potatoes. Think its luck based or something?

• brunocambraia

brunocambraia Orbital Explorer

I can harvest with the scythe perfectly (and I love it) but the crops just die and the other day, nothing happens.
                                      Im at office now, but when I get home, I told u my version of the mod, but I think that is the 1.06. I use SMAPI :confirm:

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

You do know you have to replant (almost) all crops, right? So, when you harvest a crop, you need to plant a new seed
                                        ...Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding you

• XxhexerxX

XxhexerxX Phantasmal Quasar

Green Beans: Multiple harvests, 1 unit each harvest (plant once, continues to produce crops every 3 days till end of season).
                                          Potatoes: Multiple units per harvest (plant once, harvest once then have to replant).

Also, crops die when the seasons change (unless modded).