RELEASED [SMAPI] Faster Paths 1.3.3

Walk faster while on a path!

1. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

If you dont want fast default speed, dont setup fast default speed, build paths for long travel ;)

• Tymon

Tymon Cosmic Narwhal

Doesn't work in the mines, or skull caverns.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You shouldnt be depending on fast movement speed in those places anyhow...

• Dreadroberts

Dreadroberts Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love this mod, and I think having the ability to have varying speeds based on terrain is a great immersive element. I change up the numbers a bit in your config file and make gravel a bit slower (relative, by upping other numbers by 1, gravel tends to be shifty when running.) than you have the default set, the concept is amazing. Would there be a way to make this work with the existing paths is town? Personally, since using the mod, that speed variance is making me grimace. If not, some sort of toggle option that I only turn on in town might be doable, not sure if any of the running mods by others have a toggle? Might be too much temptation for me that way, would be better it it just worked on the town stone paths.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
          • Dreadroberts

Dreadroberts Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Found something that works for now (sprint and dash mod.) costs a bit of stamina (a minimum I can't turn off) so I'm less likely to abuse it and can use it only in town. I avoid dash entirely.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I am afraid the paths in town arent actually paths, but background tiles that look like them, somehow whitelisting them as paths is sadly, as good as impossible.
              For the speed boost, you can re-path the town area, paths can be put anywhere and they wont be destroyed as long as you have lightning rods available to catch any lightning strikes that might happen.

Dreadroberts likes this.
              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Faster Paths 1.3.4 is now available! (For Stardew Valley 1.3.30+ only.)

Release notes:
                • Updated for Stardew Valley 1.3.
                • Fixed Linux/Mac compatibility.
                • Removed custom update checks; replaced by standard SMAPI update alerts.
                • Refactored internally.
                (It's only on Nexus since I don't have access to update the Chucklefish mod page, but Entoarox is welcome to upload it here too.)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard