RELEASED [SMAPI] Farm Area Expansion (no game files modified) 2.05

Adds a new location to the game that increases your farmable area. Supports buildings and animals!

1. Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Yes. This mod's new dependency makes it possible. If anyone has any ideas for new buildings, feel free to post them here and I'll see what I can do.

Edit: ClxS added one on his own while testing functionality of the future API (FarmHand).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

taintedwheat and Superior_s like this.
    • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

CLxS has managed to do it for FarmHand, so once we switch over to that its guaranteed, but getting it working before then makes it incompatible with quite a few other mods.

Superior_s likes this.
      • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

• Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

Not sure what I've done wrong but when I try to go into the farm expansion area, I just go into the un-seeable part of the map.
        Untitled.gif

• SasuraUchiha

SasuraUchiha Cosmic Narwhal

Oh, what is this stonepath you are using?

• Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

It's the default cobblestone path, I just edited the coloring a bit and gave it a between stone filler. You're free to use it if you like.

Flooring.png

• SasuraUchiha

SasuraUchiha Cosmic Narwhal

Oh cool, this looks really nice, thanks!

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

When I first uploaded 2.05, I forgot to fix warps if Tego's stardew expansion was present. I reuploaded several minutes later with 2.05b which fixes this.

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

I have dog houses I mocked up that hopefully can be used for something

cute stuff. I use reg cobblestone and reg stepping stones together as walking borders around building permeters. Ahh.. now i wonder what the both of those look together with stone filler. Does it look ok in other seasons?

• Cerius

Cerius Void-Bound Voyager

I tried using your mod but the extra farmland didn't appear. I downloaded the most recent update as of last Thursday or so and looking through the comments it seems it didn''t work because of smapi 4.0. So I deleted it and restored my save from steam but for some reason it's just giving me the same error messages and is still loading my saves from before restoring it. You said something about editing the save files with notepad, could you please post how to do that? Thanks

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

The mod has 2 dependencies. SMAPI 0.40.0 and the Serializer Replacement Utility (see main post or Readme.txt in the download).

With that said, if you want to remove FarmExpansion data from your save file, here is how.

Cerius likes this.
                      • Cerius

Cerius Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks a heap, I did have both those things installed but I guess something else went wrong.

• asteriaex

asteriaex Void-Bound Voyager

I'm currently trying to add in a brand new area, but I'm having trouble with the events, because idk where the stardewvalleyapi.events is located?

• Isabeau25

Isabeau25 Intergalactic Tourist

I just downloaded the latest version of this mod (for SMAPI - I have the latest version of that and of Stardew Valley), and I really love the extra space, but I'm not able to purchase anything from Robin anymore. I can still talk to her, but the purchase menu won't open. This isn't the only mod I'm running, but it the last one I added, and I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

There's a bevel in the menu to let you choose between plots that wasnt there before.

• Isabeau25

Thanks for answering. I'm actually not able to get the purchase menu open at all. When I go to the counter to try to purchase, nothing happens. This isn't a glitch I've run into before, and I have purchased building, so at least I know it used to work. I've tried reloading a couple times, and that didn't seem to make any difference.

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

asteriaex likes this.
                                • Isabeau25

I have the SMAPI Serializer, and I just tried uninstalling both that and the expansion mod. I went back to my back-up games and tried Robin's counter with the mods uninstalled and it worked, and I tried it with just the Serializer installed, and it worked. It didn't stop working until I put the expansion mod in.

• Lerex

Lerex Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I use this mod since version 1.2, and I just updated to the newest version.
                                    The things I build on the new Area are still there. But they disappear when I change to the new Cottage-variant of the map... Is there a way to change the map without picking up anything befor I change it?

UPDATE:

Ok. So now this happend:
                                    - I backuped my save
                                    - I put in an older backup (Only 3 ingame days) [It's from 2nd June, so exactly 1 month]
                                    - I load the game
                                    _ I go to the Mod-Map
                                    - Everything is there (all path, sprinklers, etc.)
                                    - I play some days
                                    - On every day, everything is there
                                    - I close the game
                                    - I restart the game
                                    - I load the save
                                    - I go to the map
                                    - EVERYTHING GONE | Map back to its "Vanilla"

- I load the file I backuped at the beginning of this list
                                    - Also everything on the Mod-Map is gone

Thats not nice, I have a lot of path and Iridium-Sprinklers on the Map.....
                                    Well, I guess I have to load the older backup again, go to the map, and pick everythig up...

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016