1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

SMAPI Crashing

Discussion in 'Support' started by bpdhawke, Jan 9, 2020.

1. bpdhawke

bpdhawke Intergalactic Tourist

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post about this, but I was installing mods earlier today and now SMAPI freaks out every time I try to open Stardew. I didn't have any issues with it at all before this, and I don't know enough about computers to figure out the problem.

The main error code says:
    An error occured in the base update loop: System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'StardewValley.Options.gamepadMode'.
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Input.SInputState.GetGamePadState()
    at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2870
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 801​

and then that repeats over and over while the screen flickers. Clicking any part of the text makes it stop repeating and flickering, but trying to type "help" or use the arrow keys to move the cursor makes it start up again. The game itself stays on the white loading screen with the music and fullscreen buttons, which I can't interact with.

I installed:
    CP - Coii's Hair Sets Pack
    Cat Replacements
    Canon Friendly Dialogue Expansion Version
    Seasonal Villager Outfits

I also updated Seasonal Buildings and Chests Anywhere, along with updating the Content Patcher and SMAPI itself.

My full error log is here, though it's mostly just repeating the same error code. It says that the errors are from the actual game and SMAPI, so maybe I just need to update the game? But I have version 1.4 and that's what the current version of SMAPI says it requires. I'd really appreciate any help.

Edit: Should probably also mention that when the error occurred, I tried uninstalling a couple of the new mods to see if that helped. I uninstalled the hair pack and cat mods before this error report.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    • bpdhawke

bpdhawke Intergalactic Tourist

Another update: Uninstalled SMAPI multiple times, removed all mods multiple times, and uninstalled and reinstalled Stardew (deleting all save files) and the problem is still happening. The base game is running fine, it's SMAPI that's having the issue.

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

Can we get a log please?

• qzish

qzish Space Hobo

If you find out what to do with this, please write here. I have the same problem

• Raqa

Raqa Void-Bound Voyager

I had more or less the same problem just a day ago. What I did was update SV to 1.4.3, and the error message stopped appearing and so far I've played without problems. Maybe that can help you as well?
            Hope you get around to fixing this!