RELEASED [SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader 1.4.7

Helps modders modify the in-game locations!

1. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

ALL is a SMAPI mod, so it should go in one of SMAPI's mods directories :)

Location mods are then placed in the locations directory for ALL :)

• sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

I just want to say that the fact ALL cleans up after itself and goes to sleep when there's nothing to patch makes me smile.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Thank you, I made the explicit choice to make ALL do that :)

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• dzlockhead

dzlockhead Space Hobo

Soo, tego's stardew expansion says put its mods folder and content into the stardew directory, but, I SHOULD put them into the ALL locations folder, right?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

No, you should put them exactly where tego tells you, he is using features not yet available in ALL 1.0 and that is why you still need to put some things into Content.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Entoarox updated [SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader with a new update entry:

New major version, tons of new features!

Read the rest of this update entry...

sheetcakeghost likes this.
              • sheetcakeghost

GG Ento this is really coming along! So mild question, I know that ALL could help me set up a new location for the mod I'm working on, but how well does it handle placing a custom NPC in those locations?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

At the moment ALL does not support NPC's directly, although there is nothing stopping NPC's from being added to these new locations :)
                  If you just want a NPC who never moves from their shop though, you can currently "fake" it by using animated tiles for the "NPC", since ALL 1.1 does support custom shops :)

• sheetcakeghost

The only caveat with faking it is that I want the player to be able to talk to this NPC too. As far as I know there isn't a tile action that opens up dialog. BUT for testing purposes I can do that.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
                    • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

A lot of the features I am currently wanting to add are going to be dependant on FarmHand anyway, so if there is not a initial release of FarmHand in the next week or so, I will get to work with adding support for custom NPC's into ALL for version 1.2, do you want me to send you a invite to the beta tester group if NPC support is added, either for 1.2 SMAPI, or if FarmHand is released sometime soon, 1.3 FarmHand? (Since 1.2 will then be the conversion from SMAPI to FarmHand)
                      (If you just want a beta invite in general, that is also ok, more people beta-testing and commenting on the features while in Beta means less chance of them breaking cause I need to make them do more in the future)

• sheetcakeghost

Sure, send the invite if you think I'll be useful. I'm not at all adept at coding anything that isn't in Python (and even python I'm not great at) so I should be good as a noob tester if nothing else. Just as long as it's understood that I work in bursts. So you'll get a lot of testing one week and then stints where nothing is happening.

I may be grouping up with Advize, Jinxie, and Tainted on their NPC shop mod project and I wouldn't mind us using ALL to get it going. Though I think Advize, being the most experience with code in the group, is the one that'll be determining that. So it could be that I'll just be using ALL to do some custom farm maps.

I really hope FarmHand doesn't get absolutely borked by the new patch coming up too. I'm just waiting for the day steam auto updates and my game is entirely broken due to all the mods I like to use. Being able to marry Shane is gonna end my current farmer's entire world. d:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I will end up adding support to ALL anyway, I am heavily dedicated to at least keeping that updated with stardew itself, even if in the future I stop adding new stuff (Although, I will probably just end up adding "less" new things rather then "no", unless I eventually run into the point where there is nothing content-related ALL cant already do! :rofl:)

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• Anon788

Anon788 Tentacle Wrangler

So I got an error that says cannot load base version, update tile screen. If I use the new version of ALL is says imcompatible location version '' being skipped. What do I do? Not sure if it's ALL or the expansions. I have both Tego and Yama desert expansion.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
                            • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The 1.1 branch is not compatible with 1.0 mods, both of those mods are 1.0, and Yama's has a major bug that can damage your save.

• noswanson1982

noswanson1982 Void-Bound Voyager

Is there a way to edit the save file to undo the damage that has been done??? Or am I SOL. I am going to delete Yama's until it is fixed.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Usually sleeping when the damage occurs fixes it, but I cannot guarantee that is always the case.

• noswanson1982

noswanson1982 Void-Bound Voyager

I know when it happens... 3 things happen:
                                    1) All sales that I put in the box to ship, do not happen.
                                    2) Skips from day 28 to day 30.
                                    3) Instead of waking up in my bed, I am automatically at the front door of my house.

I didn't know if there was an entry embedded in the XML of the save file to delete to make it like it was never added or not. I'll try it with Yama's removed and see what happens.

• dragonregure

dragonregure Void-Bound Voyager

Guys i really dont have any idea how to install this mod..
                                      if i copy to the StardewValley/Mod folder i keep getting this error
                                      Modss.JPG