WIP [SMAPI 0.40+] Gift & Talked To Reminder / Dynamic Weather / Quick Travel + More

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Awesome_Chicken, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Is there actually a reason to have all irrelevant mods in one package rather than something more separate?

• Awesome_Chicken

Awesome_Chicken Poptop Tamer

Because each mod is so small that I don't see any reason into creating separate .dll's and manifest / configuration files for each one.

It's easy enough for the user to disable them at will.

At the moment I don't think it's possible to keep them up constantly. However. I can add in a toggle key to toggle between emotions / hearts

UPDATED:

If you download the .Zip again you'll be able to toggle between Hearts / Emotions / Disabled with

Right Shift + Y

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
        XaviiKinz and Ichimatsu like this.
      • krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

thanks! animal indicator is perfect now. even with the short bubble-appearing-time, its much easier and faster now to see which animals are loved and which are not with the heart-toggle. :)

• Awesome_Chicken

No worries :)

Finally got around to doing Quick Travel Now Implemented, Download latest from OP.

Travel Limit Based On Luck (Open to suggestions)
          Very Lucky, 4 Travel Limit
          Lucky 3 Travel Limit
          No Luck, 0.

Travelling to further locations consumes more stamina (Currently 10% of max stamina to travel to locations further away, 5% of max stamina to travel to nearby places)

[​IMG]

Disabled Travel while inside
          [​IMG]

You aren't very lucky..
          [​IMG]

Traveling from Forest
          [​IMG]

Traveling From Mountain

[​IMG]

No More Travelling please...
          [​IMG]

Will also be making some changes to the stamina replenish location [pond].

WIP Dynamic Weather - Implementing Next Update

Weather can change during the day.

Rain chance depends on season.

Open to suggestions.

Still a lot of features to add to this one. Perhaps when it rains and you're outside you slowly drain stamina.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next few WIP's, I think I'm going to dwell into new areas / content / items.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
            XaviiKinz, Acerbicon and Zelnite like this.
          • Zelnite

Zelnite Big Damn Hero

I like the dynamic weather pretty neat xD also is it possible to add other weathers? like storm, blizzard etc.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
            • katgirl28888

katgirl28888 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Please don't make the rain stamina draining, I don't want any mods from this except the dynamic weather and that would absolutely break that mod for me, but I've been hoping for a dynamic weather mod from the get-go.

• Awesome_Chicken

Dynamic Weather Implemented - WIP

Changes weather throughout the day.

Chance to
                > Rain
                > Wind

Weather can last up to 1 - 6 hours

I'll add Lightning/Rain in once I sort out a few things.

Such as Chance modifiers / HUD Messages, Smooth out the transitions.

> There might be an issue when the rain stops (Lighting issues). So if you do see it please let me know.
                > Forgot to add a few lines of code, but changes will be made next update.

Toggle through settings with Right Shift + P.

> Disable Indicators
                > Disable Dynamic Weather
                > Enable Indicators

I haven't tested this in Season[Winter] so if you find any bugs please let me know.

Download latest from OP.

Disable other mods by configuring Configuration.json and setting the values to false to disable undesired mods.

NPC Greetings - WIP

Being Added

> Different Greetings based on Time / Season / Friendship Status

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Balance changes to come

Stamina Replenish at pond is now dependent on daily luck. If you're really lucky you get to use it twice in a day or else if you're just lucky once. Any other will grant 0. [Changed from unlimited uses]

You need to be less than 60% of your maximum stamina to use it (So make sure to use it wisely). And will only refill 60% of max stamina. [Changed from 75%]

Benches will remain the same, but Stamina replenish is slow enough.

The same mechanic will apply to Quick Travel. You're limited to 2 - 1 respectively. (Dependent on daily luck). Any other will grant 0. [ Changed from 4 - 2 ]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
                  Tofuffalo likes this.
                • krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

the download says its still 0.6

edit: i had a lucky day (pyramid on tv) but it said "i dont feel like quick traveling today". is it random if my characters feels to quick travel besides the number of available quick travels depending on luck?

edit 2: is it possible to make the animal love indicator stay 2 or 3 seconds longer?

• Awesome_Chicken

Hi there,

If you get the message "I'm feeling really lucky today!" when you wake up that's when you can Quick Travel. I'll have to re-look into it and see if the TV fortune teller matches with what I'm currently doing, Thanks for the heads up.

Do you remember what lucky message was on display?

> The spirits are very happy today! They will do their best to shower everyone with good fortune.
                    > The spirits are in good humor today. I think you'll have a little extra luck.

Will only grant quick travel.

As for the emotes I'll see what I can do about it and let you know soon. [edit] - At this moment I don't think it's possible to change the duration of the emote. Sorry.

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

it was this:
                      still couldnt quick travel. i also didnt get the message (I'm feeling really lucky today!) when i woke up. im not sure if this was a first-time-bug (because it happened on the first day i used the quick travel mod the first time). tried to check it again but i ony have unlucky days the last days, so couldnt check if its still not working

• Awesome_Chicken

Okay, Thanks for that.

It looks like a slight error on my part, Doesn't work on first load.

I'll get onto fixing this in the next update.

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

okay. i made a backup and skipped many days. it worked now for both:
                          > The spirits are very happy today! They will do their best to shower everyone with good fortune.

so it looks like it was really a first-time-load-bug

edit: about the weather mod: im currently in winter and i didnt have any weather changes in 5 days. how rare/common is a weather change? and what kind of weather change can you get in winter? even rain and lightening in winter`or just snow and sun? (its my first time use of the weather mod by the way. and it was winter when i started to use weather mod)

• Awesome_Chicken

Hi, Sorry I left in some testing code by accident that If it is winter it won't execute.

I will be adding Rain / Lightning Storms / Snow to Winter, It will be a bit odd to currently add the windy leaves weather.

If you don't mind waiting I'll update it once I add some more weathers to the season and fix the luck on the quick travel mod.

I'll add more and fiddle around with the chances.

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

no worries. take your time. just wanted to help and tell you some bugs :)
                              - i will probably sleep soon, so i can test more tomorrow, or someoneelse will test it before me.

• Awesome_Chicken

Latest Download in OP.

Fixes

Fixed the Quick Travel not initializing the daily limit + message.

Changes WIP
                                Windy Weather for Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter
                                Display leaves for all except Winter (Display Snow)
                                Chance for a heavy gust of wind.

Rain Weather for Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter
                                Chance for lightning

[​IMG]

Fixed Stamina Replenish daily limit.
                                Stamina Replenish is now Chance based, Very Lucky > 2 Replenishes, Lucky > 1 Replenish [At the Pond]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

East Community Centre
                                [​IMG]

South of Park, West of Community Center
                                [​IMG]

South of Saloon
                                [​IMG]

• Zelnite

Zelnite Big Damn Hero

Does it really rain on winter? btw nice updates xD

• Awesome_Chicken

Yes, The weather will switch between rain or wind (snow).

I'm currently working on a bug at the moment for dynamic weather. The bug exist however it won't break the game.

Latest Here: https://goo.gl/Hpxivu

Once that is fixed, I'll make changes to the chance of lightning occurring.

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

i tested your new version. there are some new bugs now.
                                      - first of all: now it says if Im lucky on the first run. but... i cant quick travel. right shift + q doesnt open the travel menue. and if im on unlucky days, there is no message "i dont feel like quick traveling today".
                                      - whats the purpose of "its starts to rain" .. and after some time "the rain intensifies" - what happens if the rain gets more intense? actaully ther eis no real change in the rain animation and no real event to that. also what about the stronger wind? cant see any event/effect realted to that

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
                                      • Awesome_Chicken

Arrg, Sorry, I keep adding in little bits of code that completely stops the code from executing. (For testing purposes)

I've removed it now. You can download the latest one now.

Rain intensifies means the weather changes to Lightning storm. A gust of wind will blow the leaves across the screen (Normally)

I'm going to decrease the chances of this happening as I just realized that lightning can destroy some parts of the farm.

I'm going to look into adjusting the games lighting so when it's raining it's a bit darker and such.

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

ya, there are maaaany weather changes. imnot against that many, but as you said, lightening can destroy many things. and i cant make lightening rods for so many lightenigevents :p
                                          and bout "a gust of wind": in winter there are no leaves. was that actually planned? instead of leaves, in winter you can see glittering snowflake like things