1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Slow Startup after frackin universe - Starbound

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Muhdog, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Muhdog

Muhdog Void-Bound Voyager

So after instaling frackin universe and music (manual instalation) my game takes about 10 minutes to boot up, the loads in game are normal but it takes too long to start the first time.

My computer isn't on the weak side Intel i5 7200U, Geforce 940MX 2gbVRAM, 8gb ram. So i don't think it's a setup problem

2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

FU is a large mod. large mods require large loading times for any game.
    lets say a game is 64 GB and it needs to load all of it. some computer can load it in 2 minutes. Now lets say there is a 64 GB mod for that game, once again needing to load all of it. the same computer has to load twice as much data, so it takes twice as long, or 4 minutes
    with FU pretty much being another Starbound in size, its going to take much longer to load than starbound without FU
    my computer takes awhile to load about 100 very small mods and its about on par with yours, so its most likely an issue with file size

3. Meyers07

Meyers07 Void-Bound Voyager

It isn't 1gb but the fact that it loads 50000 files makes sense with the long boot up time.

4. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

please do not necropost