RELEASED Siv's Marriage Mod [NOW OPEN SOURCE]

Discussion in 'Characters' started by sivolobwho, Mar 13, 2016.

?

What features would you most like to see added to this mod?

1. 8- and 10-heart events

482 vote(s)
    38.7%
  2. Wedding event error fixes

132 vote(s)
    10.6%
  3. Festival fixes (make spouses available for all festivals)

115 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. Post-marriage spouse events

514 vote(s)
    41.2%
  5. Extensive in-law dialogue

147 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. More couple-centered festivals

130 vote(s)
    10.4%
  7. Additional rooms in house, including more spouse rooms

121 vote(s)
    9.7%
  8. Character-specific help/chores from spouse

113 vote(s)
    9.1%
  9. Baby/toddler sprites recolored/edited according to parent

146 vote(s)
    11.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Berret

Berret Subatomic Cosmonaut

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YES <3

• sivolobwho

sivolobwho Phantasmal Quasar

Also, I'm aware the SMAPI mod throws an out of bounds exception for the spouse rooms, but I haven't found which room if affects yet. If someone finds out, please post about it here!

• Berret

Got an error! Not 100% sure if it's from this mod though, but it just freezes on me! Since I'm testing stuff out on a "cheat" profile I'm going to make a new character. AMAZING work so far, I'm loving the events that I have seen so far!

https://gyazo.com/e4faab384ac5601a3a97acb86a2aef28

Clint has a small portrait error where he magically changes clothes in his first event!

Edit: Can't make a new character either! I did a quick fresh install and slowly started adding the mods and it's this one that causes the problem. When I make a new character or when I go to sleep!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
        • sivolobwho

Oh good. I'll add that to my to-do list. Lol.

• Berret

Keep testing it and yup it's this mod that's causing the freezing issues!

• sivolobwho

Can you describe the issue a little more? I wasn't experiencing anything like that.

• sivolobwho

Again, I'm not getting any of these. What other SMAPI mods are you using?

• saolyn

saolyn Void-Bound Voyager

I have removed every other mod to see if it was those, but no, even just by itself it does this. The glitch occurs when you open an old save with house upgrade 1 or higher, or start a new game.

http://imgur.com/a/LOjh0 Is what happens, along with a frozen screen upon the beginning of loading the save/new game.

Interestingly enough, this did not effect a save I'd had prior to upgrading my house. The next day would have marked the finished upgrade of the house- the first upgrade, that allows you a kitchen- and when I would go to sleep on that save, it'd freeze, but that entire day before said sleep worked fine.

• Silencio

Silencio Void-Bound Voyager

Sadly, with this mod, I cannot save the game. Every time my character goes to sleep, screen just freeze and stays this way. No idea what may be causing it, I have no other mods installed, except some portraits.

Edit: Also, I do not have any house upgrade yet, so I don't think that's what affecting it.

• Berret

The trainer mod that comes with SMAPI and this one.

This is basically what happening to me, that and getting the same error that saolyn has!

Oh man, I went to sleep ,sorry. :p

Anyway, basically the game stops responding when I try to make a new character or I go to sleep on my current save, there's really nothing else that happens except that I can't play! I did a clean install of the game, it ran. Then I added SMAPI it also ran just fine but as soon as I added this mod the game stops responding when you take control after the new game intro or when I go to sleep in a save that I already have.

https://gyazo.com/ba64be908bb2da080d0e66508721daa3

• Endrathiel

Endrathiel Big Damn Hero

I get the same error as the others. It freezes when I go to bed with a character. Tried it out with both the 1.2 version from here and Nexus.

Attached Files:

• Frostimyst

Frostimyst Yeah, You!

• sivolobwho

Bah, I'm sorry guys. I'll try and figure out what's going on. :'^(

• sivolobwho

Is there anybody using the update who isn't experiencing this freezing error?

• sivolobwho

Still can't get this freezing error to show up. Doing a 100% fresh install of the game to see if it'll appear...

For now, my advice is to leave out the SMAPI portion of the mod until I figure out what could be causing this, and if anyone experiences any other errors that aren't related to the SivsMarriageMod SMAPI element, please post about it here.

Did you guys fully remove the previous SMAPI mod and folder, SivsSpouseRooms?

• sivolobwho

Whoah, found it, awesome. Okay, I'm going to look into this all soon........ I didn't even have the API installed yet and it crashed. Let me give this a look when I get home from my work meeting (should be in an hour and a half or so).

Salamander Sundaes, saolyn and Berret like this.
                                • sivolobwho

It seems to be some problem with NPC schedule updating? I made some schedule adjustments but I literally can't imagine how that could make the whole game just not work... I'm reinstalling the game again, then I'm going to extract everything and see if there's some weird formatting thing I f'd up. :^(

• sivolobwho

It's......... literally the "schedules" folder in the Characters folder...............................................
                                    okay well time 2 figure out why this is happening, i'll let u guys know what I find.......

Edit: It's literally just Sandy's schedule. I can't figure out why it's causing such an intense error, but I will try and fix it ASAP.

• sivolobwho

EVERYTHING SHOULD BE FINE NOW. I recommend reinstalling Stardew Valley before you update to version 1.2.1. Also, please make sure that if you had a previous version of my mod that you remove the SMAPI mod "SivsSpouseRooms" and replace it with "SivsMarriageMod". Sorry for the error, and please let me know if you guys find anything else.

I'm really still not sure why it didn't like Sandy's schedule file in the first place but......

• sivolobwho

This should be fixed with 1.2.1.