OOC Simply Seeking

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Anciendraak, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Anciendraak

Anciendraak Star Wrangler

Good Lord, I've arrived to the RP forums.

And I'm going to try to keep this brief; I want help. Having a bunch of ideas for a world, yet fear of putting myself as GM has prevented me from ever expanding to far into them. Because I know me; I'd be a HORRIBLE Game Master - I'm manipulative, I hate when people destroy what I've taken time to pain stakingly create for no reason other then "I don't wish to follow this or do as you ask" and I cannot always be on to monitor an RP that I create.

So, I would like to propose not one GM, but multiple to help keep the RP going and not let me get into the role of a dictator as that just kills all forms of fun even for me, and I'd probably not play any big part in the story other then moving people along in this case, and part of me would like to take part in the RP if possible, even if it's just a side-character. I rather not force people to follow my every order if at all possible.

However if you've ever watched someone play an RPG game, you'll quickly find that you'll want to join. So I only want a few people to either be GMs, or for the GMs to have a "lesser" bit of authority if they wish to take part (keeping the peace [dem arguments...!], keeping the plot moving, play as antagonists, even take the part of NPCs yourself) so we can split the work evenly. I personally am willing to play as most NPCs or basic outlining of a setting or area, as I prefer to write and keep things in pace, but I can't always be available.

Also while I have a basic story set up, along with a set of rules, I'd love to have people who enjoy world creation to join me and help create a larger, better RP experience then what I could probably come up with on my own. Were we to carefully construct something to start with, it would be a much stabler build to go off for people, and might even make other potential GMs more attached to help keep it running. If anyone is interested in the world, being a GM, or both, feel free to PM or reply here and I will get into contact with you. With any luck we can make a wonderful RP for all to enjoy. :)

2. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

You might want to post this to the community part of this forum, it is one of the stickied posts. I'll let you know if I'm interested as soon as you say what the setting is for this rp. Don't want to join something I don't like :3

3. Anciendraak

Mmm. As soon as I figure out how to move posts, I'll gladly move it over to that thread. :3

As for the RP itself, I can only honestly tell you what I personally envisioned the RP as, as I have my setting, theme, and form in place, but I don't just want my effort to go into it. I'd like to have more people help build a world, thus part of the reason for another one or two game masters. For MY base structure, I envisioned the following...

A slightly more serious RP, in a SINGLE galaxy and not the entire universe at our disposal. Possibly even smaller - a few solar systems would suffice. Instead of playing solely on exploration, it would play more involving several races seeking to colonize this place. These people are...

Humans
    Apex
    Glitch

Humans because they have no home and have picked these particular systems to settle on because several show many similarities to earth. What better place to settle home then one like it? The main conflicts they will get is trying to survive with the local life, people and other two races that are also in the system, vying for control. As such this probably makes them one of the more difficult races to RP as while being on their side, as you're given the shortest of the short sticks to start with.

The Apex want to expand and create more labs, intent on bringing people to further there experiments on genetics (my basis being the zombie like apes we tend to see in game in the labs.) and create another foothold to let them expand further outward, as there are other solar systems that are much closer, allowing them easier access from the set they are starting from to expand out.

Glitch are slightly different. A single Glitch, like it is in the lore, escaped his people and went to a new planet, living there and started to create new glitch. As more races started getting in and setting up (Apex and Humans) The glitch began to war with them, seeking to rule over them (medieval life-style often had a case of conquest of territory, either to remove a rival king or to expand and continue creating.) so they can expand into the start of a new, controlled kingdom, lead by the Glitch that originally started the colony for itself.

While I've no intent to actually limit races to these choices, I'd like people to be able to chose their place in this; do they want to help the humans, apex, glitch, none? What side to they sit on and how will it effect the situation at large? will one end up ruling or none and somehow find a more peaceful situation?

This is yet another reason I would like multiple game masters. I've no problem playing any role I can - be it villain or hero depending on the persons view to help advance the plot and keep things roiling - but with the general theme, I'd probably be switching gears a lot which can end up screwing things up.

And with that, the theme itself is based on views, and which one will win out. I'd like for the RP to continue until a definite "win" can be seen, kinda like a game of Chess where you win through checkmate instead of blocking all paths. Yet another reason I want more then one GM - I'm a single person, and therefore I cannot absolutely say I will have a non-biased view.

In just about every RP I have been in, the world has changed due to the actions of the group, and this one will be more so. For instance, if a planet full of Glitch was taken over by the Apex, the victory has the choice of evicting them or using them. If a player participated in the war, or lived on that planet, they to are subject to this change. If the humans colonize the planet, they can work with the first group or dominate over them if they mange to. Still another reason I want more GMs.

This is also what I would like to really depict a win, is who in the end has the most ruled, controlled, or has expanded enough to prevent others from taking their place. The other "win" is bringing in a state of peace among the three. So, yet again, I would like more GMs to determine these factors with me.

In closing, this is what I personally envisioned the RP to be, but this is more of a rough draft right now and is subject to change for now. I still want to flesh this out, possible with more people, and determine if certain things are allowed (i.e Custom Races, Magic, growing ores somehow, etc.) to also exist in this world. I also understand that this makes this a rather complex RP given there different choices, each with their own views and outlooks, plus the people who will be joining, who will most likely have their own. Thus why I would still like input and other GMs - to make the story less rough and to possible fix glaring flaws in it to make it simpler for people to pick and choose, or play a role.

4. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

Sounds like a great RP, I might want to join. I don't have the time currently to GM, but once next month rolls around, I will. By moving it, I meant just copy/pasting the post into the other thread.

5. camerox

camerox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have a friend that I play D&D with and he does not like it when I go AWOL and do other things when he is DM.

6. Anciendraak

Mmm... That is unfortunate.

7. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Moved to the RP subforum.

8. Anciendraak

Huh... Sorry, I thought I had placed this in the RP forum. o_O My apologies.