1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Similar Weapons causing crashes

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Kapparoach, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Kapparoach

Kapparoach Aquatic Astronaut

Oh boy! Gotta jump into that bandwagon, right? 8)

Jokes aside, there exists a bug that causes a crash, related to similar weapons. This can happen with any weapon - including Unique Weapons, but we'll use Uncommon Hammers in this example.

When the player interacts with an Uncommon Hammer in their inventory/storage while they're holding an another Uncommon Hammer (secondary ability, element or tier doesn't matter), the game crashes.

This does not happen if the rarity level of the weapons is different.

I've redone this bug to get the log, which is attached to this post.

The player's operating system, PC specs or installed mods do not matter - this can happen to anyone, proven by the couple dozens of past reports of this bug.

If anyone is looking for a way to avoid crashing; Always hold a different weapon type while interacting with a weapon in your inventory or in a container.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  2. Veloxus

Veloxus Space Hobo

Yep, can confirm this on my end as well.

3. noobsqoou

noobsqoou Big Damn Hero

Just experienced this too. Was holding an uncommon sniper rifle while picking up another uncommon sniper rifle from a chest in a Floran Hunting Grounds dungeon. Not sure if the both of them having a fire aspect matters. I don't recall having issues when picking up same-rarity spears with no elemental aspects. Btw, if you really wanna have some fun, try throwing the weapon on the ground. It will kick you from the game with an interesting message. I'll see if I can grab a screenie of it, as well as the logs associated with all this.

EDIT: Alright, I just did a little more testing, using a few different weapon combinations.

So far, it looks like you have to have the following specific conditions:
    -- same rarity
    -- same element
    -- different secondary abilities

I only have like two or three "rare" weapons, so I haven't been able to test if those will cause the problem.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    Rookas likes this.