Silo Idea

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Chukkaque, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Chukkaque

Chukkaque Void-Bound Voyager

Can we have more than 1 silo? Or at the very least upgrade the silo to hold more?
    And maybe adjust grass growth?

I have the biggest coop and barn, with animals maxed and I run out of fodder way too quickly, even when its maxed out. I've bought the grass starter kits, and left them for a few days but they hard grow. It's making it so I pretty much have to buy fodder for the other farm. It'd just be nice to have an even bigger reserve for the automated feeder.

farmerbunbun likes this.
    • Mothership1953

Mothership1953 Void-Bound Voyager

You can have as many silos as you have room for.

• nash579

nash579 Astral Cartographer

you can build fences on the starter sets. Animals need to stand right on the grass in order to eat it. If you build a fence on it they will not be able to consume everything at once.

P.s. did mean Doors not fences.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
        • Chukkaque

Chukkaque Void-Bound Voyager

I went to Robin's but she wouldn't let me build anything at all, and I certainly have the space. I only have a maxed barn and coop with a small farming spot in front of my house

• MsMeiriona

MsMeiriona Phantasmal Quasar

I tend to have one silo per barn/coop, and maybe one extra, having a storage amount of 700+ is so worth it.

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

Silos hold 240 hay. It takes 336 hay to feed a full barn or coop full of animals for a winter. Which means a full barn or coop require 1.6 silos each.

• Pongles

Pongles Lucky Number 13

Did you have the correct materials on you at the time and the money needed?

• bobucles

bobucles Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This. It is a bit silly but you have to pull the items out of your chest, carry them over to the carpenter and have her take them so she can bring them back to the farm to use them.

Oh well.

• Pongles

Pongles Lucky Number 13

That's because she secretly sells your wood and uses inferior wood to build your buildings!