Building/Ship Show off your house :D

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by TheVulcanKId, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Krytikal

Krytikal Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm a bit of a purist but I've been wanting proper keypads implemented in the game proper forever, and I broke my rule already by getting the zoom mod so I might give it a go. Thanks for commentary, the bridge is partially inspired by a location in the erchius mission, I have actually close to zero artistic talent so I just screenshot whatever looks cool and try to smush it all together

2. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

My sea base was deleted during some patch that changed the planets again. So, I found another ocean and remade it from scratch.
    [​IMG]
    Recreating this was a real pain, but I had a screenshot to work with. Touched up a few spots with my mod's stuff, too. Still need to figure out how to decorate the glass under dome.

Next up is my current favorite residence. A humble home on a brain forest.
    [​IMG]

Not pictured to the left are six more brain trees, as well as doors that open/close on a timer. Nothing worth showing. To the right is are few more cherry blossom trees and a tiny pond of Oil. The well is also filled with oil, but was once coconut milk. A liquid bug where it kept going up and down despite nothing draining/being placed made it a little awkward. My favorite part is the meteor, which I did on a whim when I was tired. I was content with the outcome.

3. Sirrobert

Sirrobert Big Damn Hero

How did you get that teleporter in the game?

4. Campaigner

Used admin commands.

5. Sirrobert

Sirrobert Big Damn Hero

And what's it called?

6. Campaigner

Remote Teleporter

7. Gotcha!

Gotcha! Pangalactic Porcupine

A simple base to complement my ship, since I can't grow all my food up there. :)
    [​IMG]

IHiO, Jackie2581, Markelius and 4 others like this.
  8. Celd' The Magi

Celd' The Magi Pangalactic Porcupine

Here is my first attempt at an Underwater base! Not done yet!

Using the admin commands is so nice for the builder.

I designed the airlocks myself. They use motion detectors at multiple junctions. Drains obviously as well.

Attached Files:

mastercookie and Grifs like this.
  9. Krytikal

very streamlined simple and elegant except youre collecting rainwater, push that dirt back a tile at the front door

EDIT actually just noticed the drains, saw the water at the bottom and figured it wasnt on purpose

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
    Khuur and Gotcha! like this.
  10. EarlGrey

EarlGrey Big Damn Hero

These are some realy realy great bases here!

11. Celd' The Magi

What platforms are you using in the first base as ladders?
    I like the look.

Also great designs.

Nasfirith likes this.
  12. Sese

Sese Pangalactic Porcupine

13. robotconcalcetines

robotconcalcetines Void-Bound Voyager

14. Krytikal

Those are lunar platforms, very popular with builders as of late. You can find them in outpost minidungeons underground. If you find one of these minidungeons, then theres prob around 10 more nearby. The ones you're looking for have about 20 lunar platforms a pop.

Celd' The Magi likes this.
  15. Celd' The Magi

Thank you

I just needed the name. Screw furniture collecting in starbound, I did this for the 1st hundred hours a year ago lol.

This worked:

/admin
    /spawnitem lunarbaseplatform 999

16. Nasfirith

Nasfirith Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I built a ocean deep sea base - unfortunately you think enough space, but no it gets fuller and fuller :D (btw of course the entrances are wired and will lock down the base and all lvls if water should get in ;) )

2015-02-25_00001.jpg 2015-02-25_00002.jpg 2015-02-25_00003.jpg 2015-02-25_00004.jpg 2015-02-25_00005.jpg 2015-02-25_00006.jpg

Khuur, TheFloranChef and The Squid like this.
  17. Anna Loveless

Anna Loveless Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]

Hi I'm back! :lickitung: This is my first post in a looong time. I just started playing again and wow is Starbound a completely new game! I'm so into it. This is my house on an Ocean planet, I replaced sand with dirt where I built the house and lake so it'd look nicer. I hope the grass grows in future updates lol...

IHiO, KlarkMorrigan, Pohany and 7 others like this.
  18. ScrubNiggurath

ScrubNiggurath Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Extremely early work in progress, Haven't quite figured out how I want the interior to look but... Have a tree(stump) house.

[​IMG]

This one's particularly difficult for me to make as I'm usually OBSESSED with symmetry and organization so... I figured I'd challenge myself to make a building look as asymmetrical, Dirty, And natural as I possibly could. Think once I'm done with the interior decor I'll like, Make a dead branch poking out or two. Maybe a room carved inside a giant shelf mushroom. :3

Also it's dead because live treehouses are SO mainstream.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  19. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Here, we have a small harbor/banana farm. To the left is the dock, where ships come in. To the right is the escape boat. As the planet is prone to meteor showers, the escape boat goes to the mainland, where a small bunker is located. Screen Shot 2015-03-01 at 8.22.08 AM.png Here is the bunker. Screen Shot 2015-02-28 at 8.41.19 PM.png
    The harbor is still a WIP. I'll post more pictures later.

20. Marik Vash

Marik Vash Void-Bound Voyager

As a general rule, all of my characters live out of their ships. Personally, I find a lot of things easier that way; and it fits with my "main" character's drifter lifestyle.

That being said -- every now and then a spark of creativity will strike and I'll make a little something for one of my characters. I might still use their ship as my base of operations -- but the little abodes I make are their homes. Places to relax when they aren't doing jobs for everyone else in the galaxy.

It isn't much, but I'm rather proud of the house I just finished making for my Hylotl. So, I'll share it here.

[​IMG]