Building/Ship Show off your house :D

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by TheVulcanKId, Dec 5, 2013.

1. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Mannequins? So you're making nuketown?
    Someone get to work on that! That would be awesome.

Slimy likes this.
  2. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx Big Damn Hero

dt_009.jpg
    So I have been experimenting with city design and having hem all lined up ment I had to keep opening and closing doors and walking though people's houses. So I though maybe I should have some sort of "main road". This road gos under the house and a small platform allows one to jump up to the house level when they want to go to that house. Thus allowing for unobstructed walks though town. Not I picked a column design rather than a solid wall so it looks less like a tunnel and more like a walkway.

3. Hydromancerx

dt_010.jpg
    So this has become more and more like playing in a Sandbox, I build stuff up and then destroy it. Everything posted in the past thread have since been torn down. So this time I tried looking at historical Medieval Houses. I am not exactly happy with it but at least its different from the the designs I have done before.

4. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

Btw, Hydromancer, out of the last 6 posts, 5 of them are yours.
    You might want to just Edit in the new pictures instead of double/triple-posting.

5. Hydromancerx

But they were posted far apart. like one in the morning and one at night. Then another the next day. Its not my fault others don't post in between. Am I suppose to just keep adding to my post if no one has responded in days?

6. XtremeNinja45

XtremeNinja45 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Here is my endgame house. I decided to go Non futuristic this time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    Dargona1018 likes this.
  7. Dargona1018

All I remember is that I got 1 alert in the morning, and you had posted twice (I check in the morning and at night), and when I got on at night, I had another alert, with one or two posts, all in one day.

The texture pack seems to be coming along.
    Good so far.

8. XtremeNinja45

Yea i did some more textures since those screenshots.

How does my house look btw?

9. Dargona1018

It looks pretty good. It's much more cozy then an iron tower with turrets in every nook and cranny.

And also, @LiquidAppleJuice That is a good name, for your SB Char to your Forum Username.. :DD

10. Suralin

Suralin Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ok, it's time to post Gatsby's new home. It's a weird hodge-podge of a structure.

Looks like he wants to show everybody around himself...
    2014-04-01_00002.jpg 2014-04-01_00003.jpg 2014-04-01_00004.jpg
    2014-04-01_00005.jpg 2014-04-01_00006.jpg 2014-04-01_00007.jpg
    2014-04-01_00008.jpg 2014-04-01_00009.jpg 2014-04-01_00010.jpg
    2014-04-01_00011.jpg 2014-04-01_00012.jpg 2014-04-01_00013.jpg
    2014-04-01_00014.jpg 2014-04-01_00015.jpg 2014-04-01_00016.jpg

I will say, tho, the base is continually being revised and improved, so this is just a snapshot of how it was a couple days ago. E.g, the incongruous Glitch trap door in the first shot has by now been removed, and there's now another Apex security door on that side.

The planet's pretty nice, too; a few snow sub-biomes here and there, the flying predators aren't too fierce, and there's no dangerous geological or meteorological activity to speak of. Turned out to be a pretty good site for a home base, all things considered.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    Dargona1018 likes this.
  11. Vanthexi

Vanthexi Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]
    I built this off and on over a few days and I still plan to add onto it as I find more materials; was too lazy to scavenge the tiles for a proper roof tbh

12. XtremeNinja45

thats a nice house man

13. Vanthexi

Vanthexi Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks!

14. ThunderBeta

ThunderBeta Big Damn Hero

I live nowhere. I'm a roaming badass. *Passionate banjo solo*

lolwutperiod likes this.
  15. Dargona1018

I would finish my second house, but I can't do it since, recently, I am lagging so much since the CPU is so high that I just can't enjoy playing anymore until they add in options that could lower visual quality to get the lag lower..

16. XtremeNinja45

What CPU do you have?

17. Dargona1018

My computer is over 5 years old, originally a Windows Vista, and we have never updated anything physically on the computer since it doesn't need it.
    But, whenever I open Task Manager and look at processes, Starbound.exe always has over 30 CPU it seems, thus causing a bunch of lag. Usually, in MC and other things, it lags a bit when the CPU is less than 15, but it also uses the internet, so . .. . .
    And it wasn't a great computer at the time since I wasn't a gamer and it was the parents' computer, only used for schoolwork of ours and e-mail, etc.

18. ne3zy

ne3zy Zero Gravity Genie

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    Chexx likes this.
  19. Chexx

Chexx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is my in-progress colony. i have some further plans about it so when i'll finish this settlement i'll add more screenshots
    2014-04-10_00001.jpg

Pohany and Dargona1018 like this.
  20. Dargona1018

What tile did you use to paint? It is a very cool looking block, but I don't know where to find it.