Building/Ship Show off your house :D

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by TheVulcanKId, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Jety Lefr

Jety Lefr Pangalactic Porcupine

You and me both.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Update on my home complex.
    I've finally succeeded in burrowing a subterranean highway through the magma core of my planet (which is pretty damnged big) across the entire planets circumference!! Background & Foreground, 14 blocks high. That took a loooooong time to dig.

All I need to do now, is lay down the highway blocks and sky rails, and then re-dig the express shaft way, and remodel that to look more like an elevator shaft.
    I expect this will also take a long time to do... but it'll be worth it to see it complete!

[P.S. the shaft is express, because you can just jump down without having to worry about fall damage, since I dug it so that there'd be a pool to catch you at the bottom. It's a fun fall.]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  2. XtremeNinja45

XtremeNinja45 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like the balcony

Dargona1018 likes this.
  3. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

Thanks.

And to think it used to be a small heavily-dirted tree-house (literally a small tower of dirt around a tree).

4. XtremeNinja45

really?

good job, the front where the supports are; Are Rather nice as well
    my house has a slight 3D look because i used a triangle at the front of the house

I'm rebuilding it however with some modern flooring and maybe a stone roof. Building isn't my main concern at the moment

And Yes those textures look different; im making a Texture pack atm :DD

[​IMG]

Dargona1018 likes this.
  5. Dargona1018

I would probably be interested in a texture pack. Ring me up when it get's available.

6. XtremeNinja45

Look at my profile and go to topics and you will find it

Its a cartoon based TP with a borderlands Hint on it

The current version looks even more awesome since i have a new colour pallete for vibrant colours, i have also changed some textures to be simple/cartoony but still detailed

I love the Wood texture and Tree log texture
    So ill add a pic sometime of the new version

I could give you the texture pack for a little taster if you want? Be the first to try it out

7. Dargona1018

I guess, as long as their are instruction on how to get it to work.:rofl:

8. XtremeNinja45

Just drag and drop into mods then delete when you don't need it

It doesn't affect anything but textures
    I will PM a link in a bit

Dargona1018 likes this.
  9. Dargona1018

Okay. Thanks. Now that that is done, now to get back on topic.
    Anyone wanna start off with another House? :D

10. XtremeNinja45

Ill add a house later as i need a new house

11. Dargona1018

I think that I am making one right now, but I am fully immersed in Dungeon Defenders at this time. I played 4 hours of it, put it down, picked it up a year later, and I now have 43 hours or so. :rofl:

Oops.. Off-Topic again.

12. Jety Lefr

I'm done with the elevator shaft.
    It took a while to build, but it looks amazing!!
    I'll post images soon.

Now I just need to furnish the molten-core-corridor/the subterranean highway to match.
    That... should take a lot longer... but maybe it won't?

13. Jety Lefr

WELL!!! [< hey, I guess that's almost a pun...]The subterranean highway portion isn't finished yet, but! The elevator shaft itself is as complete as I think it's going to be.
    Finally!

The whole shaft from top to bottom [top of the glitch hidden trap door, to the layer above the magma] is over 1,500 pixels high!!
    I could not be more proud of this feat of engineering and design.

I'm only posting images so that you can get the general idea. I'm NOT going to make an image file of the whole thing. It's way too big for that... But here are all the interesting points in the elevator shaft.

upload_2014-4-2_21-31-25.png
    upload_2014-4-2_21-31-56.png
    upload_2014-4-2_21-32-42.png
    upload_2014-4-2_21-33-8.png
    upload_2014-4-2_21-33-47.png
    upload_2014-4-2_21-34-26.png
    upload_2014-4-2_21-34-54.png
    upload_2014-4-2_21-35-17.png
    upload_2014-4-2_21-35-42.png

14. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Good luck getting back up...

15. Jety Lefr

Actually I have four reliable ways to get back up, and only two of them take advantage of the creative mode mod.

1. Grappling Hook.
    2. Save and quit game, then re-enter game.

1. Creative Mode - Flight Tech
    2. Creative Mode - Climbing the walls swimming through water from the Water Gun.

I don't feel the need to incorporate platforms into the elevator shaft for climbing as of yet.

16. Dargona1018

Most logical thing I have seen in a long time.
    Back in my lonely Terraria days, I always did that to get back home at night.

Yzzey likes this.
  17. Jety Lefr

Oh yeah. I see people occasionally complaining about having to climb through there mines to get back to the surface, so they can teleport back to their ship, and I'm here thinking... "you know... there's an easier way."

Yzzey and Dargona1018 like this.
  18. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx Big Damn Hero

dt_003.jpg

So I have been building a village from the ground up. Instead of using NPCs I add Mannequins, since they cannot be killed by monsters. I started out with nothing and have unlocked more things with each NPC I assign to them. Such as a Weaver for making tents out of Plant Fibers. The way I determine how many NPCs is how many planted crops I have. Here specially corn. Right now I have around 26 corn crops. Which means 4 NPCs plus 5 for me. My other NPCs so far include ...

- Weaver: Makes tents.
    - Stone Tool Maker: Makes Stone Tools.
    - Woodsman: Chops trees.
    - Undecided.

The last NPC I have not decided yet what to assign it as. Could be a Hunter or Carpenter or Miner.

dt_004.jpg

Derpislav and Hawk Novablast like this.
  19. Hydromancerx

dt_005.jpg

So the little village is growing slowly. Got a Carpenter, Hunter and minor now. Up to 49 crops. I tried to make wooden huts but then I still needed to put in crops, so I put them on the roof! So far its a fun little experiment in how to play.

dt_006.jpg

20. Hydromancerx

dt_007.jpg

And so the village gets bigger and bigger. The huts are combine into one big building and another floor is added plus stacked corn crops on the roof. I have so many villagers now I have not even assigned them all job yet.

dt_008.jpg

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    Derpislav likes this.