Building/Ship Show off your house :D

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by TheVulcanKId, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

My first house with my first character.
    [​IMG]

Sadly, it was a day's walk from spawn, so I didn't use it. xD

XtremeNinja45 likes this.
  2. chiwiu

chiwiu Void-Bound Voyager

uploadfromtaptalk1394754134021.jpg
    Spaceship-house
    Because stay in a planet is boring for me :p

Hawk Novablast likes this.
  3. Yvejuzul

Yvejuzul Subatomic Cosmonaut

So, I was bored with the one location I decided to use for housing, thus I decided to look for a cove planet, for the serene music and waves it has, and decided to start anew. So far, loving how it's turning out, at the cost of deconstructing my former house to build this baby. Again : Variety is the spice of the Universe.

[​IMG]

n1t3n and Hawk Novablast like this.
  4. leper

leper Master Chief

A collborated work in progress. Unnamed so far, but I think the idea is that we all create our little houses (or whatever's in mind atm) and help each other out with the designs.

[​IMG]

Sorry for the crappy cutnpaste :p

more works from my friend (who started with the lighthouse+small cottage).

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=236264259

Orchidna, Jety Lefr and Dargona1018 like this.
  5. Ray87

Ray87 Void-Bound Voyager

It's called ornate roof and ornate tile they are for hylotl I think and will be findable only when their settlements are implemented - however you can get them from coding a merchant, any blosck making mod (eg - block replicator mod is onle up to date one I think) or the spawnable objects mod I think makes them obtainable but they are a vanilla item just not yet placed in world

6. Dargona1018

7. Jdrury400

Jdrury400 Void-Bound Voyager

So I haven't really built a house before because I have just used my ship, but what would you say is the best sector to build a house ( I am going to start a new character so preferably not the X sector ). also if you have any good coordinates that would be appreciated.

8. Dargona1018

I always set it up on a low-lvl planet (sometimes the start one, but usually not) so you can take on the creatures easily or so it's peaceful building, or having no worries about around you since nearly nothing can kill you.
    Usually, I put something small at Spawn, so I beam down into something safe, and maybe a checkpoint somewhere along the way to the house, if it's farther away.

That is how I do it, at least. Others put it up in farther sectors, but they like things differently than I do, I guess.

9. Jdrury400

O

10. Jdrury400

*Ok Thanks

Dargona1018 likes this.
  11. leper

leper Master Chief

yes, he is indeed very good with the details.

12. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx Big Damn Hero

Over the pat week me and a friend have been playing a more survivalist RPing type of game where you start out with nothing and cannot visit other planets. Also resources can be used to make specific objects and blocks such as clay for bricks, plant fibers for thatch or animal hides or plant fibers for tents. I will not bore you with our whole list but here are the screenshots we took.

[​IMG]

We started out in a cave and then added tents.

[​IMG]

Then we tried huts but the flying monsters kept killing our NPCs.

[​IMG]

So we skipped the NPCs and made one big house with a bridge.

[​IMG]

And added a Windmill for our wheat.

[​IMG]

And even added a temple. It to forever to get enough platinum,gold and silver for that.

Also its seems to rain ALL the time on this planet, which is annoying since even with roofs if you look away water will leak in and wash way torches, fireplaces an campfires.

13. EarlGrey

EarlGrey Big Damn Hero

Nice concept. Concerning the leaking, my manor further up is also on a planet with much rain. And rainstorms. And thunderstorms. Anyway. I notice the leaking seams to happen, if you have no background blocks behind the foreground blocks that border sole background blocks. What I mean is, if you have the background wall of your house directly topped by a roof that does not have a background but just foreground blocks, than it tend to leak.

Ok, I hope at least someone understand, what I want to say with that...

14. The_Dodger

The_Dodger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

In other words, make sure your roof has a background. I figured that out too.

15. EarlGrey

EarlGrey Big Damn Hero

Yes! That's what I mean!

16. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]

I redid my windmill and added bakery.

And thanks for the tip on the background tiles preventing leaking.

Silvernis and Hawk Novablast like this.
  17. Nathaniel Moxley

Nathaniel Moxley Title Not Found

upload_2014-3-17_0-12-58.png

Just another cute little house you can make fast and easy :p

18. Grim Samurai

Grim Samurai Void-Bound Voyager

This is my house, not the most practical, i know, but im proud of it :D
    Also i just finished building it, so i have yet to place the crafting stuff.

The left gate
    Left gate.JPG The house
    Home.JPG
    My dojo :D
    Dojo.JPG
    The meditation temple
    Meditation temple.JPG
    The crafting room
    Crafting room.JPG
    And the right gate
    Right gate.JPG
    There's also a little farm passed the right gate, but i haven't planted anything yet.
    For those wondering i used the Sacred Hylotl Tree mod for that awesome iron sakura tree.

19. Jety Lefr

Jety Lefr Pangalactic Porcupine

Really awesome work there. Very attractive.

20. Nathaniel Moxley

Nathaniel Moxley Title Not Found

upload_2014-3-17_14-36-46.png

Here's a Japanese style house with a rice patty of course :D

Orchidna, Hawk Novablast and gothixxx like this.