Building/Ship Show off your house :D

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by TheVulcanKId, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Coalsack

Coalsack Void-Bound Voyager

Dunno if I should post it here or make a new thread, but, here's my Castle. Originally a Glitch Fortress, now renovated into a Byzantine-styled castle for my avian character

Left section:
    Castle 1-B.PNG
    Castle 1-C.PNG
    Castle 1-A.PNG

Right section:
    Castle 2-D.PNG
    Castle 2-C.PNG
    Castle 2-B.PNG
    Castle 2-A.PNG

I heard that were some Starry-Night paintings in-game, and since I love Van Gogh paintings, I spent several days inspecting Glitch castles, villages and fortresses to find them, to no avail, so I had to cheat them in :'v. That aside, I think that I got carried away with the gold and 'juice' kegs.

The most tiresome part was replacing each one of the castle bricks and stones with red and soft bricks in the same exact pattern. Ah, and filling every one of the bookcases, since they're a lot.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  2. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

@Pohany release your Va-11 Hall-A mod or I’ll hate you forever!

izzykuroneko likes this.
  3. izzykuroneko

izzykuroneko Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*Makes a friend make a VA-11 HALL-A mod for public use*
    >.>
    <.<
    *cough cough*

4. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie Spaceman Spiff

Super cool idea to repurpose the Glitch fortress! It looks lovely with the decor and the bright trees in the background. Great job!

Love the build! Fantastic work as always. I am living for that 3/4 view of the side of the building! The hairstyles are super cute too! Are they your customs or from another mod?

5. Coalsack

Coalsack Void-Bound Voyager

@AmazonValkyrie Whoa, thank you! I had the idea after I restored a Hylotl-styled Palace for my Hylotl character. Than I realized that a Glitch fortress is quite larger than your average Hylotl palace.
    At start, I felt a bit bad for destroying the Glitch home...then I remembered that they tried to kill me >:v

Finding a byzantine looking set of blocks wasn't hard, since the combo of red bricks and soft bricks quite resemble those used in Constantinople. I had also to remove most of the furniture, since it was dark looking, without that regal style was I was aiming to get.

AmazonValkyrie likes this.
  6. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

Thank you kindly! CuteBound & Ningen Race Mod. Only a dark haired girl has a custom hairstyle

AmazonValkyrie likes this.
  7. IndigoAlkali

IndigoAlkali Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Build an abandoned hylotl castle on a ocean planet from the ground up then renovated it. Decided to flesh out the outlying areas on each side. This here is west of the castle- a pier. I really like how I looks at night. :nuruawe:

[​IMG]

8. Pohany

9. Bamboozler

Bamboozler Space Penguin Leader

Not going to lie, I didn't go through all 149 pages of posts but I did go through a LOT. Not only did I see a lot of amazing creations but I found it intriguing and inspiring seeing how over the last 5 years the 'standard' for your home has been constantly improving. If anyone has a spare 20 minutes or so I'd recommend you go back to the first page and at least skim through each page looking at how the Starbound community has evolved as a whole.

10. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 7.34.52 PM.png
    don't have a house anymore. just have a fortified hotel room. gotta hide from the bureaucrats

11. Waagh!

Waagh! Scruffy Nerf-Herder

damn good

2.png

Oh my, so cute...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2018
  12. Pohany

13. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Where does the metro bus come from?

Parrotte likes this.
  14. Pohany

This is a flying bus! Custom Mod!

Windtalkers and Parrotte like this.
  15. Waagh!

Waagh! Scruffy Nerf-Herder

16. Kluex Avatar

Kluex Avatar Star Wrangler

How much do you want to see? It's an entire temple complex...

Hm, I'll just post the highlights.

Not nearly all of it, just some of my favorite parts.
    The pyramid is at the top, and is a shrine to... Y'know... Me.

Actually, I think I may do a rendition of my first ever starbound house, from a few years back. I actually played as a floran back then, so my house was a very small version of those tree houses.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2018
    777JackOfBlades, The Squid and Li-Jon like this.
  17. Starfeather

Starfeather Phantasmal Quasar

Maybe make a new thread to show off the whole thing? I would love to see it all.

Li-Jon likes this.
  18. Bamboozler

Bamboozler Space Penguin Leader

I agree 150 pages is a lot to digest. Maybe having an individual 'showcase' thread which shows the best of the posts here would be good.

19. Pohany

20. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Wow, that's so cool :eek:
    And you also manged to put so many details in. Hats off to you, sir!
    *shakes a top hat from his head*

never..mind and Pohany like this.