1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Shops not Opening in Outpost?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by force_123, Jul 24, 2016.

1. force_123

force_123 Aquatic Astronaut

I'm walking around the outpost and a couple shops still arent open. Am I doing something wrong?

2. Eridan Ampora

Eridan Ampora Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You have to beat the Erchius story mission before most shops unlock!
    EDIT: it occurred to me you might have meant after that. The ore shop requires the teddy bear quest. As for the rest, I'm assuming story missions, though I'm not sure

3. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Yeah, you open up more shops as you complete the story. Still wondering what the other one down below is.

4. KaelRhain

KaelRhain Void-Bound Voyager

Animal, Tickets and Furniture stores opened for me after doing the Search for a Clue mission, then all others NPC had their own quest for their shop.

5. force_123

force_123 Aquatic Astronaut

Well I was looking to go to terramart but it has a big board on the sign. I did some story quests, still didn't open. I kinda need some supplies from it
    --- Post updated ---
    I was playing on my friends single player (thru steam) and completed some quests on there, then went to my world. Would that affect anything?

6. LeMinotier

LeMinotier Poptop Tamer

You have to progress on the main quests to open every shop.

See, they promised the main missions would not be necessary to progress anywhere else in the game and yet you need to beat at least the Floran Hunting Party to access every shop. Why not introduce little quests like the teddy bear quest for the other Outpost shops?

7. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Yes. The outpost progress is universe connected, not character connected. So you need to redo quests in your singleplayer game (start with the erchius mining facility and see if that solves the issue).

8. Naiko

Naiko Void-Bound Voyager

So you need to do the story to unlock important stuff?

well, that's just so, so bad for the sandbox type of player, its a shame :c

9. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

important? The shops are not all that important, at least the ones that have not opened after Erchius mining facility.

One only needs 1 shop to sell.
    Infinity Express sell most basic things you could even need.
    The floran shop sells farming.

There are a couple that unlock through quest of their own without the story. One being UFO, One a challenge thingy for techs, and the teddy quest.

The sign maker is not really all that important, just something for aesthetics.

The only one I can think of that would be important, would be the black market; if you don't want to deal with crew to upgrade ship. Which floran mission unlocks.
    Otherwise the story is truly not needed after the Erchius.

Equipment; weapons, armor, and crafting things can be done without the story.
    Colony thing same.
    Farming ting same.
    Exploring planets same.

What would be important at the outpost that needs to be open after the Erchius mission?

For me it is minimal and progress is not locked behind story beyond fixing ship... All the rest is outpost progression, and not character progression. Which to me personally seems about right that the story progresses the outpost to a minimal extent. If it didn't then what is the story for beyond reading flavor text/atmosphere?

It is just the way I see it. I can do all the things I consider important after the Erchius mission, and not have to worry about the story. :nuruhappy:

10. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

Anyone knows what do I have to do to get that weapons shop by the Beak Easy bar to open? I already did the Floran mission and it's still closed.

11. Lycaon

Lycaon Big Damn Hero

How can you redo the main quest line? My brother just deleted his character+universe because he thought it was a bug (we played in my universe).

12. phichikapparho

phichikapparho Subatomic Cosmonaut

If you are still having trouble I would suggest that each of you do the missions through the floran one solo. And then join up and then do multiplayer.

It seems like there might be a bug or something unforseen going on with trying to complete quests during multiplayer. So as unattractive and tedious as that sounds that might be the best way to avoid complication. At least for the moment.

13. anitakai

anitakai Phantasmal Quasar

Had this outpost problem myself, then read this thread and thought to re-run the mining base - and hoopla, outpost got fixed, shops open, etc.

14. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Start with the erchius horror mission, you repeat missions at S.A.I.L. If that dosent work create a new char and do the main quest again (but you dont need to delete your old char, its the same universe).

15. Naiko

Naiko Void-Bound Voyager

I get what are you saying and you're kinda right, but in the other hand, yes, it bothers me anyways

Tamorr likes this.
  16. Efrim

Efrim Pangalactic Porcupine

Ok. Why?

17. Naiko

Naiko Void-Bound Voyager

Because i want those shops even if they are not that important.

18. SnowflakeMask

SnowflakeMask Void-Bound Voyager

Think it as bonus rewards for doing main quest stuff. Like, if the main quests didn't have any rewards besides more main quests, that would be kinda iffy.

19. Efrim

Efrim Pangalactic Porcupine

Ok so; I can understand having a sandbox mentality - and I can understand having a completionist mentality. If you're in the sandbox mindset the shops are utterly irrelevant. If you are in the completionist mindset why would you be averse to doing the main quests?

I'm really not trying to be critical here I'm just not understanding the point of view. :speechless:

20. Von Marlon

Von Marlon Pangalactic Porcupine

Was just about to ask the same. I'm guessing the next story mission does.