1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Shopkeeper dialog box is cut off

Discussion in 'Mac / Linux Bug Reports' started by Cormorant777, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Cormorant777

Cormorant777 Intergalactic Tourist

I am playing the new update (1.3?) on a MacBook running High Sierra, via Steam.

Ever since downloading the new update, when I go to a shop and open the dialogue box, the dialogue is too far over to the left of my screen, to the point where part of the portrait and the shopkeeper's text is cut off by the edge of my screen. It happens in every shop, but is particularly noticeable in the night market, where the box is far enough to the left that I can't read the text or see the portrait.

I've attached a screenshot but unfortunately it's not a very good one. This screenshot is cut off at the top, but that's just because I couldn't figure out how to take a full-screen screenshot. The top is fine. However the left of the screenshot is actually the left of my screen.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and please let me know if you need any further information! shop trouble.png

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Is it permanently off-screen? Have you tried altering the zoom settings in the "Options" screen?

I'm playing on Linux, but I can recreate your issue if I set my zoom to max-level; 125%
      At lower zoom settings, below 120%; everything seems fine. Not sure if that's the same as your issue.