Ship upgrades and some new shots of the office

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Mutant1988

Mutant1988 Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe if you worded yourself in a less sarcastic and unpleasant manner people would listen to you? Or at the very least not tell you to shut up.

Just a thought.

Your input is wanted, if constructive and relevant to the direction of the game (But is still no more than a suggestion to be considered - They have no obligation to do precisely what you tell them, unless it concerns something already
    explicitly promised).

But I'm sure the developers can manage just fine without your specific input, especially when it does naught but question their competence and professionalism and in no subtle way accuse them of fraud.

KillerKitteh, Kabu and Serenity like this.
  2. Serpensio

Serpensio Big Damn Hero

If you want a voice in company decisions, buy stock. Only shareholders have relevancy when it comes to decisionmaking. If it's not stock or bonds, it's not investment, its a purchase at present value, you get only what was offered at the time of purchase, no more, no less. Though, being crowdsourced, Chucklefish is more likely a private company, so the only worth of input is whatever that which the sole proprietor gives it. Even if he does say he's open to it, he is in no way bound to it.

BTW, I like the office. Very bright and kiddish. :rofl:
    I'll bet it's good for the artists.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  3. RynCage

RynCage 3.1415926535897...

A dictionary would help a lot of you guys out big time.
    Literally writing novels about how you don't know what the word invest means.

Aeon likes this.
  4. Dyskord

Dyskord Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wonder if its as bad in other indie-games. "Hey, i spent 15ish dollars, now i am entitled to control every single aspect of the company developing the game".
    I dont give a damn how chucklefish spends the money, and if an office helps them to work more efficiently, or even just makes them "feel better", so be it.
    Besides that, they still work on the game, on some pretty big stuff like progression, combat stuff, etc, so i dont see why people have any problem with the office.
    Its not like they move into the office, and stop developing starbound alltogether.

Besides that, from what i see i probably would love to work in an office like that, seems way more friendly and colorful than my usual image of offices^^

5. roadrashh

roadrashh Void-Bound Voyager

Hey! In the sixth screenshot of their offices, that dude in the very back is on his phone, checking his Facebook or some s***! Starbound really is screwed if the staff of CF can't even concentrate on their work long enough for a photo!

This thread has gone downhill since the first page anyway, so I decided to make a joke.

6. Revan567

Revan567 Void-Bound Voyager

I wish beside the vanilla ship upgrades the ability to choose in something like from a menu between custom ships, when creating a character the player should be able to choose from the beginning ONE ship he wants to use at the start and ingame aswell, so between modded ships, I don´t know. With special upgrades you could unlock the ability to have more ships at once which you have to buy maybe from something like a transport salesman maybe but for a realistic price of pixels ofcourse, so it should be expensive. So that means if you have for example 2 ships, you can change it anytime and all items will be there ofcourse, so for example you have maybe a mothership and you want to change your ship to a little space shuttle and just teleport to it when choosing from menu and ofcourse all items there will be saved. Would be epic and great :) Was my thought, maybe it should be a bit different, I don´t know :D But the idea is good :)

RenaldiForumStar likes this.
  7. TheDarkKnightOne

TheDarkKnightOne Space Hobo

So , ya buildin' an elementary school? or a kindergarten? because that looks odd.

Pingeh likes this.
  8. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

It doesn't.

9. Piccolo

Piccolo Guest

You just have to say something, eh?

Pingeh likes this.
  10. Carryall

Carryall Big Damn Hero

I thought the word "odd" was a matter of perception. You might as well tell him, "you don't" instead of "it doesn't". The office comes off as a neo-60's marketing/creative office with splashes of darker colors from my point of view. Not my taste, but I'm certain the staff have put more thought into the office than decor. For instance, the computer chairs are 5-point with lumbar support. These chairs are meant for long work hours with less back strain.

VexingKitten likes this.
  11. TheDarkKnightOne

TheDarkKnightOne Space Hobo

I think they shouldn't have decorated their office like that , it's a fashion catastrophe.

Pingeh likes this.
  12. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Looks to me like an artist's paradise

13. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

I doubt fashion was as important as cost and functionality. People already bitch about how CF use their money, can you imagine the rage if they hired a professional designer and brought fancy matching office equipment?

I have also yet to see an indie developer who's studio didn't start as a mess of mix and matched furniture sourced from the best they could manage at the time.
    Look at Insomniac games. Their first office was tiny room with painted cinder block walls, a few game posters and a mix of random chairs including a freaking deck chair. Now they have a proper HQ with fancy sign and lobby, merchandise placed around and an office space that looks like a fully professional company.
    That took them from 1994 to now to achieve......

Throw the place together quickly so people can come from overseas and begin working? Or spend another few months trying to get the Chi flow right and if the mahogany partitions suit the Sunset Crimson wall paint?

Darklight likes this.
  14. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Mmmm. Smells like rich mahogany.

15. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

[​IMG]

16. penguinhammer

penguinhammer Space Spelunker

I'm not an interior decorator, but this kind of free-form-whatever-the-heck they're going for is what you go for when you don't want to spend the serious amount of money on coordination.

17. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

Good heavens, how can interior decoration cause this much controversy?

Jonesy and Litagano Motscoud like this.
  18. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Because some people desperately want something to complain about

19. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

Actually, yeah, don't know why I asked

20. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

FASHION IS SRS BSNS

Akado likes this.