Modding Discussion Ship AI Mod: G.I.B.B.I

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by burningleos, Jun 19, 2017.

1. burningleos

burningleos Cosmic Narwhal

Hey guys, I am working on a ship AI mod as sort of teaser for an upcoming Race mod for Starbound for a fictional species called the Spikians, They are infact, A race of Horny Marsupial/Felines that are now deciding to reach for the stars, how they do it unlike most races is manipulating space and time, practically travelling across dimensions (Don't get the wrong idea, they actually HAVE horns and Antlers)

The AI name is called G.I.B.B.I (Gib-bee) which is short for G alactic I ntersteller B est B uddy I nterface

This is what I have for the Mod so far, Its basically a reskinned human AI, but I am planning to make it as unique as the A.V.I.A.N mod where its an AI with a personality of its own

Though Ill have to work on it more, Sadly its only availible so far for the Vanilla races, Mod Specific Races like the Avali will be worked on as soon as I can
    [​IMG]

>Update: Hey guys I created a new discussion page about info on my upcoming custom race, the Spikians, heres a link: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/race-mod-the-spikians-sprite-artists-wanted.134560/

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  2. Akari_Enderwolf

Akari_Enderwolf Pangalactic Porcupine

This race sounds kinda like a mix of my Dimentrex race and the felins race since the Dimentrex are draconian and on the verge of inter-dimensional travel.

You can see my Dimentrex-self in my icon. The new version is almost ready to release either tonight or tomorrow.

3. burningleos

Well, What a mere coincidence, However you say they say they are on the verge on travelling, The Spikians actually mastered it, before, They used Dimensional Manipulation as way to get to point A to Point B, but they never used it large scale like Space Travel, mostly used as Teleportation Devices, They are techinologically proweress, and with the introduction of the mechs in 1.3, I had thoughts on creating spikian themed parts for the Mechs

4. Akari_Enderwolf

Some of the lore I planned for the Dimentrex is that they already made tech that make the teleporters in-game obsolete by their tech level, instead basically making doorways that take you from one point to another, like a stargate. They chose not to go full scale with inter-dimensional travel just yet due to a mansion that appeared and brought a trans-dimensional plague of sorts with it. Anyway I would love to hear more about your race too ^. ^ My break is over now, so I can't respond for a couple hours, good luck with your race, I'd be happy to help if you run into any trouble making it.

burningleos likes this.
  5. burningleos

Thanks for the response, Its gonna take me some time to work on the race itself, mostly because my pixel art skills are very mediocre, so It might end up being a reskinned floran (mostly because some of the default floran hairstyles are some of the ideas I had for the spikian hairstyles as well, but less leafy more actual hair)

6. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

that race actually sounds interesting. With the race mod I'm wanting to make, they actually have access to magic and use that for space travel along with battle

burningleos likes this.
  7. burningleos

That's cool that your idea is about magic for both battle and travelling, My race in particular are known for their technology, I had thoughts on weapons, furniture, and other things to fit that idea, also mecha parts... One of the few ideas I had whenever I created the race was that their first weapon they recieve is not a broken 2 handed sword, but a beam saber

8. Akari_Enderwolf

For my race, the starter weapon will be a Plasmic Tool that acts as a 2hand pistol with a melee secondary attack, it can be upgraded into a 1hand pistol doing more damage, a 2hand pistol doing a bit more damage or 2 different melee variants, all can be upgraded to max level. I also plan to include a crafting station that can change it between the 4 variants if the same tier at the cost of some ore.

9. Cyel

Cyel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Might I chime in on the S.A.I.L. part and talk about my Scripted S.A.I.L. mod which allows people to swap their A.I. easily? It'd fix the "Sadly its only availible so far for the Vanilla races, Mod Specific Races like the Avali will be worked on as soon as I can" part; and I've tried to make it pretty easy to actually create, with a template

For the specie itself, it'd be interesting if somehow you removed the ship travel animation between planets and space stuff, to show their difference in space travel technology

burningleos likes this.
  10. burningleos

I saw your chip mod on the steam workshop and that will be very helpful, But i'm still doing some work on it, once its done, I could lend the files to you so you can make it a chip

11. Cryptoid

Cryptoid Pangalactic Porcupine

Is this still being worked on?