1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Shared steam library leads to shared save game

Discussion in 'Support' started by Institor, Jun 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Institor

Institor Space Hobo

Hello everyone,

I found the following issue:

A friend of mine and I both own the game. Since we started sharing our steam libraries through steam family sharing, I see her save game on my computer and I am able to load it without her every playing on my computer.

I didn't yet verify if any changes that I make in the save game are being synchronised to her account, but I will try that tomorrow.

I am not really sure if this is a bug within Stardew or Steam, but I haven't seen this happening in other games yet, which seems to point towards Stardew. Did anyone else encounter this issue?

Cheers,

Institor

• ASInisterIon

ASInisterIon Void-Bound Voyager

Bump

Can confirm this has also happened to me, earlier this year. I have a shared library with the person who's saves I now have. We both own our own copies. Has there been a fix to this I missed, or any acknowledgement by concernedape? Is it something that can be fixed, or just something to be cautious of so as to not accidentally screw up a friends save? Either is fine, just looking for an answer one way or the other! :)