Share your misfortune here.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr. V, Feb 27, 2016.

1. RaineShadow

RaineShadow Industrial Terraformer

Stupid things I did:
    -Went to the Stardew valley fair, entered the contest, but thought clicking major Lewis will end the fair again, so I won the first three prizes solely by fishing (with cheats). So then I finally clicked Lewis and used the money I got on the Spinning Wheel until I had enough for a stardrop. And then I left without collecting all my gold- and silver-starred items.

-Was bad with names in the beginning and read online the mayor was ashamed of his secret relationship, so I thought he was having an affair with Pam, who lives beside him, and searched her trailer for the shorts. When I didn't find them, I read it was a glitch and abandoned that quest.

• Larielia

Larielia Subatomic Cosmonaut

On the way home from the mine. I was so close to getting home, but it was already late. Passed out, and somebody from Jojo Mart found me. They charged me 1,000 gold for that service. (Now I am behind of saving up for bag upgrade.)

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

The only missfortunate event I've had so far was going afk for a while (real life was calling) and come back to find out I had died on the mines, lost 6 items from my inventory, over 1000 gold and forgotten the last 11 floors. I stared at the screen for a good minute before the shock ware off and I started cursing mentally at myself and swearing never to forget to use ESC to pause the game before afking again xD

• marimivo

marimivo Void-Bound Voyager

My cat, mr. Flash, likes to sleep in inappropriate locals. Once he slept in front of my door and I couldn't enter the house to sleep, so I fainted and lost 20k of money plus some good items. And I was like "geeez cat, really?? Get out of the way!!".

The sad part is that the game saved, it was a new season and I had no money to buy seeds. :cry:

Phaena, Jaed and WilliamZ like this.
          • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I've heard of that happening before. I've found that if your pet gets in your way, you can get them to scoot over by pushing them. Just keep walking at them like you're trying to go through them and they'll move. Now, if the livestock would just do this as well...

Jaed and marimivo like this.
            • marimivo

marimivo Void-Bound Voyager

I tried, really! But he didn't move at all. That wasn't the first time this thing happened (normally he does is inside the house), and no matter how hard I clicked on him or walked, Flash was stuck in my way. This works with the townspeople, but not with this cute annoying cat.

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
              • Larielia

Found a pufferfish in the trash, sold it before I realized I needed one for the bundles.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
                • Jaed

Jaed Industrial Terraformer

I've had this happen with my pet dog. He found a spot above where I have a couple chests in the kitchen and he won't budge.

• plc

plc Astral Cartographer

I had the same thing happen recently, with my dog being sleeping in the path between the house's livingroom to the bedroom. i was like, "Is this karma for not filling his water bowl for much of 3 season?"

Another I had when I started playing and had no idea that bean starters have trellis. Planted a whole bunch around me before I realized I just trapped myself inside...
                    I have a lot trellis crops mishaps due to poor planning...

Jaed and marimivo like this.
                    • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

It's fall 22 in my current save and it hasn't rained at all the entire season, also checked the wheater forecast and it's not going to rain on fall 23 either. I am getting desperate for rain, not only do I need a walleye for the CC but I also want to get married during the winter, so I need the pendant.
                      This is the driest fall in the history of forever and I have no way of changing that. I don't have the blueprint for the rain totem yet and even if I did I wouldn't be able to make, don't have pigs yet.
                      I am absolutely begging for rain by now.

...This is the first time I have ever begged for rain. In game or irl. I hate rain, now even more.

Phaena, Jaed and Ladysarajane like this.
                      • Larielia

I found a frozen geode in the mine. Decided to process it rather than sell. It contained one clay.

Jaed likes this.
                        • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

It's better to process geodes when the Gods are in a good mood (check your fortune for the day on the TV), but you can still get clay and stone out of it, it's pure RNG.

Phaena likes this.
                          • Larielia

The saloon was selling sashimi, which I didn't buy. The next day Sam tells me it's a loved item for Sebastian. And it hasn't been there since.

• WonkoTSane42

WonkoTSane42 Star Wrangler

This same thing happened to me on that quest! I had plenty of energy and food but I got swarmed and I couldn't eat my food in time to help and I was trapped in a corner in the cave. Linus saved me & I lost my sword and over 500g ... Plus I forgot levels 6-20!!! I had gotten to the fourth elevator stop and lost it all back to the first stop on floor five. All the grrr were belong to me that day!
                              --- Post updated ---
                              I said an audible "ouch" to this. That blows. Literally

Tamorr likes this.
                              • deukahng

deukahng Big Damn Hero

Not so much a mishap, but still hilarious. Triggered Abigail's four-heart event. The one in the rain.
                                Abi: "Come stand under the tree".
                                *tree is gone due to recent foraging*
                                Me: "Abi, are you losing it?"

Phaena, Jaed, Minimanta and 1 other person like this.
                                • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

I saw that in a youtube let's play once. Absolutely hilarious xD
                                  It was just this tiny little sapling in this video. Can't stand under saplings, you silly.

• StardewPally

StardewPally Big Damn Hero

On a similar note, I triggered Penny's eight-heart event in Winter...during a snowstorm. Yes, Penny, lovely day for a picnic with the children.

marimivo and Jaed like this.
                                    • MoonlitBrenya

MoonlitBrenya Existential Complex

I placed a bomb in my basement on accident, didn't notice the damage (bug in the mod, idk). Like, seriously, nothing looked wrong. So I went about my day, slept, woke up, went to basement, freshly built and one free crystilaium and diamonds in both, as well as a chest with other gems, poof, gone.

clicked on a stack of seeds to move, only to sell back to Pierre, and not having enough gold to buy back, again.

pick killed my first Sweet Gem Berry.

placed a chest and a recycle machine on the pier, only to have Lewis walk through them and destroy them.

Oh, and my very first fruit tree, an Apple tree, lightning destroyed. I came home to a pile of logs in it's place. This was before the patch that fixed that. I think I got 1 apple from it.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
                                        deukahng likes this.
                                      • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Got overwhelmed by mummies today.

Decided to take on Qi's Challenge shortly after unlocking the skull cavern on my current save. I was completely unprepared for a proper skull cavern dive, but I can usually make it to level 25 unprepared. Not this time though. There were mummies absolutely everywhere. Quickly ran out of bombs, didn't have enough stone to skip levels, temporarily killed mummies left and right while frantically picking away at stones to find the way down. Made it to level 10 before I got so overwhelmed that I had to run for the exit but there were still plenty time left in the day so I decided to try again. Same thing, absolutely overwhelmed by mummies. Had to quit for good well before I hit level 25 and all I got out of that trip was one single pathetic iridium ore that I got from a purple slime.

So frustrated that I wasted an entire day down there with basicly nothing to show for it. This is why I only go down there on super lucky days.

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                                        • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Make friends with Linus, he'll give you the recipe fairly early on and it's super easy to make.

MoonlitBrenya likes this.