Shane's Alcoholism

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RainyRoyale, Apr 16, 2019.

1. RainyRoyale

RainyRoyale Void-Bound Voyager

I know it's a long shot that ConcernedApe will see this, but here goes.

I also know that my suggestion will take a lot of rewriting and recoding, and it'll most likely never happen, but I might as well say it because it really bothers me.

It bothers me how once you activate Shane's six heart event, nothing changes by way of alcohol. I feel like once you help him sort out his addiction, he should quit alcohol altogether. He should hate getting Beer as a present, he should stop going to the Saloon, and when you're married part of his dialogue is "Hmmm. What's it going to be today? Beer or Ale?". He shouldn't say that if he's an alcoholic!

But hey, that's just me. I just thought I'd share, in case they actually decide to fix it.

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

i married the female variant of Shane, Shania, from a mod, but yeah, he said that he started drinking water
      must say, he doesn't say he quit drinking it forever, but...
      liking alcohol is 1 thing, being a drunk again is just weird after marriage, and after the whole situation he went through
      and his spouse room can change a bit, maybe beer related with a glass of water added, and NO MESS!! ... maybe the mess could be some shoes or whatever lying around, but not the way it is now

many made suggestions for Shane, so maybe CA will notice it (bigger chance than with just 1 thread about it)
      so yeah, i agree with it, let him even be an average drinker, no pure alcoholic like he used to be, anymore

• Keifire

Keifire Space Hobo

(I want to apologize in advance if my English isn't good!)

Hi! I want to suggest this same thing. Maybe some things are a lot to change, but little things can actually work. When you marry him, his room has a lot of beer footprints, and is messier than his own room in his old house. He is getting better, so I really feel bad when I see that he is even worse in some aspects. I think that little changes can be done so you have the impression that he is actually doing better. He is always going to be Shane, and that's great, but some things are just too much.

I'm going to always love him anyway.

Thank you for reading me!

ShaneLovesChickens likes this.
        • ShaneLovesChickens

ShaneLovesChickens Tentacle Wrangler

Hi, this is my first ever reply here, so I'm a bit nervous.

I agree with what you said. I found it both sad and a tad strange that Shane continued to drink after he said he had switched to water. Perhaps he shouldn't go to the saloon every night, and when he does, he shouldn't drink. I also think that he should no longer love beer as a gift after the 6-heart event.