1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Sewer pipe corner of DEAD

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by XailentGames, Feb 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XailentGames

XailentGames Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well, i was creating little outpost on a creative planet, There i decided to have a sewer sistem, Just to add more detail.
    After building all the Outsides First and second floor i builded the sewer; what is a sewer without pipes? so i got some using the /admin command and start picking up pipes, I builded a giant sewer sistem, So i put the maximun amount pipes (999), When i placed the first or two it was all good, nothing went wrong, when i got to the corner i opened the Inventori scream and select the pipes; in that moment the game froze and then crashed..... Now, im traped with the corner pipe select wich makes my game freeze and crash...

DontTrust.png

2. triptych6

triptych6 Void-Bound Voyager

Same issue here. Same corner even I think, but I can't play that character at the moment. And all I wanted was to get up to code :\

3. triptych6

triptych6 Void-Bound Voyager

Well, my solution was to load up, quickly click on another item, go to a non-home planet, place a chest in a hole, open the chest, shift-click the pipe so it is transferred immediately to the chest. Then I buried the chest, marked it with a warning, and left the planet to be forsaken for all eternity.

Hope that helps anyone else.

abgpieceofcheese likes this.
  4. cmdrcade

cmdrcade Space Hobo

I had the same problem. The solution is to quickly load up the world and IMMEDIATELY click on another item. Don't click on the sewer pipe again, or the game WILL crash. From there I went to the outpost and shift-clicked it into a storage container, then left. Because all items in storage containers on the Outpost are deleted when you leave, the pipe will be gone for good.

5. nimmerland

nimmerland Existential Complex

Those pipes which are not obtainable in the game are only available through admin codes or mods and are not meant to be used anymore.
    sewerpipemiddle, sewerpipeNE, sewerpipeNW, sewerpipeSE, sewerpipeSW, ..

The pipes that spawn in sewer dungeons / outpost dungeons are legit.

It should be made sure that mods are compatible with the current used version of Starbound. When mods are removed, it is recommended to rename / delete the giraffe_storage folder and start from scratch as the player and universe files most likely contain modded data as well.¹

If the invalid item is in the characters's inventory, it may be tried to delete it as mentioned above or with an external tool like Starcheat.²
    (This might also be possible for the shipworld - if not, delete the corresponding .shipworld file in the player folder)
    When placed on a planet the specific .world file in the universe folder can be renamed / deleted to regenerate the planet.

¹ http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/starbound-refuses-to-launch.86793
    ² http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/crashing.91884/#post-2443396

Dunto likes this.
  6. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Can you post your starbound.log?
    ==

Dunto likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.