1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue SEVERE Memory Leak for Server

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Relinies, Jul 23, 2016.

1. maradine

maradine Big Damn Hero

Running on an EC2 T2.large, bone stock Amazon Linux AMI 2016.03.3 image. I'd call this either a leak or a commented out free() call somewhere. Server is stable to 8 players but crashes after all-day use and process memory increases steadily with new player connections - never really declines.

EDIT

For context, that top screenshot was of the server after being idle overnight. You'd think the starbound process would be back to idle state, memory-wise.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  2. MWicker

MWicker Space Hobo

3. willisterman

willisterman Space Hobo

Ran 1.0.2 overnight. It's a little better, but not as much as I'd expected. After a night of playing, the server would usually be going up about 7-10GB per night. It's now sat at about 5GB, however it's been idle for 7 hours, so I'd have expected it to drop more than that.

It may not be related, but I've noticed it's taking a lot longer to download chunks. Just warping into peoples ships is slow now. Nothing else has changed on the server.

4. +DS_DV+

+DS_DV+ Void-Bound Voyager

Yey they fixed the Memmory Leak but it still has these huge CPU requirements.
    i have 2 dedicated Cores with 4GHz and 16 GB Ram i ran Gameservers from diffrent games with a total of around ~50ish players no problem with 25% CPU Load.

but only 1 - 2 Players on Starbound and the hole system lags even webservices !!!

5. willisterman

willisterman Space Hobo

I think the memory issue is fixed, but all my players are reporting terrible performance now, The server seems to lag terribly when there are a lot of NPC's on screen.