Server Listing In-Game

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Bacon, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Heya there. This may be something the Team is already planning, but just in case...

I always wonder that Starbound may be aiming for a system like Terraria to join servers, we must search the to find IPs and really, it isn't at all the best way to find servers.

:paper: So since i play KAG, i saw one nice server listing in-game that is always helpful to i get new servers to play on:

[​IMG]

Something like this could be in Starbound, there i no reason to not be there.

:paper: One server listing like this advantages:
    - Much easier to find online servers, and not need to find IPs around.
    - The ability to Ping Servers and display them as the lowest ping, the less laggy servers first.
    - The feature that can be used of list several game modes, like PVP only servers, RolePlay, etc...
    - The features that can be used to set Favorite Servers, Search by name, etc...

The IP Connect is still there but i believe this would be simple since it only needs to be coded and then one master server that only grabs and displays the server data to the client.

I do not agree that players must depend of third party websites to find servers to play on like it happens in Terraria. So this is my suggestion that can be beneficial to both Server Owners and Players.:lolwut:
    Vote here: http://playstarbound.com/suggestions/?p=view&id=8415

flippitydip and Katzeus like this.
  2. SuggestionsBot

SuggestionsBot Autonomous Posting Device

Thanks for submitting a new suggestion!

Please remember to give your opinion on this suggestion by voting on our suggestions page.

3. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

I approve, this would be great if it was able to be well implemented

Bacon likes this.
  4. eden grange

eden grange Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this sounds great. i think there should also be the option of hosting private password protected servers though.

Bacon likes this.
  5. flippitydip

flippitydip Big Damn Hero

Hopefully, they were already planning this. I'm voting on this just in case. It would be awesome if we had this, the way minecraft and terraria do it is terrible to say the least.

Bacon likes this.
  6. Yes we see they want to make this game right. And let the multiplayer be something very basic like Terraria is depending of third party sites, it's not make it right.
    Let's wait and see for when Servers are discussed, a lot of silence about multiplayer in the daily updates. :p

flippitydip likes this.