OOC Serik - A collaborative Sci fi RPG

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Hwo Thumb, Apr 27, 2014.

1. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

Uh, spitballing?

2. Hwo Thumb

Hwo Thumb Scruffy Nerf-Herder

spit·ball
    ˈspitˌbôl/
    North American
    verb
    informal
    gerund or present participle: spitballing
    1. throw out (a suggestion) for discussion.
      "I'm just spitballing a few ideas"
    Off topic, but something that searching for a definition of "spitballing" showed me:
    The frequency of the word "frequent" has decreased by about 50% since the 1800's

warlava50 and critsarecool like this.
  3. critsarecool

Is it ok that I had a cuss word in my post? I couldn't think of anything else that wouldn't ruin the moment.

4. Hwo Thumb

Sure, that's fine.
    This might be useful in the future
    ||
    ||
    V​
    Probably the most profane thing I've ever written, in terms of swear to normal word ratio. (Though not sure if it holds a candle to "Memento.")

5. critsarecool

The only thing I have to say about this is lots of I's

6. Hwo Thumb

Yeah, titles tend to end in I. (Say that out loud; It's really fun!)

Surreal, I'm not sure how a criminal family ruins Hemlock's business. If Shiro's a mercenary, Greskel is likely an excellent source of employment for her. Greskel wouldn't share turf with a space pirate unless they were both based on Schlora.

By the way, if you're going to retcon Shiro as I pirate, you may want to tell us in the OOC. Just a note for the future. It's fine that you want to play a mercenary, but you had her cast as a pirate.

Sorry, I pick nits. I think I might have control issues :p

7. Hwo Thumb

Well, this is uneventful...
    Shiro, I'm sorry to tell you this, but if you're going to play the captain, (And thus, a very plot important character) you're going to have to let us know how often you can be on. The game can't stop for days at a time while we wait for a handful of lines of dialogue from you. (And in this situation, I can't really take control of your charrie because I don't know what you've got planned.)

[nitpick]
    Also, Heck, try to keep responses over 1 paragraph. We're writing a story, not an SMS chat log
    [/nitpick]

8. critsarecool

In my personal opinion, it might be a good idea to suspend the RP for about a week, so that everyone won't be so busy with school and parties and such.

9. Hwo Thumb

Sounds like a good idea. We kinda need Shiro to go on. I suppose I could take her over again, but I feel like the attack on Greskel is something she really needs to work with herself. I'm honestly very curious as to how she intends to take on a massive criminal empire with a private army of super-ninjas. She'd better have some ideas packed up her sleeve! :) Anyway, we'll likely have more time once summer kicks in.

In the meantime, what do you think of the story so far? Any ideas on how it could be improved? Would you care to suggest any new characters or sub-plots?

If you want, you can make an alt and run a separate plot thread while we wait.

10. critsarecool

Well, right now I'm kinda interested in what is happening in the other guys plot thread, but he hasn't posted in awhile.

11. Hwo Thumb

Yeah... We need more regulars.

You post pretty frequently, and from what I've seen, you're a good writer, so it's nice to have you here.

12. critsarecool

Thanks, mate. Glad to be here, just wish that others were too.

13. warlava50

warlava50 Subatomic Cosmonaut

hmm... i'll get brainstorming! (walks in a room with stuff and closes door with a do not disturb sign.)

14. Hwo Thumb

This ought to be... interesting

15. critsarecool

As long as he actually comes out of the room. Given his current rack record, I would say it's gonna take awhile.

16. warlava50

actually, i've thought of one already. how about a subplot that has to do with greskel?

17. Hwo Thumb

Care to elaborate? The plot IS about Greskel. In fact, both current plot threads are about him Whoops, spoiler. :)

18. warlava50

.... hmmm....:disguise: YOU NEVER SAW ME!

19. critsarecool

Ok, I will be finished with school tomorrow, so I'll be able to post regularly.

20. Hwo Thumb

I don't get out for another week and a half :mad: