September 14th & 15th Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Dis

Dis Phantasmal Quasar

:proper: This is a mighty fine update that....
    :DD D'aw, who am I kidding?! This is AWESOME!! Cameras, turrets, and the wires!! :iswydt:
    Waiting for all these features is much better than having to deal with a minecraft-esque launch. Thank you guys so much for taking the time to perfect your baby! :chucklefish:

2. LastHazzerd

LastHazzerd Title Not Found

Ooooh, security systems. This game has such a wide variety of stuff!

3. Dr Fushba

Dr Fushba Cosmic Narwhal

Written on a wall of a prison cell:
    'I killed a man
    for cake and pie,
    but the pie was fake
    and the cake was a lie...'

tassina, Cardbo, Calris and 5 others like this.
  4. SnakeX

SnakeX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wow, these dungeons are gonna be fantastic. Really loving the functioning security cameras in the prison dungeon in particular. Also, hurray for more optimization! Ensuring that the game runs as smoothly as possible is always important. :up:

tassina and Duke like this.
  5. megro

megro Poptop Tamer

A great Update! Thanks so much!

Also, a game is better delivered later rather that sooner if that means everything works properly. We've seen SO many games that were delivered early with disastrous results.

Keep up the good work.

tassina likes this.
  6. Solarius

Solarius Aquatic Astronaut

There's a point where later is too late. :rofl: But really great update. It actually had content in it which is good. Continuing to wait for this great game. :proper:

tassina likes this.
  7. cwolf042

cwolf042 Pangalactic Porcupine

We've also seen games delivered late with awful results...

Duke Nukem Forever?

Diablo 3?

Both took WAY too long and were worse for it.

8. SuperMann

SuperMann Subatomic Cosmonaut

Looks awesome Armagon! I really like games with an immersive atmosphere, and I'm excited to see that Starbound is taking that path!!

tassina likes this.
  9. kithsakhai

kithsakhai Big Damn Hero

cameras + turrets... /drool....

im hoping i can set MY camera/turrets to activate on someone sneaking into my base at some point, oh the traps i can dream up... aaaahhhhhhhhh!

great update, loving the continued love the prison got, certainly the most moody dungeon we've seen, and there's a story inside it! :D

tassina likes this.
  10. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Coming out late was not Diablo 3's downfall >_>

riseoflegends likes this.
  11. cwolf042

cwolf042 Pangalactic Porcupine

AUCTION HOUSE!!!! :p

SPOOKS80 likes this.
  12. SPOOKS80

SPOOKS80 Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah hope we don't get one of them in this game lmao

13. Dilikutya

Dilikutya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The wiring thing is totally awesome. Some sort of programmable logic would be a most pleasing addition to the game.
    I mean a simple PLD controller. It would be even better if we could program little computers in LUA or C.
    The game's theme is futuristic, I think it makes place for stuff like that :)
    Of course this is not your main concern right now, you have bigger problems,
    but if you make time for that in the future you would make the engineering student community the happyest species on earth.

tassina likes this.
  14. Chafoux

Chafoux Title Not Found

They said they
    would come back ... :whaaat:

15. NeoSabin

NeoSabin Master Chief

Great update and a question.
    Can i set up traps on my planet in case i have unwanted visitors and they not be able to take them apart?

tassina likes this.
  16. Nikki

Nikki Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ok. Release The Game.
    Now.

Blue Hair, Paddon and cwolf042 like this.
  17. joschi

joschi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Good to read something about the upcoming beta, I haven't shown much appearance here in the forum but I'm checking your devdiary daily at least twiche and love to see more and more game content. But take your time for the beta until it fits the whole team, so that we can test it with all the content you want us to test. No need for hurry, there's another game I've got to play since today, and it would be really, really hard to decide between Starbound and GTA... I think I would skip sleeping and try to play as much as possible in both games...

tassina likes this.
  18. marchello35

marchello35 Big Damn Hero

This would make a great song!

19. marchello35

marchello35 Big Damn Hero

I never play one game at once :D but I hate the waiting when one of my friends have already finished gta V...

20. NewcDukem

NewcDukem Aquatic Astronaut

Keep up the good work guys! I await patiently for release. Now that school has started for most, it's easier to be distracted and not stalk your updates for the words "beta" and "release date".